• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT8| Coming Winter 2014

Sophia

I'm honestly scared he's gonna get sacked because of this whole fisaco...

Of course not, don't be silly. I'm not even sure why you'd assume that, much less call it a "fiasco."

I believe option 3, quite frankly. It's the only one that makes sense, unless I seriously overestimate how long it takes to localize a game.

I don't think #hardinlied.

Going off past experiences, I don't think Hardin (like most PR people) knows the status of the localization. If he does know the status of it, he definitely can't tell us as I've said before.

These dunce cap avatars are very fitting.

I am soooo glad I didn't take any bet. Now my dunce cap free avatar of Aigis stands out in a sea of duncy people. :D

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Hardin didn't lie, that's for sure. He was surprised just like us.

If he was surprised, then he should have checked in with the localization team to get a sense of how things are going. For a late 2015 release they would have been gearing up for a SCEA TRC pass within the next few weeks, if not have done one already. And even that's already cutting it really close, since you're risking a lot if you don't make it through first pass and have to do a bunch of fixes for a resubmission - the SCEA cert teams only have so much capacity this time of year, and if you don't reserve a slot in time you're not getting in the queue for the holiday push.

What about the whole "going to Australia during TGS" ruse? That can not be forgiven!!!
lol I didn't know about this.
If he was surprised, then he should have checked in with the localization team to get a sense of how things are going. For a late 2015 release they would have been gearing up for a SCEA TRC pass within the next few weeks, if not have done one already. And even that's already cutting it really close, since you're risking a lot if you don't make it through first pass and have to do a bunch of fixes for a resubmission - the SCEA cert teams only have so much capacity this time of year, and if you don't reserve a slot in time you're not getting in the queue for the holiday push.
Yeah, I don't know what really happened. I believe he will explain here later.

DodgeDusk

I too believed

Oh well, I guess this means I can focus on Xenoblade Chronicles X and maybe #FE before P5 comes out.
And living in Europe, I can probably focus on a lot than them, too!

Did he said something after the "crisis"? I wasn't here during the events.
He posted this during the middle of the trailer reveal:
"Atlus is just trolling. There won't be anything new."

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
And then posted this a minute later:
oh no.... ruin.

u____________________u
It makes me think he didn't know, but who knows.

I see. But I thought he was some sort of PR...
I doubt he's allowed to talk about the inner workings of the company. That's pretty standard for any workplace.

Sophia

You're all overthinking the role of a PR manager too much. But I guess overthinking stuff is what we do best in this thread so.... :D

I doubt he's allowed to talk about the inner workings of the company. That's pretty standard for any workplace.

Not the inner workings but more like an "official note" and "apologies" from Atlus. But I guess Hashino already covered it.

I know Hardin has responsability, he wouldn't do something reckless.

Like the blurry letters in the release date by the end of the trailer , which some people think is a kinda hidden message rofl.

I don't think that's so unreasonable, I mean we haven't even gotten to the main event of the stream yet, so it's not inconceivable that Atlus have hidden something to tease it.

Not the inner workings but more like an "official note" and "apologies" from Atlus. But I guess Hashino already covered it.

I know Hardin has responsability, he wouldn't do something reckless.
Atlus did issue a press release that said:
ATLUS said:
There's no easy way to say it, so we'll be blunt. Persona 5 will not release in 2015. The next numbered entry of the Persona franchise will now release in Japan and the Americas in 2016.
The strengths of the Persona series are compelling characters, a moving, relatable story, and a borderline obsession with minutiae - elements which can't be rushed or taken lightly. So while ATLUS realizes the frustration and disappointment that this must cause for the JRPG-loving public, please know that we are delaying the game in order to make sure the next iteration of the Persona series lives up to the expectations of fans.
Persona 5 will be released in 2016 exclusively on the PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 3

Also, figured I change my avatar since it seemed a bit too cheery for the P5 news we got today :(

FluxWaveZ

I don't think that's so unreasonable, I mean we haven't even gotten to the main event of the stream yet, so it's not inconceivable that Atlus have hidden something to tease it.

Eh, I think it's just style. Here's something from the first #FE trailer I didn't see anyone mention:
iq7Po2i.jpg
This is how the words fade out into the trailer's opening. Why wouldn't they all fade out together, normally? I don't think there's any real reason behind it, and the same goes for the blurring, too.

Makio

Dont get me wrong like i say like 10 times already in here , i believe the reason Atlus give us this trailer right to the start is because Atlus is playing with us and have something else for the end...

Like i dont know another Release date or maybe something more exact (like July 21th 2016 for example) , a worldwide release date , some persona 5 music release i dont know. But something is going to happen in the main event ... i got that feeling.

We got our answers tomorrow (in my timezone).

yami4ct

I did not expect to see PV3 so soon. Do we think they're still saving some stuff for the stage show? 2016 date is sad, but whatever it takes to make the game what it can be is fine. My avatar doesn't really suit the dunce cap well, so I kind of had to half ass it. Guess it makes the embarrassment all the more biting, haha.

Olengie

Like the blurry letters in the release date by the end of the trailer , which some people think is a kinda hidden message rofl.

I believe in a hidden message. lmao.

Everything will be forgiven if they announce a P3/4 PS4 Collection. lulul

yami4ct

Am I the only one who wants a sequel to P3/P4 rather than a remaster/HD/collection?

I'd rather they never touched those characters again. They had their development. P4A shows what happens when they try to force more story after those games. The only thing P4/P3 related I'd like at this point is silly side stuff like Q or a P3 where the FeMC gets full animated cutscenes.

Eh, I think it's just style. Here's something from the first #FE trailer I didn't see anyone mention:

This is how the words fade out into the trailer's opening. Why wouldn't they all fade out together, normally? I don't think there's any real reason behind it, and the same goes for the blurring, too.
Even if it did mean anything, it's been too cryptic for anyone to figure out, making it a moot point anyway.

Makio

Am I the only one who wants a sequel to P3/P4 rather than a remaster/HD/collection?

If by sequel you mean Persona 3 Dancing All Night hell yes ....

And personally no , i dont want a Persona 3.8 or Persona 4.7 .... leave the games alone as they are. We got enough with the spinoffs games been canon stories to see what happen to those guys... (at least in p4 side mostly).

I'd rather they never touched those characters again. They had their development. P4A shows what happens when they try to force more story after those games. The only thing P4/P3 related I'd like at this point is silly side stuff like Q or a P3 where the FeMC gets full animated cutscenes.
I like the P4A story. I already played those games to death, so I wouldn't be willing to play a remastered version.

yami4ct

I like the P4A story. I already played those games to death, so I wouldn't be willing to play a remastered version.

P4A felt to me like they just reset all the characters back to their base trait and attempted to start over with them. It really rubbed me the wrong way. The new characters had good arcs, but the returning ones feel like 2D versions of their former selves.

No, bad ideas. No matter the execution on the concept, I would detest it if any of that was announced.

Then I'll enjoy feeding off your salt. :p

Did you learn nothing from Ultimax?

I learned that the P3/P4 crew can still be done good in an RPG, at least.
PQ2, son!

I'm just assuming that blurred thing is hiding something. It's not something I'm proposing but assuming we'll have to deal with it anyway. And if we are going to have more P3 and P4 I hope for something new rather than recycling the games.

Crackpot idea for the "01" part. It's the last P3/P4 game before the countdown reaches "00" and they move on to P5 for good.

Makio

Silly Atlus we dont need a blurry message to know you will continue milking the hell out of Persona 3 & 4 even after Persona 5 releases.

Give me my P3 DAN
please

P4A felt to me like they just reset all the characters back to their base trait and attempted to start over with them. It really rubbed me the wrong way. The new characters had good arcs, but the returning ones feel like 2D versions of their former selves.

I only felt like that regarding Akihiko.

Did you learn nothing from Ultimax?
The bad thing about Ultimax is the villain and its goal. The characters are still great to me, and with a diferent story and gameplay, it could work imo.

Probably worth mentioning that, going by a couple of translations, Hashino said in his video that there will be a special surprise during the final event that relates to Persona 5. Assuming that's the big event, it kind of rules out HD ports.

None of the Persona characters are really interesting enough to carry the number of spin-offs that have been forced upon their weary backs.

If anything, I'm hoping that Persona 5 is being developed with spin-off potential in mind so that they will give the characters room to grow in spin-offs instead of being "ha, ha, that chie sure loves steak right." Not withholding content, exactly, but thinking like "oh yeah, Anne is probably the type of character who would do X"

mdubs

Banned
Any guesses on what the first track on pv 03 will be used for? I'm guessing boss theme, with pv 02's track the regular battle theme

Top Bottom