• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT8| Coming Winter 2014

PK Gaming

I'm so glad the P5 anime special is being streamed on Crunchyroll. Looks like they're serious about marketing this game to a broader audience.

pan-hime

CrW5PBoUkAEXKFy.jpg

Day Breakers DVD/BD coming December 7
and some event on July 30 next year.
I'm so glad the P5 anime special is being streamed on Crunchyroll. Looks like they're serious about marketing this game to a broader audience.

[.email=PSYCHE][/email]
you mot-

Is Daybreakers just, like, a single episode thing or is it a series or what

Edit: Ok, yeah, the official website makes it look like it's just a 55 minute one shot. Which is fine, because honestly I'd rather just have an original scenario that's fun instead of a mediocre adaptation of the game's story (like all Atlus anime)

Makio

Dont be surprised if that July event end up like the one of the P3 movies did in March selling merch and the VA talking shit ... but for the timeframe seems a good point to announce a real anime series / movies.

Or maybe too soon 10 months after release

Dont be surprised if that July event end up like the one of the P3 movies did in March selling merch and the VA talking shit ... but for the timeframe seems a good point to announce a real anime series / movies.

Or maybe too soon 10 months after release

You mean like the P4GA one?
hrm

Mediking

Does Joker even need glasses like does he have poor eyesight? Or is he wearing glasses as a kind of symbol of glasses on = suppressed but glasses off = King of the Thieves?

Makio

Great PK fucking called it.

Never use Crunchy before but it works like other anime pages the episode got "stored" to watch many times i want later or i need to tune in in the same time it gets streamed if not i missed ....

its 4am for me .... *sigh*

Yeah, it's not a live stream, they'll just upload the video at that time for people to watch whenever.

They do require a premium subscription for things less than 7 days old, but guest passes are easy enough to come by if you ask around.

Although checking now, I don't actually have any to give out.

Makio

So if started the premium trial today i can watch it today or got to wait ....

(Meh i gonna end up watching in jkanime or something in saturday afternoon lol)

Makio

I'm actually kinda worried that this is going to be bad.

I don't have a lot of confidence in it.

The only got me off right now is that ugly ass animation from A1 compare to the one we got in game
About the story and such i dont expect nothing tbh only hope i dont end up dont like a character for some reason

Lusankya

PERSONA5 the Animation -THE DAY BREAKERS- will be available to Crunchyroll members in North America, Central America, South America, Australia, New Zealand, United Kingdom, and Ireland.

Does that mean it's only availabe with English subtitles or will they block my German IP from watching it?

Edit: Oh, just checked the page it's not available in my region. Fucking assholes.

Nachos

Watched the Daybreakers Japanese broadcast. These aren't story spoilers, but if anyone doesn't want their impressions colored before watching, don't click.

The thing's about Trinity Soul-tier, I'd say. Neither the animation nor the action are that great. Barely know any Japanese, so I can't speak to the writing, but the story didn't seem especially great, either. Despite the story being an OVA-original, the scene pacing just felt really uneven and rushed. Without going into too much, the battle also felt turn-based, because there were basically any parts where the characters were working together. Overall it just feels like a big teaser for Mementos and the characters' personalities, not even the story at large.

(Ending spoiler, but it has no bearing on the rest of the OVA's story)
The OVA also ends with Joker in the velvet room and Igor asking for his name. You're going to have to wait until the manga to get anything remotely official on that front.

At the very least, though, it doesn't seem to spoil the game's story, unless you haven't watched any official media from the fourth trailer on.

Watched the Daybreakers Japanese broadcast. These aren't story spoilers, but if anyone doesn't want their impressions colored before watching, don't click.

The thing's about Trinity Soul-tier, I'd say. Neither the animation nor the action are that great. Barely know any Japanese, so I can't speak to the writing, but the story didn't seem especially great, either. Despite the story being an OVA-original, the scene pacing just felt really uneven and rushed. Without going into too much, the battle also felt turn-based, because there were basically any parts where the characters were working together. Overall it just feels like a big teaser for Mementos and the characters' personalities, not even the story at large.

(Ending spoiler, but it has no bearing on the rest of the OVA's story)
The OVA also ends with Joker in the velvet room and Igor asking for his name. You're going to have to wait until the manga to get anything remotely official on that front.

At the very least, though, it doesn't seem to spoil the game's story, unless you haven't watched any official media from the fourth trailer on.

It seemed like a fairly basic introduction to the premise of the game, the stealing people's hearts and reforming the rotten adults, with a few extra teasers (Goro, Igor). Need to watch subbed, but it seemed fairly straightforward.

Wasn't really impressed with the art/animation either, especially when you compare to the game, which might be slightly unfair, but still.

Top Bottom