• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT9| SPOILER TAGS OR DIE

Jintor

i saw an art where someone was like 'this makes no sense but let me draw akihiko and femc as the parents to makoto and sae' and i was like 'this makes no sense but i like it'

i will have to find it again

Mediking

Anyone using the Persona DLC for P5? What do you think are the best? I'm using the ones from P4G.

I've bought all the costumes DLC for Persona 5.

Here is what I noticed:

Makoto looks stunning in her Katherine outfit. Her Dancewear outfit is also great. Yasogami is great too.

Ryuji looks great in his Catherine outfit. His Persona 4 outfit is good too. He makes Kanji proud.

Haru's swimsuit outfit is great. Her Catherine outfit is good too.

Morgana looks awesome in that Kazo outfit where he has a black hat on his head.

Ann looks good in Gekky outfit and her Catherine outfit. Also goods good in Yasogami.

Yusuke looks great in all the school outfits.

Joker looks great in almost every costume. Lol

Akechi's dance outfit is amazing.

Futaba looks good in alotta outfits as well but the only chance you're gonna see them is in Safe Rooms and before Palace areas.

Entire crew shines in the Samurai outfits from SMT4.

Best DLC music to play in Mementos is the SMT4 music. The music fits very well and the amazing "aaaahhhhh... ahhhhhh" music that plays when the battle is over always makes me smile and makes me flashback to when I first played SMT4 on my 3DS.

JudgeN

After finishing persona 5 a couple of weeks ago i had the person itch still so i went to persona 3 fes and holy shit that game was dark. Just finished it last night and i'm having a rush of emotions.

I was not prepared for the MC to die, i know it fits the theme but after P4/5 where you still get you waifus. To lose it all to save the word is damn, ending credit OST was on point too. Then you got chidori x Junpei which just another stab in the heart but at least she is revived in FES.

Very glad I went back and played it, think my rating of persona that I've payed is going to be P5 -> P3 -> P4.

Time to go back and finish my play through of tales of vesperia to take my mind off persona.

Edit: My bad didn't realize i needed to spoiler persona 3 almost 9 year later...

MudoSkills

Volcano High Alumnus (Cum Laude)
SMT IV costumes are the best because it makes Makoto look like Isabeau.

After finishing persona 5 a couple of weeks ago i had the person itch still so i went to persona 3 fes and holy shit that game was dark. Just finished it last night and i'm having a rush of emotions...

Dude, put a spoiler on that.

Went to a friend who has a PS4, finished the first dungeon in one day (13-14 hours).

Life is not the same. I need to play the rest, but I feel burned out too, lol.

Can we PLEASE stop the "buh buh it's been NEEEEEEEYN YEEEERS" bullshit? Some people seem to have the impression that every single gamer has played all classic games released long ago. You can't expect everyone here to have played P3 just because it's been nine years. Not everyone follows the same franchises you do for the same amount of time. This is especially obvious after the influx of new people P5 brought into the franchise.

I just don't understand why people can't seem to bother not ruining games they want other people to enjoy as well.

Can we PLEASE stop the "buh buh it's been NEEEEEEEYN YEEEERS" bullshit? Some people seem to have the impression that every single gamer has played all classic games released long ago. You can't expect everyone here to have played P3 just because it's been nine years. Not everyone follows the same franchises you do for the same amount of time. This is especially obvious after the influx of new people P5 brought into the franchise.

I just don't understand why people can't seem to bother not ruining games they want other people to enjoy as well.
To be fair though, he said in the first sentence that he finished the game and then proceeded to talk about it in the next line. Sure, spoiler tags are always better, but at least he didn't start the post with spoilers.

After finishing persona 5 a couple of weeks ago i had the person itch still so i went to persona 3 fes and holy shit that game was dark. Just finished it last night and i'm having a rush of emotions.

I was not prepared for the MC to die, i know it fits the theme but after P4/5 where you still get you waifus. To lose it all to save the word is damn, ending credit OST was on point too. Then you got chidori x Junpei which just another stab in the heart but at least she is revived in FES.
Only for her to become Shrodinger's character from The Answer onward. :/

To be fair though, he said in the first sentence that he finished the game and then proceeded to talk about it in the next line. Sure, spoiler tags are always better, but at least he didn't start the post with spoilers.

Spoiler tags exist for a reason. Furthermore, people can and do provide non-spoilery impressions about games they've finished.

Not an excuse, in my opinion, on a forum where spoiler tags are prolifically used.

Sorry if this flusters anyone, but I just really can't take shit about posting unmarked spoilers. Doubly so for my favorite franchise.

Sophia

There's really no reason for a lack of spoiler tags in this thread. It's a community thread for an entire franchise, and it explicitly says to put spoiler tags in the thread title. Plus, discussing the ending to any game should naturally call for spoiler tags, especially an 80+ hour RPG.

Anyhow..

Switching topics for a second... something I wanna talk about, as I was re-watching some of the early scenes. There's one scene in Persona 5's early game that REALLY hits home for me. Spoilers for the first story arc coming up.

Specifically, the scene where Shiho jumps. It's no coincidence that I'm using her as an avatar right now. Some of you know my history in that I very nearly jumped as well a long time ago. So this scene sends a literal chill down my spine when I watch it, and while not for the same reasons, it's why I emphasize with the characters in the first story arc so much. Kamoshida's confession scene also hits home too, thanks to Ann's dialogue near the middle of it. The English dub did an amazing job there.

Man... Persona 5 is truly amazing. I wish more games could make me so emotional like this. :S

There's really no reason for a lack of spoiler tags in this thread. It's a community thread for an entire franchise, and it explicitly says to put spoiler tags in the thread title. Plus, discussing the ending to any game should naturally call for spoiler tags, especially an 80+ hour RPG.

Anyhow..

Switching topics for a second... something I wanna talk about, as I was re-watching some of the early scenes. There's one scene in Persona 5's early game that REALLY hits home for me. Spoilers for the first story arc coming up.

Specifically, the scene where Shiho jumps. It's no coincidence that I'm using her as an avatar right now. Some of you know my history in that I very nearly jumped as well a long time ago. So this scene sends a literal chill down my spine when I watch it, and while not for the same reasons, it's why I emphasize with the characters in the first story arc so much. Kamoshida's confession scene also hits home too, thanks to Ann's dialogue near the middle of it. The English dub did an amazing job there.

Man... Persona 5 is truly amazing. I wish more games could make me so emotional like this. :S

I am sorry to hear that... I'm glad you're here.
The scene really packs a heavy punch. Played that part yesterday, and I think it's one of the most emotional moments I've seen in any Persona.

Sophia

I am sorry to hear that... I'm glad you're here.
The scene really packs a heavy punch. Played that part yesterday, and I think it's one of the most emotional moments I've seen in any Persona.

Thank you, it was a very very long time ago. And yeah, it hit home in a way nothing in Persona 4 did.

Like, jesus, I knew the spoiler twist going in and the scene was still emotional simply because of the casual way they transition from a standard class scene to her jumping. Atlus really did not pull any punches there. >.<;

Just wrapped up summer vacation in Persona 5 and WOW - absolutely loving
Futaba
and her story arc so far. Her palace really hit home with me, and the
stuff about her mother and how she was murdered for her research
just injected some life in this dragging plot line. But important q - why is
Ryuji acting more like a dick to Morgana than usual? It's a bit uncalled for lol

Also, does anyone know a quick recipe to make an easy Confuse persona for Mementos? I've accrued enough quests, so I plan to bumrush them all in a few days. Would prefer to make some money while doing it :p I only have 5 or so days until I ransack Mementos, and my level is 35.

Mediking

I got a question for those who beat the game... please respond quickly because I'm currently in the dungeon I'm referring to...

I'm in the Mementos Palace. I see prisoners. My mind is spinning about what's really going on. But that's not really the problem. IS THERE ANY SAFE ROOM???
I'm getting slapped around but I'm fighting hard. I keep going lower and lower in this place. Is there any Safe Room in this place? I'm asking because I really wanna save but I'm afraid if I try to leave this thing that all my progress will go away. There's no way my party is capable of a boss fight with the Treasure right now. I'm barely hanging in there

EDIT: SWEET GOD! I FOUND IT!!! I'M CRYING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OHMYGAWD I'M CRYING. Literally just put down the controller and started dancing.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
I got a question for those who beat the game... please respond quickly because I'm currently in the dungeon I'm referring to...

I'm in the Mementos Palace. I see prisoners. My mind is spinning about what's really going on. But that's not really the problem. IS THERE ANY SAFE ROOM???
I'm getting slapped around but I'm fighting hard. I keep going lower and lower in this place. Is there any Safe Room in this place? I'm asking because I really wanna save but I'm afraid if I try to leave this thing that all my progress will go away. There's no way my party is capable of a boss fight with the Treasure right now. I'm barely hanging in there

EDIT: SWEET GOD! I FOUND IT!!! I'M CRYING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OHMYGAWD I'M CRYING. Literally just put down the controller and started dancing.
Small tip about this area if you haven't found it yet:
At the entrance of that area, near the Velvet Room door, one of the twins will give you a full HP/SP/ammo heal for free, as many times as you like.

Mediking

Small tip about this area if you haven't found it yet:
At the entrance of that area, near the Velvet Room door, one of the twins will give you a full HP/SP/ammo heal for free, as many times as you like.

!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOW! I might be able to pull this off! I had no idea!

Mediking

There's a thread on Gaming side at the moment about P3 FES potentially coming to the PS4 Playstation store (presumably with trophy support):

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1390733

?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!?!?!?!?!?!?

Code:
[IMG]https://i.giphy.com/19ijzMia1BaMg.webp[/IMG]

My favorite game of all time.... Oh god if this is true... I'm crying. Will literally post a video of me buying this game and just crying tears of joy. Lol
Code:
[IMG]http://orig15.deviantart.net/1a42/f/2011/119/b/5/arisato_minato_caramelldansen_by_spongejan-d3f7me8.gif[/IMG]

One thing I've noticed having started another play through of Golden. I vastly prefer the awakening in 5 to 4. In 4/Golden, you defeat the boss, they accept who they are and collapse and are granted their persona. In 5, they actually wake up and do it with a bang.

I'm loving P5 so, so much.
I'm only halway through so I don't know if it will be my favorite Persona but it sure is looking like it.

Also, that post with P3 spoilers that weren't tagged also indirectly slightly spoils P4 and P5 since,
now I know for sure that P5's protagonist doesn't die, so thanks for that. It wasn't likely but I was wondering if they'd pull that again.

It's not a big deal but people really need to be careful with this stuff.

Just thought it would be interesting to drop this here. It has been one of the main criticisms leveraged against P5 after all.

Oh, it's that channel. They bumbled criticism about P4 in an older video, and they kind of did it here, too. Not that I fully disagree with their criticisms, but they're not taking in the full context of the scenes in P5 that they're directly criticising.

Just thought it would be interesting to drop this here. It has been one of the main criticisms leveraged against P5 after all.

This was a good video because it's pretty much exactly what was going through my head during the entire thing, word for word. Persona 5 is great and does so many things well, but removing all of that would actually have majorly improved the beginning chunk of that game. In some instances it really did feel like there were different writers that were just missing each other on tone.

Mediking

I'VE FINALLY DONE IT. I BEAT PERSONA 5.

SPOILER ALARM!!! YOU'VE BEEN WARNED!!!

Persona 5 OT should've been....
”It's all a game..."

The game is impressive. Turn based combat at it's finest. It's a sad and good thing how very VITAL things are behind social links. It's colorful and visual eye candy. Music? Ehhh..... There's prolly like 2 or 3 songs I like and that's really shocking considering how I have many other Persona songs on my fone.

Regarding story: Early P5 is best P5.
Things take a turn into ”you didn't see that coming" territory and it just doesn't stop. It was cool and my mind was blown over and over but I gotta wished it didn't go that crazy.

Hardest boss?
APOCOPALITC GUIDE. That boss right before you face the Holy Grail or that Yalaklboth dude. I hate bosses that Summon other things to heal them over and over without any consequence. VERY annoying. I barely won.

My biggest complaint? Hopefully this is something that can be fixed in Persona 5 Crimson or whatever. It really hurt the game, in my opinion..
I complained earlier about Joker not speaking during the Morgana leaving Arc but things become even more annoying and jarring in later sequences. He doesn't speak when he faces Akechi for the final time. He doesn't speak when he realizes Igor isn't Igor. And he doesn't even speak against Shido. I'm just so tired and annoyed by it. It's so jarring and hard to ignore when you press a dialogue option and Joker doesn't say it out loud. Then there's times when you don't even have a dialogue option and you just stand there passively...
. I don't mean to whine and complain but it hurts the game so much...

Akechi is really dead, huh? WOW. Not even bringing him back, huh? Pulled a Shinjiro on this guy, huh?

There's A LOT MORE I wanna discuss and will be posting more as my brain processes the game. It's an amazing game with flaws regarding pacing and some Palaces having very annoying puzzles. I really felt like I was playing Shin Megami Tensei IV on my 3DS again towards the end with all that
Mankind and desire and God talk

!!! Oh and I'm totally gonna go more in depth about how I feel about the twists in the future.

For those who beat the game or knew all along... how do you guys feel? Like Dantis? Heck, everybody? Lol

Just noticed that Amazon updated the release date of the P5 art book to September 26th. No surprise, I guess; the thing was suppose to release in two weeks' time and there still wasn't a cover sample.

Just noticed that Amazon updated the release date of the P5 art book to September 26th. No surprise, I guess; the thing was suppose to release in two weeks' time and there still wasn't a cover sample.
I'm just amazed it's coming out so quickly at all. It took P4's art book YEARS to be localized and released in the west.

Mediking

I wanna talk about Akechi for a sec because I've been thinking about certain cast members now that I've beat the game....

P5 spoilers! Beware!!! I'm serious! If you haven't beat the game then please stop reading!

I do like Akechi but I think whoever wrote for him tried to squeeze too much into him. He was Shido's bastard son. Wanted to get noticed so bad that the Holy Grail aka Y-baddie gave him power. Climbed the ladder of success by doing very shady things and flat out crimes. Decided to defeat Joker by backstabbing him... yet realizing mere moments before bizarre death (still can't believe he didn't come back) that he wanted friends and that Joker was right.... Man, isn't that just too much stuffed into one character?

This is what I would've preferred:
Not Shido's son. Just a detective who got too warped into becoming successful and not letting down people that he was missing experiencing life. Backstabs Joker because he is confused about doing what's right. Ends up saving the crew. DOES NOT DIE. I can't help but flashback to when Akechi tried that spicy food with the gang and I liked the scene. It's a shame he didn't stay a good guy the entire game and you could've seen his thoughts on other members, etc. He also carries a lightbeam sword! Lol too cool. I would've preferred Akechi over Yusuke.
:

Akim

Banned
Apologies if this has been asked a million times. If I loved persona 5 is it worth it to drop 100 on a vita TV and 4 golden?

Apologies if this has been asked a million times. If I loved persona 5 is it worth it to drop 100 on a vita TV and 4 golden?

Might be worth waiting to see if anything comes of a P3FES banner showing up on the PS4 Classic's store. If Atlus are going to start releasing their games there, then that would be the cheaper option, even if it's wouldn't be Golden.

Lynx_7

I still believe the PSN thing was a collective fever dream or a devilish prank by Atlus. Maybe they put up their April's fool a bit too early
or late.

P4G is my favorite game of all time (haven't been able to delve into P5 yet), so of course, my answer is yes. It's a practically life-changing game, and depending on how much you enjoy Persona fusions and grinding, it could take you anywhere from 70 hours to 100+ hours to complete.
...And that's just for one run.
...And there's much more to the Vita's library than you think there is.

DNAbro

Randomly thinking, I feel like Persona Q's OST is super underrated. Or at least doesn't get talked about as much as it should.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GKgyGADjqDc Light Up the Fire in the Night P4 version
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mb-AY3OIR5k Inaba Regional Exhibition
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qDDecKm1mPs Laser Beam
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBNkVz4UjH4 Title Theme
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8R6SXAeQWJk Friends
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bGQrZy6lgEM The Person is Then Called Away From War
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TSZ1fzPDGaU Corner of Memories PQ version
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p2pOafXZ45I Footsteps of Time

PQ is a very good game.

Randomly thinking, I feel like Persona Q's OST is super underrated. Or at least doesn't get talked about as much as it should.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GKgyGADjqDc Light Up the Fire in the Night P4 version
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mb-AY3OIR5k Inaba Regional Exhibition
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qDDecKm1mPs Laser Beam
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBNkVz4UjH4 Title Theme
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8R6SXAeQWJk Friends
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bGQrZy6lgEM The Person is Then Called Away From War
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TSZ1fzPDGaU Corner of Memories PQ version
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p2pOafXZ45I Footsteps of Time

PQ is a very good game.

It certainly is.

Ugh, I just lost almost an hour to a wipe on a random mob in the 5th palace, in the
Barracks area where you have to fight three sub-bosses without a safe room. Those damn elephant guys who spam Deathbound. :((
Probably my fault for not running back to the last safe room, but I assumed there would be another one coming up. Sometimes the distribution of checkpoints in the palaces is not very fair.

Mediking

Ugh, I just lost almost an hour to a wipe on a random mob in the 5th palace, in the
Barracks area where you have to fight three sub-bosses without a safe room. Those damn elephant guys who spam Deathbound. :((
Probably my fault for not running back to the last safe room, but I assumed there would be another one coming up. Sometimes the distribution of checkpoints in the palaces is not very fair.

Dang. Don't feel that bad, my guy. Take the loss. Take a breather and jump right back in.

Top Bottom