• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT7| P5 is nyaow. (Mark all PQ and P4U spoilers!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

FluxWaveZ

I've been calm this whole time. My expression throughout everything has been:

fNjF5zg.jpg

Lunar15

Honestly, I see no reason to be upset. I'm laughing at the whole thing, and I honestly do love that every reveal for this series has been a cavalcade of incredibly memorable nonsense.

Honestly, I see no reason to be upset. I'm laughing at the whole thing, and I honestly do love that every reveal for this series has been a cavalcade of incredibly memorable nonsense.

The P5 reveal was the GOAT trolling moment.

"Oh MAN ARE YOU GUYS READY?!?! HERE'S EO PERSONA! WAIT THAT'S NOT WHAT YOU WANTED? OKAY DANCING! WAIT NOT THAT EITHER? WELL TOO BAD CONFERENCE IS OVER (three minutes of silence and black screen) OH SHIT IT'S TEDDIE NEVERMIND!"

Darksol

Literally everything I've seen of this game has been amazing. Not a single thing has been shown, revealed or leaked that I haven't absolutely loved.

This game is really shaping up to have its own unique style, yet still be recognizable enough to fall within the Persona franchise. It's wonderful.

PK Gaming

I'm not getting into this bullshit, I've already had a bad enough day. Let me just say this: I am not abrasive or obnoxious, and I wasn't putting people down at all. Chances are, if that same news was posted in the P5 thread, that GIF would be present as well.

Again, I'm not getting into this bullshit.

Nice try. If you think i'd drop this after a such a disingenuous response then you've got another thing coming, buster.

Chances are, i'd still call you out on your bullshit in your hypothetical scenario. Do you just not have any self-awareness? I mean what purpose does posting that gif serve other than to bring the mood down? Did you expect everyone to laugh at such a juvenile response? I mean Jesus Christ, at best you're just bitching for the sake of bitching. It's pointless, acerbic nonsense. Btw, if you seriously think you haven't been vitriolic in this thread then you need to take a good long look at some of the posts you have made.

It just comes down this. Don't be a dick. If you're having a bad day, cool off before lashing out.

I've got so much other stuff to do between FFXIV...

My already low hype was brought down further when i found FFXIV as my new time killer. Now the time is just flying by >.<

I'm already guessing that i'll forget to order P4D until the day before it releases in the US

FluxWaveZ

Video's down. Atlustube hit them with a copyright claim.

HAHA, are you kidding me? That was Atlus USA content, too, so I thought for sure that the video wouldn't be touched, combined with the fact that it's Polygon. Man, Atlus Japan isn't playing around.

Sophia

HAHA, are you kidding me? That was Atlus USA content, too, so I thought for sure that the video wouldn't be touched, combined with the fact that it's Polygon. Man, Atlus Japan isn't playing around.

I don't know if I'd call it "playing around", so much as losing their minds. It can't possibly be productive to be going after videos in such a blanket way that even big news sites are getting caught up in it.

I've given up trying to figure out the logic in their marketing strategy tho. Lunar put it the best above when he called it "a cavalcade of incredibly memorable nonsense." :p

Nachos

I don't know if I'd call it "playing around", so much as losing their minds. It can't possibly be productive to be going after videos in such a blanket way that even big news sites are getting caught up in it.

I've given up trying to figure out the logic in their marketing strategy tho. Lunar put it the best above when he called it "a cavalcade of incredibly memorable nonsense." :p
Honestly makes me wonder if they outsourced upload supervision to an outside firm, or if Atlus Japan really just wants to see the world burn.

You guys need to relax, sit down and watch some anime or something.

Discovering another franchise is a good way to keep your mind off the progress of another one.

I've been calm this whole time. My expression throughout everything has been:

fNjF5zg.jpg

It's funny how they still aren't consistent with this girl's eyes. I don't mind because I think this is better than her glow-in-the-dark eyes from the anime.

Perhaps this is proof that every character model is being done in the exact likeness of the original P4G portraits.

FluxWaveZ

Honestly makes me wonder if they outsourced upload supervision to an outside firm, or if Atlus Japan really just wants to see the world burn.

I dunno, they've been like this in the past (I believe Pepsiman had a lot of trouble concerning his subs with atlustube). They had been more lenient lately, leaving some Persona Stalker Club re-uploads up and music rips on YouTube, but they've jumped to 110% right when the Persona 5 PV02 stuff started leaking out.

That fake PV02 rickroll video is down, predictably.

But yes, I'm not sure I see the point in going so nuts with removing everything. What's the problem with leaving that P4D opening up? I suppose they want to upload it themselves first, presumably tomorrow, but it feels like they're being way too controlling. It's not a good look.

Jachaos

If only they'd shown this game at E3, in any shape, even just PV01 w/ localized menus, and if they had let big outlets show P4DAN stuff, then I wouldn't mind much that they're going hard after P5 videos because they would seem to be holding a reasonable, well thought position.

Right now it just seems like they have no idea of how to achieve this game's full sales potential.

If only they'd shown this game at E3, in any shape, even just PV01 w/ localized menus, and if they had let big outlets show P4DAN stuff, then I wouldn't mind much that they're going hard after P5 videos because they would seem to be holding a reasonable, well thought position.

Right now it just seems like they have no idea of how to achieve this game's full sales potential.

It certainly won't help put Atlus in Polygon's good books. It's certainly a dick move, especially if USA approved it, and Japan head offices were the ones to shut it down.

Faustek

Anyone here ordered through Nippon-yasan? Just got a mail that my order for P4:D was in preparation and I was wondering if that actually means packing and just not "rolling our balls waiting for better times".

wmlk

I dunno, they've been like this in the past (I believe Pepsiman had a lot of trouble concerning his subs with atlustube). They had been more lenient lately, leaving some Persona Stalker Club re-uploads up and music rips on YouTube, but they've jumped to 110% right when the Persona 5 PV02 stuff started leaking out.

But yes, I'm not sure I see the point in going so nuts with removing everything. What's the problem with leaving that P4D opening up? I suppose they want to upload it themselves first, presumably tomorrow, but it feels like they're being way too controlling. It's not a good look.

Not at all. Polygon has something to hold against them now.

Especially when those things aren't negatively affecting the sales potential at all. If this is a precedent for Atlus taking down OST rips on YouTube for P4D and especially P5, then that's going to be hurting them more than anything.

cj_iwakura

Say it with me, kids.

Se-Ga!

FluxWaveZ

For Persona 5, they can't let PV02 media leak out because they made it available specifically for first-print copies of P4D. They can't disrespect their early buyers and they have to keep that exclusivity, so they then need to eliminate every snippet of publicly available PV02 media that they can... I guess. Especially since P4D isn't actually out yet, and people could still decide to not buy a copy if they were being pushed to get the P5 Blu-ray incentive.

It's the P4D content that I find a bit more confusing though, especially that Polygon video. I guess all of it is understandable, but it feels like they're going too far.

Say it with me, kids.

Se-Ga!

They've been like this way before Sega came into the fray. I remember similar craziness back in 2012 when Persona 4 Arena came out.

wmlk

But yeah, I remember fan-made OSTs and official OSTs being taken down by Atlus before. It's just a stupid thing to do, IMO.

Jachaos

The video's still up on Polygon though.

Speaking of OST videos that were taken down, I posted this link to some Persona Music Live concert videos in that thread that was locked earlier. Thought some of you that stayed in Community OT might've been interested.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom