• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT8| Coming Winter 2014

So basically, we just need to wait another week for any info?
Aww yeah! One week!

qSQViPK.jpg
MGU92Wm.jpg

No, no, your reasoning's out of focus.

Alright, if we exclude all of the countdowns and extra events (e.g. radio show and live PSC), there is a minimum of 3 hours for main stage Persona events. If we take 1 hour off for a mini-concert, that leaves us with 2. If we take 1 hour off for the guests just talking with nothing else going on, that leaves us with 1 more.

There will be no "new" trailers at the Sega booth for Persona 5, and it won't be playable, either. With that in mind, do we really think they'll be devoting 1 full hour to showing off Persona 5? If nothing of Persona 5 is shown before September 17th, then what will they be doing for the 1 hour of their main broadcast on that day, especially when it was preceded by a 1 hour countdown? They're not doing usual PSC stuff so that's not a possibility; they've intentionally relegated that to its own special live event for the show on September 19th.

Oh, you're talking about the 21:00 slot on the 17th?

In which case, no, that's wrong

(ok, not entirely, but I do have a few counterpoints.)

Firstly, the segment doesn't have to last an hour. If you remember the last streams, very few events ran for the full time until the next one. It could last anything from 5 minutes to 55 minutes.

Secondly, you underestimate the ability of Japanese streamers to fill time with nothing of interest.

Thirdly, they do have things to talk about: the "hunt for the phantom thieves" event, the schedule for the rest of the stream, and TGS stuff in general.

Admittedly, the main difference between this stream and the other two is that we have the human hosts from almost the start, rather than just Teddie, so it might run in a slightly different format. In addition, they're actually being upfront about Persona 5 for once. Still, I think that segment will be mostly filler, as per usual for these sorts of events.

FluxWaveZ

Interesting points, but I have to kinda object to this one:

Firstly, the segment doesn't have to last an hour. If you remember the last streams, very few events ran for the full time until the next one. It could last anything from 5 minutes to 55 minutes.

Like you state, this isn't solely a live stream with pre-recorded footage like News Flash! was at the start, but it's also happening live. There is no way they do a 1 hour countdown to the segment of the two hosts only to end it 10 minutes later... well, unless Atlus is doing the thing that they do again.

Because the segment is called the "main program," I have to think that it's not a misnomer and that it actually will fill out the time until Lotus Juice's radio show.

And...
Secondly, you underestimate the ability of Japanese streamers to fill time with nothing of interest.

Thirdly, they do have things to talk about: the "hunt for the phantom thieves" event, the schedule for the rest of the stream, and TGS stuff in general.
...this isn't even to mention September 18th, which is a giant question mark right now, yet has still been confirmed to feature a variety of Persona related content. It's different when a stream doesn't involve people, so they can throw endless video loops at us, but now that actual hosts are there for shows, they won't just be discussing the same things you mention in point 3 for September 17th and September 18th.

arue

No, no, your reasoning's out of focus.

Alright, if we exclude all of the countdowns and extra events (e.g. radio show and live PSC), there is a minimum of 3 hours for main stage Persona events. If we take 1 hour off for a mini-concert, that leaves us with 2. If we take 1 hour off for the guests just talking with nothing else going on, that leaves us with 1 more.

There will be no "new" trailers at the Sega booth for Persona 5, and it won't be playable, either. With that in mind, do we really think they'll be devoting 1 full hour to showing off Persona 5? If nothing of Persona 5 is shown before September 17th, then what will they be doing for the 1 hour of their main broadcast on that day, especially when it was preceded by a 1 hour countdown? They're not doing usual PSC stuff so that's not a possibility; they've intentionally relegated that to its own special live event for the show on September 19th.
They might show a new Persona 5 trailer and just analyze it like they did last year... Unless that's already included in the PSC timeslot.

I think the 18th will be the standard Teddie hosted filler stuff: top characters, random clips from the games, bad poetry, stuff like that. Maybe with something big to close the day though. Too early for a Falling Down abridged thing?

also: there's no mention of the 21:00 segment being live. In fact, since the 10:00 segment on the 19th is actually stated to be from TGS, I think it's a safe bet that the 21:00 one therefore won't be, and will be prerecorded like regular stalker club stuff, or at least from a studio.

FluxWaveZ

I think the 18th will be the standard Teddie hosted filler stuff: top characters, random clips from the games, bad poetry, stuff like that.

I'll give you this one; that would fit the "variety of Persona content" description. I think it would be a bit weird, though, seeing how that segment will be succeeded by a 4 hour live countdown from TGS, which sounds like it would amount to the same thing.

also: there's no mention of the 21:00 segment being live. In fact, since the 10:00 segment on the 19th is actually stated to be from TGS, I think it's a safe bet that the 21:00 one therefore won't be, and will be prerecorded like regular stalker club stuff, or at least from a studio.

I did consider this for the previous reply. That's also a good point, but there's also the part where it still involves people and not Teddie or something. It's definitely not a regular PSC thing; I absolutely believe they're keeping that for the final Persona focused segment on the 19th.

Talking about the retailer campaign and about the upcoming TGS schedule, huh... That's definitely possible.

I think stuff like this will fill out quite a bit of the schedule. The tweet that showed the new P5 poster was pulled pretty quickly, and combined with the fact that it promised more information next week, makes me think that stuff like the "hunt for the phantom" won't really be isolated events. Kinda like the multiple cities back in 2013, I'm guessing they'll have a couple different little promotional events for P5 based on a "thieves on the run" kind of idea. And then to fill out the countdown, they could just cut to "reporters in the field" to see what the Phantom has gotten up to.

FluxWaveZ

I wonder if it's likely that PV02 will just be part of one of the countdown segments, and end up being played more than once alongside the previous Persona 5 trailers. That sounds like something that could happen, thinking back to the previous Persona streams they had.

And yeah, the Persona 5 campaign and how it relates to that specific time frame is the main thing I'm thinking about. A scripted event which the live stream segments will interact with? Hm.

The hunt could be fun to follow. If it's a more expanded version of what they did at Super Live.

Wonder if they've stolen a feature from Famitsu again, or if it's something bigger. Maybe they steal the trailer from Sony's show, which is why P5 won't be there :p

That would be a great fake out. Trailer about to start then the Phantom and his crew steal it.

I wonder if it's likely that PV02 will just be part of one of the countdown segments, and end up being played more than once alongside the previous Persona 5 trailers. That sounds like something that could happen, thinking back to the previous Persona streams they had.

I was thinking that they might do that too. Seems like the kind of thing that would happen.

Zolo

Ugh. My ps3 harddrive just screwed up. I tried every way possible to save my saved games, but I wasn't able to. Guess there goes any plans for doing a Persona 3 FES and Raidou new game+ game.

daevious

So what im getting from all this is that EVERYTHING IS GOING TO EXPLODE.....on those dates....maybe.....or not?

Im confused....

It's more like everything can potentially explode on those dates, which is more than we've ever gotten since PV#02.

What I'm most interested in is that Hunt for the Phantom Thieves promotion that's going to happen. I kinda want to know more about what that entails than a new trailer.

You know, I really thought I beat Persona 4, until I discovered (endgame spoilers)
there's still more beyond Adachi and Amano-sagiri.
I wish SP restoring items were more common, I could use just one more soma. >.<;;;

Well, hopefully it shouldn't be too difficult. Has anyone ever really struggled with managing SP throughout P4's story?

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
You know, I really thought I beat Persona 4, until I discovered (endgame spoilers)
I wish SP restoring items were more common, I could use just one more soma. >.<;;;

Well, hopefully it shouldn't be too difficult. Has anyone ever really struggled with managing SP throughout P4's story?
Only in dungeouns. Only ever used soma for boss fights since yukiko heals like no one can. And only needed to use it once because Godhand baby.

Even without
maxing out the Hermit s-link, the fox was good enough for me.
Not to mention *P4 endgame spoilers, no plot*
you can sell materials to make some yens without having to go back on the last day

Setsu00

I find it weird that PSC has enough of a following to merchandise. It seems... kinda awful...

The show is really, really weird, but sometimes it can be quite funny. The ghost stories from the last episode made me giggle more than I would like to admit, but it doesn't really make sense to watch the show if you don't know Japanese.

FluxWaveZ

I find it weird that PSC has enough of a following to merchandise. It seems... kinda awful...

It sucks that their marketing stuff (or at least PSC) isn't as smart as their actual games.

How can you guys even be saying this if I presume you don't understand what they're actually saying...?

Yes, it is very popular with the Japanese audience and each episode gets multiple hundreds of thousands of views on Niconico.

Zolo

Not Japanese or fluent, so I don't know how accurate Morgana is written out and whether it's female or gender neutral. The voice is also hard to tell since it'd be naturally high due to being a cartoony character.

Setsu00

Not Japanese or fluent, so I don't know how accurate Morgana is written out and whether it's female or gender neutral. The voice is also hard to tell since it'd be naturally high due to being a cartoony character.

Morgana is written &#12514;&#12523;&#12460;&#12490; (mo-ru-ga-na). The name isn't Japanese and as far as I know exclusively female.

It's a pretty common name for female enchantress-like characters. So yeah, it's likely that Morgana is a female cat. ... I guess.

I'm sure she'll get a human form like Teddie.

Nachos

Now that I think about it, I wonder if fata morganas will factor into the story at all. They're basically a type of mirage that makes it look like there's a huge landmass floating in the sky that got their namesake from sailors thinking that the illusion was caused by Morgana trying to lure them to their deaths.

I'm sure she'll get a human form like Teddie.
The less waifu bait the better.

Lunar15

Voice actor for Morgana was the voice actor for Chopper in one piece and pikachu, so it could go either way, gender-wise. I'm leaning female.

Well, they might do that with the cut down versions at least, would be neat if we got Falling Down abridged too.

We'll certainly be getting another trailer marathon for all the recent games. They seem to like doing those.

Voice actor for Morgana was the voice actor for Chopper in one piece and pikachu, so it could go either way, gender-wise. I'm leaning female.

Did we ever get this confirmed or is this another case of "X has a distinctive voice so it's probably them" like with Phantom?

Sophia

Jun Fukuyama has a very distinct voice, so it's easy to call. But I'd be hesitant in saying Morgana's VA is Ikue Otani just yet.... hmm...

Top Bottom