• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT8| Coming Winter 2014

But that post doesn't mention that FES is better than portable.

I put a line in my quote saying i prefer FES, though. And i can't have a bias and tell people what's "better" if both have features cut from eachother, AND i'm making an informational post ;_;

I personally prefer FES for a first playthrough because some of the events do not translate well from the 3D overworld to the visual novel format, but you'll essentially get the same experience either way you choose

PK Gaming

Check it

After rewatching P3's awakening scene, I noticed something. When Thanatos tears apart Orpheus from the inside, you briefly see a shot of his decapitated head.

LtGTR4e.png

It's a nice touch

Hopefully the second part of the rumours will somewhat be real, somehow.

Maybe if we believe hard enough, the things we want will become real.

Hm, that's interesting. If that turned out to exist, it'd probably be the Sega home console game announcement for TGS they talked about before.

PS4 Valkyria Chronicles needs to be real.

I'm even more hype for TGS than I was before now - dear god, I cannot wait.

Max ambrosia run grinding is true hell. The grinding in the arcade wasn't so bad. It was really fun playing slots tho. It feels so good when you get this(If you ever). I did all the reccomended prerequisites, but its still super hard. I still need to finish that run.

I hope Persona 5 would have some dumb fun minigames.

Edit: Also #InHardinWeTrust

Setsu00

I'm too stupid for P1's Code Breaker.

Check it

After rewatching P3's awakening scene, I noticed something. When Thanatos tears apart Orpheus from the inside, you briefly see a shot of his decapitated head.

LtGTR4e.png

It's a nice touch

(Spoilers for The End of Evangelion)
It's just like that one scene from Evangelion where Misato blows up and they actually bothered to draw her severed torso. That's actually really fitting as there are a lot of similiarities between the basic plot structure for Evangelion and P3.

i feel like Persona 5 is going to play quite a big part in it considering it is probably Sony's biggest game in Japan this year. Imagine if they unveil a Persona 5 limited edition console.

On one hand I could imagine a P5 themed PS4 turning out pretty bad, considering how most of the other limited edition PS4's look. But it could also draw its design from P5's menu/UI, maybe with some Soejima art of the protagonist, and then I would have to import one.

FluxWaveZ

On one hand I could imagine a P5 themed PS4 turning out pretty bad, considering how most of the other limited edition PS4's look. But it could also draw its design from P5's menu/UI, maybe with some Soejima art of the protagonist, and then I would have to import one.

It'd probably go for around $800 USD, though.

So I've reached December in vanilla P4, and I'm guessing this is where I decide my fate.

Somehow I've made it this far without getting spoiled; I consider this nothing short of a miracle.

So um, I'm assuming there's gonna be a bunch of questions to decide the ending I'll get. My question is what is my objective now? Should I just go watch the other endings first before I finish this game that's been a part of my life for the past month? @__@

So I've reached December in vanilla P4, and I'm guessing this is where I decide my fate.

Somehow I've made it this far without getting spoiled; I consider this nothing short of a miracle.

So um, I'm assuming there's gonna be a bunch of questions to decide the ending I'll get. My question is what is my objective now? Should I just go watch the other endings first before I finish this game that's been a part of my life for the past month? @__@

There's only one true ending, all the others are more abrupt, shorter versions, so no reason to youtube anything. Golden added an extra ending which you might want to youtube, but don't do that until you've completed the game.

In order to avoid the first bad ending, on the 3rd (slightly spoilerish advice)
you will be given a series of choices when confronting Namatame. You need to calm everyone down whilst suggesting that something is missing. A few days later, you need to select the correct killer when given the choice

FluxWaveZ

you will be given a series of choices when confronting [...]

Eh, too vague. This is what I wanted to do during my first P4 playthrough, and one of the wrong answers was too ambiguous with another, which gave me a worse ending.

There used to be a really cool spoiler-free guide someone made, but it's gone now. There's another here on GameFAQs, but it has the identity of the killer in it.

Dialogue choices for December 3:
1. Any Option
2. Wait a second here...
3. We're missing something.
4. Namatame's true feelings.
5. Something's bothering me.
6. We're missing something...
7. Calm the hell down!

and one of the wrong answers was too ambiguous with another, which gave me a worse ending.

This is my biggest gripe with P4. I was REALLY pissed off that i got a bad ending because i chose an option that was extremely similar to the right answer.

Even my friends were saying i should find a spoiler-free guide on what options to pick after i got the bad ending despite
being the "good" guy

CorvoSol

It's just like that one scene from Evangelion where Misato blows up and they actually bothered to draw her severed torso. That's actually really fitting as there are a lot of similiarities between the basic plot structure for Evangelion and P3.

TUMBLING DOWN
TUMBLING DOWN
TUMBLING DOWN

After a bit over 10 hours, I still hate the condition crap we get on P3 Fes. That said, I figured out a way to live with it... Actually I just forget it exists. :/

You're tired? Keep fighting anyway.
Your party wants to bail on you? Suck it up Takeba and keep fighting. I don`t see Akihiko asking for a break.
Worst case scenario somebody gets sick. It's not like I'm going to Tartarus everyday. I usually go once a week. By the time I go back there they have usually recovered.

Problems now have moved to getting more money (struggling here a lot) and doing Elizabeth's requests (I know I don't get much out of this, but I think It's fun).

Xenoflare

I still chuckle from time to time when Eva is brought up. Ken share Shinji's voice actress in Japanese.

I cannot dissociate the two after hearing them talk.

PK Gaming

Yeah there are a bunch of EVA parallels in Persona 3. Thanatos's awakening and the way it destroys the Magician Shadow is very, very reminiscent of Unit 01's awakening (complete with roaring, panting and the way it holds the remains of the shadow...)

There's only one true ending, all the others are more abrupt, shorter versions, so no reason to youtube anything. Golden added an extra ending which you might want to youtube, but don't do that until you've completed the game.

you will be given a series of choices when...

Eh, too vague. This is what I wanted to do during my first P4 playthrough, and one of the wrong answers was too ambiguous with another, which gave me a worse ending.

There used to be a really cool spoiler-free guide someone made, but it's gone now. There's another here on GameFAQs, but it has the identity of the killer in it.

Dialogue choices for December 3:
Thanks for providing me help in a non-spoiler fashion guys. I understand it's probably kinda silly to worry about spoilers for a years-old game, but I appreciate the tags.

Now to go through this emotional roller coaster of a month and reach out to the truth!

FluxWaveZ

Think any of the Persona 4 spin-offs will get their own anime adaptations? There was a period of time before the Datsu Nugu stream where I and others were confident that a P4A one would happen since it seemed they were moving in that direction, before P4tGA was announced to everyone's surprise.

Perhaps I could see one happening for P4A and P4AU as a promotional tool if there was ever a third game. I wonder if there were any particular motivations behind P3M like that—motivated by Persona Q and P4AU or something—as an adaptation 7 years after P3's release.

cj_iwakura

Think any of the Persona 4 spin-offs will get their own anime adaptations? There was a period of time before the Datsu Nugu stream where I and others were confident that a P4A one would happen since it seemed they were moving in that direction, before P4tGA was announced to everyone's surprise.

God, I hope not. P4A, maybe, and thankfully it could be done in 13 episodes, but not DAN. No no no.

Sophia

Thanks for providing me help in a non-spoiler fashion guys. I understand it's probably kinda silly to worry about spoilers for a years-old game, but I appreciate the tags.

Now to go through this emotional roller coaster of a month and reach out to the truth!

Nothing silly about it. It's kind of the rules for this thread, after all. :p

Perhaps I could see one happening for P4A and P4AU as a promotional tool if there was ever a third game. I wonder if there were any particular motivations behind P3M like that—motivated by Persona Q and P4AU or something—as an adaptation 7 years after P3's release.

Honestly, part of me wants a Persona Q TV series, and an Arena/Ultimax OVA. Dunno if it'd be worth adopting Dancing All Night tho...

Look at the battles in the P4 anime and P3 movies. I couldn't imagine P4A or P4AU as anything more than an OVA. And before that: what would the filler be, how and when would the beach episode take place, how many chances would the protagonist have to stumble face first into the female cast members? These are important things that must to be considered.

Just give me Labrys' story in P4A in a movie format. This is all i want. Possibly even go into P4AU. I just want more Labrys

Honestly, part of me wants a Persona Q TV series, and an Arena/Ultimax OVA. Dunno if it'd be worth adopting Dancing All Night tho...

Persona Q slice-of-life TV show. I'm in.

CorvoSol

After a bit over 10 hours, I still hate the condition crap we get on P3 Fes. That said, I figured out a way to live with it... Actually I just forget it exists. :/

You're tired? Keep fighting anyway.
Your party wants to bail on you? Suck it up Takeba and keep fighting. I don`t see Akihiko asking for a break.
Worst case scenario somebody gets sick. It's not like I'm going to Tartarus everyday. I usually go once a week. By the time I go back there they have usually recovered.

Problems now have moved to getting more money (struggling here a lot) and doing Elizabeth's requests (I know I don't get much out of this, but I think It's fun).

Based Portable has no consequences, so when that whiny excuse for a marksman, Yukari Takeba, starts complaining about being tired after spending 20 hours inside the tower biffing her shots, you can kick her in the shin and march her up a nother 30 stories.

Do different party members tire at a different rate, or do you guys just like throwing Yukari under the bus?

My FES playthrough had people getting tuckered-out at pretty much the same rate iirc.

CorvoSol

Do different party members tire at a different rate, or do you guys just like throwing Yukari under the bus?

My FES playthrough had people getting tuckered-out at pretty much the same rate iirc.

Yukari gets tired from never hitting anything.

Yukari's aim is so bad she has to literally hail Mary every time she crits.

Isn't she supposed to be an archery club star?

Setsu00

A P4A anime (possibly based on the manga version) with a decent budget that fixes some of the shortcomings of the original game would probably quite entertaining.

It's even funnier because she always says "Please hit!" when she attacks.

Don't worry, the game will start throwing money at you later.

Oh god I hope so. I like to fuse everything... and I really mean everything!
So I just got back from tartarus and I planned to fuse Oberon, Principality and Rakshasa but I can't because I would have enough money to buy back some of the personas I need to advance my links. :/
I liked how I never seemed to run out of money on P4G and finished my NG with like 90% of the compendium done.

Based Portable has no consequences, so when that whiny excuse for a marksman, Yukari Takeba, starts complaining about being tired after spending 20 hours inside the tower biffing her shots, you can kick her in the shin and march her up a nother 30 stories.

When you say it like that it almost sounds cruel... almost.

It's even funnier because she always says "Please hit!" when she attacks.

That's the best part! What you mean "please hit"? You're the one aiming the thing!

Is it actually said anywhere in P3 that she's any good at archery? I know she's a member of the club, but for all we know, she could just be a shit tier member who turns up for practice but never gets picked for competitions.

Meia

Oh god I hope so. I like to fuse everything... and I really mean everything!
So I just got back from tartarus and I planned to fuse Oberon, Principality and Rakshasa but I can't because I would have enough money to buy back some of the personas I need to advance my links. :/
I liked how I never seemed to run out of money on P4G and finished my NG with like 90% of the compendium done.

Honestly, when it comes to Persona 3, get good at dodging shadows in Tartarus. You really don't need to fight anything at all really as you climb the tower, and if you just make runs where you collect briefcases, it wouldn't take too long to get 100k even in your first trip into Tartarus(real trip) since most chests have between 500-3000 yen.

Sophia

Is it actually said anywhere in P3 that she's any good at archery? I know she's a member of the club, but for all we know, she could just be a shit tier member who turns up for practice but never gets picked for competitions.

No mention of her specific skill level in Persona 3 (and I just re-checked the entire script, social links included, to be sure) but they do say in Ultimax that her archery practice from high school is what landed her specifically the role of Feather Pink.

You do realize the effort when using a projectile weapon is firing it, regardless of whether the projectile hits something or not, right?

Honestly, when it comes to Persona 3, get good at dodging shadows in Tartarus. You really don't need to fight anything at all really as you climb the tower, and if you just make runs where you collect briefcases, it wouldn't take too long to get 100k even in your first trip into Tartarus(real trip) since most chests have between 500-3000 yen.
Can you actually avoid those shadows that are basically on top of the briefcases? Those ones always get me.

No mention of her specific skill level in Persona 3 (and I just re-checked the entire script, social links included, to be sure) but they do say in Ultimax that her archery practice from high school is what landed her specifically the role of Feather Pink.
How does one even do that?! lol

You do realize the effort when using a projectile weapon is firing it, regardless of whether the projectile hits something or not, right?
I'm sure that was just a joke cause she misses a lot.

Anyway, no P3FES later today.
I just rescued Fuuka this morning. Compared to the boss fights in Tartarus, the fights during Full Moon have been a breeze so far. Fighting Rampage Drive before the Elizabeth deadline is still the toughest fight I've encountered in the game so far.

Seeing all the changes in Destiny 2.0 update is gonna make my night awesome!

Meia

Can you actually avoid those shadows that are basically on top of the briefcases? Those ones always get me.

I usually wait until they're all the way against the wall and stop, you usually can just barely get the mark to appear to pick up the case that way. More of a learning thing, and once you know how to do it it's easy enough to. Avoiding shadows is good practice anyway if you want to reach barriers and stuff in a night.

For P5, would anyone like to see a return of 'hidden' endings that you probably wouldn't even know exist without a guide?

I'm curious to know how many people got the bad ending of P4 and shelved the game, thinking that was it.

DNAbro

For P5, would anyone like to see a return of 'hidden' endings that you probably wouldn't even know exist without a guide?

I'm curious to know how many people got the bad ending of P4 and shelved the game, thinking that was it.

multiple endings would be cool, a secret ending that has oddly specific requirements sounds annoying.

Weiss

Banned

P4's Bad Ending is pretty obviously telegraphed as the wrong choice, but I'd say that
if you were unaware of the final dungeon the Normal ending would come off as final enough.

Top Bottom