• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT8| Coming Winter 2014

Sophia

I don't think the responses are actually shorter considering you can fit a ton of text with a few Japanese characters.

This is definitely going to be a problem in the English version though...

The dialogue boxes will almost certainly be extended in the English version. It's pretty par for the course for most games.

PK Gaming

The dialogue boxes will almost certainly be extended in the English version. It's pretty par for the course for most games.

Atlus localization has been around the block before.

I7ntFL7.png

I dunno... if they didn't bother to give us extra character spaces for names in PQ...

Granted, they'll probably do something in this instance cause it's the only way for the game to function, it seems.

Zolo

Apparently, the animated cutscenes take up about an hour of the game. I guess P4Golden took up about 20-30 minutes?

God bless digital :p
I'll get physical too but the localized version.

Just two weeks people!

Amazon Japan's shipping has been kind to me in the past when it comes to games and DVDs so I don't expect too much of a delay. But two weeks:

zdsU7xU.png

Apparently, the animated cutscenes take up about an hour of the game. I guess P4Golden took up about 20-30 minutes?

That and they were mostly short cutscenes, not too dialogue/exposition heavy aside from a few standout ones for the most part either like we've seen with P5 so far.

Acosta

Did you check out my Persona 2 starter pack?

The gameplay is exceptionally bad, so I don't blame you for feeling fatigued. On the other hand, you're at the point where the story starts to pick up, so maybe just bear with it for a little longer.

I'll try, thank you and everyone ;)

The combat is not hard (it´s actually super easy as you say), I have a skill named Thunder Baptism that is basically a "fuck you, leave me alone" skill, and sometimes out of boredom go for the contact option and it´s usually succesful. The fact that I can put in in auto and win 95% of the time is part of the boredom, but I have rested some weeks on it and I'm ready to go back to it.

i like negotiations but the "party member gets Down'd and taken hostage" mechanic seems needlessly punitive (particularly in a game where your can't change your ally's persona) and kind of pointless. i guess we'll have to wait three weeks to see how it actually works in practice instead of just a two sentence summary beneath a screenshot, but....

it's looking like persona 5, moreso than previous persona games and maybe even moreso than shin megami tensei 4, will focus on overwhelming the enemy before they get a chance to attack when you take into account the hostage taking and the stealth elements and even things like baton touch.

Lunar15

Yeah, I think it's going to be all about getting the first strike and then using baton-touch effectively. Getting hit first is not going to be optimal.

Also, we don't really know what other battle skills we might get through Co-Ops. There might be ways to negate your teammates from getting held up.

kboyrulez12345

Neo Member
Well, two weeks until the Japanese release. Almost time to not follow some Twitter accounts and deleting my history of Persona 5 Youtube videos.

This is gonna be the first time I'm spoiler dodging.

.JayZii

Banned
I'm strapped for cash at the moment, so I'll be waiting a while before picking up P5. Possibly even until February. Ah well, shine on you crazy diamonds!

Rutger

Banned
it's looking like persona 5, moreso than previous persona games and maybe even moreso than shin megami tensei 4, will focus on overwhelming the enemy before they get a chance to attack when you take into account the hostage taking and the stealth elements and even things like baton touch.

It seems strange to say that it will be more focused on overwhelming the enemy than P3 and P4 when that was always the main goal, but yeah the baton touch thing will let us get away with more.

I'm confident that it's not going to scratch any game with the Press Turn system in that area though. I don't know if P5 now allows us to stack buffs/debuffs or if they still have a turn limit, but even if those have changed, we're not going to be able to focus the MC in one attack stat and we can't change our allies skillsets.

Beautiful fan art.
That's pretty much how I Imagined Goro's thief outfit will look like.
I like how the mask actually covers most of his face.
I could actually buy that people wouldn't be able to recognize him instantly unlike with Anne and Ryuji.

Seeing that fan art makes me think his mask won't be anything like that. All the other masks just cover their eyes, not the rest of their face, and feel more abstract.

I think it was Dantis who said that it's more likely to be a crow like masquerade mask, something like this:

ef4aeb004840ad7a3d17a6ce7e693801.jpg

Seeing that fan art makes me think his mask won't be anything like that. All the other masks just cover their eyes, not the rest of their face, and feel more abstract.

I think it was Dantis who said that it's more likely to be a crow like masquerade mask, something like this:

ef4aeb004840ad7a3d17a6ce7e693801.jpg
The people who played the demo seemed pretty sure that it was a plague doctor mask though.

Since we're talking about fan art and the like, has anyone found a good 16:9 (or, even better, 21:9) picture that could be used a s a wallpaper? The only one that comes close is this one, even though I'm not to fond of the "rip" in the bottom part. I'll probably just be using this while waiting for the complete and coloured one.

Goro finally got added to the official website's character page. There's nothing to be gleaned with regards to his role as a party members/persona/whatever, however.

Also, (mechanics thing on the official website but I figure maybe some folks want total blackout so)
there are safe rooms in the dungeons where you can heal and save, and they can also be used as quick travel through the dungeon.

ChazGW7

Man, I want to play P4G so bad so I can get a feel for what P5 will be like when it is released. Plus it would make the wait for FFXV much easier. I don't own a Vita anymore unfortunately and don't really want to buy one just to play this.

Trying to justify dropping the cash for a Vita TV since they are cheaper.

Top Bottom