• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT8| Coming Winter 2014

Zolo

As far as small confirmations go, I like that we now know we can talk to Morgana in cat form as well as the fact that Anne's name is in fact, Anne.
Right to the latter?

bigkrev

Alright, I went to the spot on the map.... and found nothing!

Here was the spot on the Map (it's the one in New Jersesy)

And here is where I went

It's a residential apartment area in a fairly wooded/remote area, and I walked around all of the buildings looking for something and could not find anything, and obviously did not start knocking on doors.

Granted, it was almost 9PM when I was looking, but I would have been shocked to find anything when I pulled into the area

May just be me obsessing but there's been a lot of screen tearing in some of the P5 footage. I hope that's ironed out by release time or I might have to finally get a PS4 and go with that version. That stuff bugs me too much.

I just saw the trailer (been busy all day) and some initial thoughts.

Oh my good it looks so beautiful. This is next gen Persona I'm dying.
The phone seems cool.
Oh my god the map
OH MY GOD THE ENVIRONMENT
OH MY GOD THE PERSONA DESIGN
OH MY GOD THE MUSIC
Oh we finally get to see white suit guy and his persona? Thank god I thought the party would be just the 4 and that would suck.

Uh. Yeah. This was awesome.

However.

FUCK that means we won't get the game until October NEXT YEAR. Ugh.

Alright, I think I've blown enough steam from this morning that it's safe posting again, and I'll (begrudgingly) accept the delay. It'll give me more time to put together a Phantom cosplay to compliment my Glasses-kun cosplay - I already have the mask, so I just need to throw the outfit together.

I know we're trusting them a bit less since they delayed it to Summer 2016, but haven't they always stated that JPN and US copies of the game will release simultaneously?

I know we're trusting them a bit less since they delayed it to Summer 2016, but haven't they always stated that JPN and US copies of the game will release simultaneously?
Don't think so, the only post I remember that compares the two releases is this tweet, which says following.

Anyways, I'd doubt America would get a summer release. It's a pretty unpopular quarter for releasing games.

sakuori

Was contemplating whether to use Sho or Marie.
Marie it is.

If anyone wants Sho
???
, here you go.
8g08Pr6.png

.JayZii

Banned
.... Huh.

Well, I guess I must be going insane then - could'a sworn I saw it in an interview or something.
That's the root of half of the vitriol toward video games with long development cycles. Before you know it, you've become part of the FFXV fandom.

Sure would be nice if it was simultaneous, though. I may be importing depending on the delay.

FluxWaveZ

I'm excited for Tanuki guy's. Do we even know his name yet?

If you mean "character panels" for the campaign as in character specific pages, he's not part of it. Only the OG4 are: http://persona5.jp/tgs2015/

We're only going to get the character profiles on time if the Japanese fans fulfill the requirements for the thief hunting campaign, and it's looking like they might not even pass the requirement for Ryuji's before the 3 hour time limit is up again, pushing it back once more. If they do, it'll be close.

Sophia

I'm really excited for Anne's, honestly. I know like three JP VAs and Nana Mizuki is one of them, haha.

Seriously, Persona 5 has an all-star cast. It's almost as huge (maybe more so) than Persona 3. You just don't pull big names like Jun Fukuyama, Nana Mizuki, Joji Nakata, and Mamoru Miyano out of nowhere.

Squire

Banned
Seriously, Persona 5 has an all-star cast. It's almost as huge (maybe more so) than Persona 3. You just don't pull big names like Jun Fukuyama, Nana Mizuki, Joji Nakata, and Mamoru Miyano out of nowhere.

It'd be pretty cool if Nana was the singer as well. She's good.

Sophia

It'd be pretty cool if Nana was the singer as well. She's good.

Don't think so. She's a fantastic singer, but her voice is better suited to pop/rock than jazz. Whoever the singer is will probably have a lower vocal range.

Now if you'll excuse me, I must listen to the Valvrave opening again because you mentioned her singing. TO YOUTUBE!!!!

Olengie

Don't think so. She's a fantastic singer, but her voice is better suited to pop/rock than jazz. Whoever the singer is will probably have a lower vocal range.

Now if you'll excuse me, I must listen to the Valvrave opening again because you mentioned her singing. TO YOUTUBE!!!!

I like the Valvrave op too. As expected of my friend.

Soriku

http://www.siliconera.com/2015/09/1...essage-about-the-games-development-and-delay/

I so want to see teh character profiles. Hopefully they include 2D artwork by Soejima.

I missed this article. It's going to the most voluminous in terms of playtime? Well I spent ~80 hours on the Journey and ~20 on the Answer in P3. 100+++ hours confirmed? If the dungeons remain as varied as they look in the trailer throughout the game, plus if the story content is consistent, this is going to be the GOAT JRPG.

Kind of wonder if they plan to release DLC too.

Zolo

The key words here seem to be that it's more packed in content.....which, let's be honest, while the previous Persona games were long, was mostly just dungeon grinding and social links. Of course, if you replaced the times you leveled up your skills with activities like the ones shown in the trailer, it would definitely be longer.

I don't mind if it's stupid long as long as it's interesting the whole way through. I spent something like 160 hours on my first playthrough of Xenoblade, and I was above average length on both P3 and P4.

I like to wander around and admire the art and design in games.

Lusankya

I missed this article. It's going to the most voluminous in terms of playtime? Well I spent ~80 hours on the Journey and ~20 on the Answer in P3. 100+++ hours confirmed? If the dungeons remain as varied as they look in the trailer throughout the game, plus if the story content is consistent, this is going to be the GOAT JRPG.

Kind of wonder if they plan to release DLC too.

Well, P3 and P4 vanilla were roughly 70-80hrs for a normal playthrough (true end). I don't think they add the Answer or the extra content from Golden, when they say P5 will be meatier than its predecessors.
I expect roughly 90-100hrs for P5 vanilla without any add-on/DLC.

yami4ct

Who forgot to tell me that Sugita is in P5? Damn it. Altus really needs to give us Dual Audio on this one if so. I will pay whatever it takes. Just please make it happen, guys.

MSMrRound

Is it kind of confirmed that Mizuki Nana's voicing Anne? I definitely heard her Tsubasa (Symphogear) voice during the last animated part of the trailer, when Anne (assumingly) was monologuing to herself.

Who forgot to tell me that Sugita is in P5? Damn it. Altus really needs to give us Dual Audio on this one if so. I will pay whatever it takes. Just please make it happen, guys.

Is this the guy that voices Kanji, or that other Japanese VA with the same first name and last initial that I somehow manage to still confuse with the guy that voices Kanji?

Top Bottom