• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT8| Coming Winter 2014

I'm up for another trolling rollercoaster but I'm not sure I should even watch. At this point, it might be best to go on a blackout. I even turned off avatars after people were able to see PV02

We're talking about ATLUS. The company that has asked people not to spoil their games, even with Ultimax.

I don't think you should be too worried about what we see in their pre-release promotions.

r84Vdi9.png

Tempting, and actually fits my current avatar theme pretty well

And watching the streams is part of the fun. Only the last hour will be substantial anyway, so just skip that part if you want to avoid any spoilers.

Wonder if there's any reason for the P4D artbook releasing on the final day of the stream, especially considering how many times the date for it seems to have been changed.

Here's the up-to-date list including people outside PGaf.

I said the avatar bet would last a month but I guess we never all agreed on that.

#InHardinWeTrust

Dantis
Olengie
PK Gaming
Weiss
NichM
BRSxIgnition
QuadOpto
KenjiGlove
yuuki
Setsu00
ColossalLazy
TheMrPliskin
Zareka
Tamanon
Vox Chaotica
Ludger Kresnik
Kozmos
artsi
sakuori
StarSketch
Makio
MorningStar
_Ryo_
Zyrox
Dreamcast
MSMrRound
AtlusPrime
DNAbro
Sophia
Gooch: the Destroyer
Ultimate_Trainer
mrjohill
RocBase
SephLuis
yami4ct
QuiteWhittle
Psycho Mantis
Jigorath
MrFrankFontaine
Maxios
tintin1029
Ray Down
silver.tongue
Bousf
Lunar15
kayos90
Zolo
GloriousBagel
105.Will
Primethius
Cannon_Fodder
sector4
Jotamide
Son of Sparda
silva1991
Martylepiaf
Cotton Wolf
Darksol

#TeamRuin

CorvoSol
properpropaganda
MudoSkills
DryEyeRelief
Yomidi
orthodoxy1095
Swedesu
Dedication Through Light
Acquiescence
Dragonslayer_023
Tinfoilhatsron
The Last Wizard

I'm on team #InHardinWeTrust

We're talking about ATLUS. The company that has asked people not to spoil their games, even with Ultimax.

I don't think you should be too worried about what we see in their pre-release promotions.

I don't think they're going to spoil their story, but I rather go in as blind as possible.

FluxWaveZ

Wonder if there's any reason for the P4D artbook releasing on the final day of the stream, especially considering how many times the date for it seems to have been changed.

Yeah, I guess that's something to consider. The release date went:

1. Late August
2. September 11
3. August 31
4. September 30
5. September 19

Kinda weird, and then it ended up being announced for the day of the Persona Special Stage.

Edit: There were a lot of P4D tracks during the PLT 2015 concerts, so it would work out if they play a bunch of those tracks during the TGS stage show.

Setsu00

You can see one in Hardin's (AtlusPrime)'s Avatar.

I always wondered what his avatar was, so thank you for filling me in. I would've never noticed that otherwise.

Ah, ok. That's understandable then. If you were american and didn't know what a choco taco was, I was going to be very concerned.

This is a choco taco:

It's a frozen ice cream dessert.

Thank you! This looks both a lot worse and much better than I imagined it.

Nimby

Banned
I've sort of fallen off Persona news, but has there been any confirmation that Atlus is having their own separate panel at TGS, or is the Persona concert all there is?

Also, I made an avatar template for the wanted poster if anyone with Photoshop wants to use it. Just scale the image down by a factor of 5, and it'll be the proper avatar size.

Yeah, there's bokeh during the scenes where the supernatural happens, but I don't know if that's a metaphorical effect or if that's just Atlus trying for some stylized cinematography. It doesn't just happen at the edges - it's also happening everywhere outside the depth of field the second image, making me think that they can't use the effect as much outside of pre-rendered cutscenes.

"V has come to."

That's fucking awesome, will use when I get done washing clothes.

atlusprime

Atlus PR
I always wondered what his avatar was, so thank you for filling me in. I would've never noticed that otherwise.

Thank you! This looks both a lot worse and much better than I imagined it.

They took the lord's most perfect creation, a taco, and made it more perfecter by turning it into ice cream.

...which is probably why all my avatars had choco tacos added to some kind of religious element in them.

FluxWaveZ

There's been a lot going on so I didn't consider it before, but:

1. The SCEJA Press Conference 2015 happens on September 15th.
2. The “Hunt for the Phantom Thieves!” promotion starts on September 17th.
3. The "Atlus Presents Persona Special Stage" event isn't until September 19th and the promotion ends on that date.

Think about it.

3. The "Atlus Presents Persona Special Stage" event isn't until September 19th and the promotion ends on that date.

Think about it.

The Persona Team literally can't even?

Nachos

Can always count on you to be on top of these things. Thanks, Flux.
Guess I better start getting prepared for Atlus to repeat the P5 media cycle with Etrian V.

Think about it.
"P5 was in your hearts all along. That's the truth behind the tagline."

Sophia

I said the avatar bet would last a month but I guess we never all agreed on that.

Some of us never agreed to an avatar bet to begin with ;p

You should probably mark down who has and hasn't with a link to the post if they have. >.>

arue

Think about it.
Of course the main thing is going to be revealed at the end. Nothing at SCEJA Press Conference I guess.

I still hope for something at the conference though.

DNAbro

Think about it.

Illuminati confirmed.

Persona 5 will most likely be on Sony's stage. more info through the persona special stage

FluxWaveZ

No, no, your reasoning's out of focus.

Alright, if we exclude all of the countdowns and extra events (e.g. radio show and live PSC), there is a minimum of 3 hours for main stage Persona events. If we take 1 hour off for a mini-concert, that leaves us with 2. If we take 1 hour off for the guests just talking with nothing else going on, that leaves us with 1 more.

There will be no "new" trailers at the Sega booth for Persona 5, and it won't be playable, either. With that in mind, do we really think they'll be devoting 1 full hour to showing off Persona 5? If nothing of Persona 5 is shown before September 17th, then what will they be doing for the 1 hour of their main broadcast on that day, especially when it was preceded by a 1 hour countdown? They're not doing usual PSC stuff so that's not a possibility; they've intentionally relegated that to its own special live event for the show on September 19th.

Top Bottom