• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT7| P5 is nyaow. (Mark all PQ and P4U spoilers!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hydrus

Quick question, Persona Q is on clearance at best buy and with gamers club it comes out to 30 without taxes. Is this worth it? I really enjoyed persona 3 and 4 golden.

Phatmac

Quick question, Persona Q is on clearance at best buy and with gamers club it comes out to 30 without taxes. Is this worth it? I really enjoyed persona 3 and 4 golden.
It's a good dungeon RPG but the story is weak for the most part. It doesn't go us on the story and character interactions like other persona games but the combat is great. You should try it.

Do you like etrian odyssey? If so then yes.

Do you like persona? If so then yes.

The game is fucking great! Sure, some people arent fans of the EO mechanics, but even if you cant look past those (I found them to be fine, and I couldnt get into EO), the game is still top quality.

Shouta

It was just a big circle jerk of "Did it leak yet?"

It's probably for the best.

Correct. There's no trailer and all the posts were about it if it was out yet or fake links. That's pretty much just white noise. A new thread discussing it can go up when it's out, I'm pretty eager to see more stuff too.

Nachos

Do you like etrian odyssey? If so then yes.
And if you haven't tried them, look into the Etrian IV demo to see if you like it. Regardless of whether or not you like the deemphasis of character-based story there, if you like the combat and dungeon crawling, I think you'll like Q. The plot takes a backseat even in Q until the final stretch of the game, but it makes up for it with a lot of nice character interactions that are constantly happening.

It was fun for a little while until the Japanesus and 4Chan started trolling us with Rick Rolls.
I appreciate the effort that went into this one, at least.

Weiss

Banned
Norn's usually a pretty high ranking demon in the series. I wonder why she's the starter enemy for P5. Maybe the first boss? It seems like that's the protagonist's awakening there, but he's also already in costume.

QuadOpto

Please edit that above post(Just the name you said) or spoiler it. There are people in this thread who want to go into P5 completely blind.

EDIT:Not trying to be an ass, just something people expressed earlier in the thread.

Nimby

Banned
Norn's usually a pretty high ranking demon in the series. I wonder why she's the starter enemy for P5. Maybe the first boss? It seems like that's the protagonist's awakening there, but he's also already in costume.

Look at his HP/MP

Makio

Norn's usually a pretty high ranking demon in the series. I wonder why she's the starter enemy for P5. Maybe the first boss? It seems like that's the protagonist's awakening there, but he's also already in costume

If you check that battle screenshots the phantom got 440 HP and 233 SP. I dont remember exactly but in Persona Golden you to be like lvl 50-55 to got those stats. Can be more but i think is a later game battle no a starter.

EDIT : Beat by Nimby

Well, I don't know if this will hold true, but the HP and SP values of 440 and 233, respectively, look rather high. Maybe they're increasing it so it goes into the thousands for all I know though. Can't really say why the damage was so low considering the high HP and SP though.

Edit: Got beaten twice lol.

Darksol

Polygon uploaded a high quality version of the P4D opening on YouTube, finally. atlustube wouldn't be touching this one, since it's from the English version of the game.

I had gotten the lower quality version I uploaded promptly removed by Atlus earlier, so I had to resort to an alternative.

Kanji looks swag AF in that.

Agreed! Nice upload ^_^

Sooo how should we follow the potential leaked images if there are new ones? We post a link in here without embedding them?

I'm wondering this myself.

Makio

That menu theme sounds like something you can hear in the drugstores of Innocent Sin ahaha.

I love the intro , more i watched more i loved . That
botty with botty move from Chie and Yukiko
got me everytime.

Weiss

Banned
Look at his HP/MP

Good point. I figured the anime cutscene, solo MC, and low damage of his spell meant it had to be the starter fight but the values from the first trailer are way lower than here, plus they're fighting early-game demons like Pyro Jack and Sandman.

I guess the biggest question then would be that, if this is a fight way later in the game, what is the MC still doing with his starter Persona?

Makio

I guess the biggest question then would be that, if this is a fight way later in the game, what is the MC still doing with his starter Persona?

I dont know about you but i always
kept my initial persona in my gameplay , actually Izanagi is one my strongest persona in the compendium

But still that 20pts of damage makes me wonder .

Or Atlus
dont to show other persona you can use yet

FluxWaveZ

I wish they would stop spoiling the trailer with pictures and just upload the trailer.

This is the stuff that got the previous thread locked. They have stopped, like, more than a dozen hours ago when everything went silent after all of the pictures were leaked.

todd360

Are you trying to tell us there's some sort of cross-promotion between Persona 5 and Spongebob, or what

Nah. You see, the guy who has the confidential disc is patrick from the secret box episode. He won't let spongebob (sophiabob) look inside the box. Sophiabob doesn't appreciate the disc being so close and yet so very far away.

Nah. You see, the guy who has the confidential disc is patrick from the secret box episode. He won't let spongebob (sophiabob) look inside the box. Sophiabob doesn't appreciate the disc being so close and yet so very far away.

When in reality it's just an embarrassing photo of sophiabob from that Christmas party.

Sophia

I agree it was out of context, but it's fairly obvious that everyone in this thread including you and I are on edge. Let it go.

I'm not really on edge (on the contrary, I'm playing FFXIV rather casually), I just didn't appreciate the joke as I have no reference for the source material, and thus cannot even identify it as a joke. :p

DNAbro

I keep refreshing hoping stuff will pop up lol

Going to start watching Steven Universe and after each episode I'm going to refresh.

I'm playing Splatoon so I don't mind a Spongebob joke or two, it'll just add to the ones I see on there.

So. Many.

you_like_splatoon__don_t_you_squidward__by_king_stodge-d8vzju6.jpg

Jachaos

Lets all just calm down. The wait shouldn't be much longer.

The real tragedy is there will be no telltale sign we're about to witness something - the old lady will not be there to reward our patience with further trolling. At this point Atlus are leaving the trolling up to the fanbase which, frankly, can't touch Atlus on that front.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom