• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT9| SPOILER TAGS OR DIE

Wonder if Atlus USA is going to follow the same order as Japan in those characters clips ,if that the case the next one is Morgana and Makoto 3rd , there again i see them doing their own order so i see Morgana / Anne or Ryuji next

Plus how often , weekly ? thats means a proper dubbed trailer until around Christmas (8 weeks)

PD : They interview Robbie Daymond according to Persona Central, so that means Goro is getting a short trailer clip too ?

It's funny how Atlus JP tried so hard to hide Goro, but Atlus USA seems to not care.

Maybe Atlus USA will finally give him a trailer though

So the resolution to the Persona 1 DLC set issue is just that they're making it free and changing the DLC name.

Nice try, Atlus. I refuse to get spoiled. I stopped watching the trailer after this moment :
y86257.gif

I guess Joker is getting framed or blackmailed. I wonder whose the woman with him....

Gurl that scene is at the very beginning of the game. Extremely minor context spoiler:
It's the catalyst for him moving.

After the fucking title screen nothing surprises me anymore.

Also guys please don't spoil which logos appear before said title screen.
TBH the title screen is out of the "any official material released by Atlus can be unspoilered" limitation so it makes sense to me.

Lynx_7

Glorious. I expect Joker to yell his Persona's names like the announcer from Smash, voice filters and all, and make lenghty speeches about killing all the gods, demons and humansadults to build a new universe where teenagers are truly free from the shackles of godsociety.

Atlus is a Nintendo Switch partner.

P5P
IS
HAPPENING
PLEASE
B
HAPPENING
I'm honestly more excited about the fact that they'll be forced to move on from the 3DS and make more beautiful, HD demons goodness :')
Maybe they'll even drop the PS3 too while they're at it.
Also HD Etrian Odyssey. I believe.

Mediking

Atlus supports the 3DS alot so seeing them support the NXS isnt so shocking. What is shocking is the potential Atlus has to bring to the table for NXS. That inevitable Persona Q sequel starring P5 characters will surely be on NXS. Persona 5 finding itself on NXS in some form would also be megaton. Throw in Nintendo costumes and Amiibo and watch the money pour in.

Lynx_7

The date is January 14th. It's a beautiful day in Japan, as Atlus streams some senile old lady sputtering moonspeak in a microphone for 24 hours straight. They nod proudly to themselves, a sly smile crossing their faces. It's time.

"Atlus: We're here to make an announcement."

The audience wakes up from their catatonic states, hope filling their eyes. The chat goes crazy, ASCII Maras fill the chatroom as the stream demons are released.

"Atlus: We've heard your calls, and we've talked extensively with Nintendo over the past few months."

A picture of the P5 gang shows up in a giant monitor. The NS logo is there as well. Maras are using Charge and Pierce everywhere.

"Atlus: Atlus is proud to announce the newest release in the Persona series!"

An upbeat remix of Life Will Change starts playing. Joker comes out in a Hatsune Miku costume while ice skating.

"Atlus: Persona 5 Dancing All Winter, coming winter 2017 for the Nintendo Switch!"

Silence fills the room. The era of P5 milking has begun.

Atlus supports the 3DS alot so seeing them support the NXS isnt so shocking. What is shocking is the potential Atlus has to bring to the table for NXS. That inevitable Persona Q sequel starring P5 characters will surely be on NXS. Persona 5 finding itself on NXS in some form would also be megaton. Throw in Nintendo costumes and Amiibo and watch the money pour in.

Persona Q/Etrian games without a dual screen setup?

The date is January 14th. It's a beautiful day in Japan, as Atlus streams some senile old lady sputtering moonspeak in a microphone for 24 hours straight. They nod proudly to themselves, a sly smile crossing their faces. It's time.

The audience wakes up from their catatonic states, hope filling their eyes. The chat goes crazy, ASCII Maras fill the chatroom as the stream demons are released.

"Atlus: We've heard your calls, and we've talked extensively with Nintendo over the past few months."

A picture of the P5 gang shows up in a giant monitor. The NS logo is there as well. Maras are using Charge and Pierce everywhere.

An upbeat remix of Life Will Change starts playing. Joker comes out in a Hatsune Miku costume while ice skating.

"Atlus: Persona 5 Dancing All Winter, coming winter 2017 for the Nintendo Switch!"

Pictured VIVIDLY in my head. LMFAO

Joker: Friendship is a joke. It'll only hold you back.
Ryuji: Ok.

Well played!

We come to it at last...

Lynx_7

Persona Q/Etrian games without a dual screen setup?

It's feasible, just less convenient. I imagine it'd be better in portable mode due to the touch screen. Maybe there's some way to emulate dual screens with a controller + TV setup?

Honestly, dual screens is a nice thing to have, but so little games took advantage of the feature in meaningful ways. At least I'll be able to take in the scenery better without having to stare at the bottom screen every 3 seconds to look at the map. Also, a bigger screen and more comfortable grip.
I'll miss the convenient inventory management in Zelda though.

Makio

Is funny how all the comments about Atlus being partner with Nintendo new console is people asking for Persona Q II or an pointless Persona 5 port .... i mean really no SMT V , a new DevilSurvivor or in the worst case a Tokyo Mirage Sessions part 2

barybll

Banned
Is funny how all the comments about Atlus being partner with Nintendo new console is people asking for Persona Q II or an pointless Persona 5 port .... i mean really no SMT V , a new DevilSurvivor or in the worst case a Tokyo Mirage Sessions part 2

Atleast now that 3ds is obsolete SMT will get some budget since the switch is better right?
...right?
Might even get a multi plat release with ps4
Right?

Lynx_7

I'm honestly more excited about the fact that they'll be forced to move on from the 3DS and make more beautiful, HD demons goodness :')
Maybe they'll even drop the PS3 too while they're at it.
Also HD Etrian Odyssey. I believe.

I've been advocating for more HD SMT games and spin-offs before it was cool. *puts hipster glasses*

Mediking

They/we want it all. Of course I want a TMS 2. Persona 5 is just the hottest thing right now. Persona 5 on the go would be awesome. I would prolly finish the game in a timely manner if it was on the go.

Hey guys, been a while. How bout that Nintendo Switch, eh? A new mainline SMT, spinoff like Devil Summoner, or TMS game on some competent hardware might be just down the...

Goodbye.

asagami_

Banned

Well, if they port P5, it will be easier create new games using the actual engine.

But yeah, I want my Devil Summoner
not totally a Kuzunoha vs
game first.

Makio

My point is besides PQ which is a EO game with some fanservice skin in top of it Persona always been Sony games , there again P5 almost happen to be a mobile game so that Sony x Persona relationship cant be forever ....

But if Nintendo handle the other SMT series (main , devil survivor ,tms lol) i dont see why people is so crazy to see Persona takes other consoles too ...we just had a main persona game, just let other series or Atlus projects now they had a new engine and console to work in

Mediking

My point is besides PQ which is a EO game with some fanservice skin in top of it Persona always been Sony games , there again P5 almost happen to be a mobile game so that Sony x Persona relationship cant be forever ....

But if Nintendo handle the other SMT series (main , devil survivor ,tms lol) i dont see why people is so crazy to see Persona takes other consoles too ...we just had a main persona game, just let other series or Atlus projects now they had a new engine and console to work in

Nintendo could make Persona Amiibo if given the chance. :D

Lynx_7

Considering how badly TMS flopped I wouldn't expect a sequel. I'm sure the game must be pretty good, but I really wonder just what was going through Atlus' heads when they decided to make the game's aesthetic appeal to a niche within a niche. Here's Nintendo, a giant offering you a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to use one of their growing IPs with international appeal and make a new console game for it, and your first impulse is "let's make an idol game that caters to an extremely small japanese audience!!!".

TMS to me feels like the DeSu team just wanted to do their own thing but Atlus was pushing this SMT x FE project onto them, so they begrudgingly accepted it but instead of making something that respects its source material, they decided to make the game they wanted to do in the first place and just shoehorned some Fire Emblem elements as an afterthought. I would really like to know how Nintendo (and Intelligent Systems) reacted when they were shown the results of their partnership because I can't imagine that was what they had in mind.

Mediking

Considering how badly TMS flopped I wouldn't expect a sequel. I'm sure the game must be pretty good, but I really wonder just what was going through Atlus' heads when they decided to make the game's aesthetic appeal to a niche within a niche. Here's Nintendo, a giant offering you a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to use one of their growing IPs with international appeal and make a new console game for it, and your first impulse is "let's make an idol game that caters to an extremely small japanese audience!!!".

TMS to me feels like the DeSu team just wanted to do their own thing but Atlus was pushing this SMT x FE project onto them, so they begrudgingly accepted it but instead of making something that respects its source material, they decided to make the game they wanted to do in the first place and just shoehorned some Fire Emblem elements as an afterthought. I would really like to know how Nintendo (and Intelligent Systems) reacted when they were shown the results of their partnership because I can't imagine that was what they had in mind.

You sound exactly like someone who hasn't played TMS and is being judgmental. Sad.

And no. Atlus and Nintendo are still in good terms. They dont hate each other. Many quirky Atlus games like EO and others will be on NXS. Same goes for Platinum Games. Nintendo will fund exclusives from them again for sure. Hell, Bayonetta is attached to Nintendo now.

No, but actual crossovers are lame! :v

In all seriousness, I've had a thought. If the Switch doesn't have touch controls or the like, can we rule out the return of Trauma Center?

edit: Just to cross one series off for speculation.

No, but actual crossovers are lame! :v

In all seriousness, I've had a thought. If the Switch doesn't have touch controls or the like, can we rule out the return of Trauma Center?

edit: Just to cross one series off for speculation.

You could rule that out even if it does have touch controls (which it probably does).

Lynx_7

You sound exactly like someone who hasn't played TMS and is being judgmental. Sad.

And no. Atlus and Nintendo are still in good terms. They dont hate each other. Many quirky Atlus games like EO and others will be on NXS. Same goes for Platinum Games. Nintendo will fund exclusives from them again for sure. Hell, Bayonetta is attached to Nintendo now.

Hey don't get all Trump speech on me. lol

I'm not being judgemental, I'm calling it what it is. An extremely niche product with a very specific focus on a small audience of Japanase gamers. I don't believe for a second that's what Nintendo had in mind when they borrowed Fire Emblem to Atlus. Of course they still have a healthy relationship, but I don't see TMS 2 happening, at least not with its current idol focus.
I'm sure it's a good game, otherwishe I wouldn't be interested in playing it for myself. But it was also a massive financial flop. Not quite Wonderful 101, but close.

Mediking

Hey don't get all Trump speech on me. lol

I'm not being judgemental, I'm calling it what it is. An extremely niche product with a very specific focus on a small audience of Japanase gamers. I don't believe for a second that's what Nintendo had in mind when they borrowed Fire Emblem to Atlus. Of course they still have a healthy relationship, but I don't see TMS 2 happening, at least not with its current idol focus.
I'm sure it's a good game, otherwishe I wouldn't be interested in playing it for myself. But it was also a massive financial flop. Not quite Wonderful 101, but close.

You keep talking sales but you aren't even gonna play TMS to experience the damn game for yourself?! C'mon.... aren't we all fans of Atlus??? We all know to never judge anything by its cover. We aren't like those people who are like, "Ughhh... anime in games is soooo baaadddd. Ohmygawd...."

Lynx_7

You keep talking sales but you aren't even gonna play TMS to experience the damn game for yourself?! C'mon.... aren't we all fans of Atlus??? We all know to never judge anything by its cover. We aren't like those people who are like, "Ughhh... anime in games is soooo baaadddd. Ohmygawd...."

We were discussing TMS's chances of getting a sequel, not the quality of the game though. If Nintendo won't invest in its own franchises I wouldn't put much stock in them funding another TMS after how it performed. It'll sadly join the ranks of F-Zero.

-looks at an episode of Gundam: Iron Blooded Orphans because its dub involves quite a few P5 VAs but mostly for Makoto's VA-

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Mediking

We were discussing TMS's chances of getting a sequel, not the quality of the game though. If Nintendo won't invest in its own franchises I wouldn't put much stock in them funding another TMS after how it performed. It'll sadly join the ranks of F-Zero.

F-Zero is in its situation because of the dominance of Mario Kart and the fact that Miyamoto foolishly said that he would consider a F-Zero for a platform with better controls than the Wii U. It's stupid but he did say that.

And never say never. You're a JRPG fan, right? Never. Say. Never. You might find TMS getting a sequel in the future or whatever.

It's not his fault if the marketing team fails to make Midnight Idol LARPing appealing.
Hell, arguably, it's not even theirs.

If something's got material that disinterests you on principle, you're not obligated to pick it up just for the sake of being open-minded.

-looks at an episode of Gundam: Iron Blooded Orphans because its dub involves quite a few P5 VAs but mostly for Makoto's VA-

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Is the voice good?

I don't think TMS particularly needs a sequel or anything, and presumably there's nothing stopping Atlus making an original RPG on Switch without using that name/ip.

Mediking

It's not his fault if the marketing team fails to make Midnight Idol LARPing appealing.
Hell, arguably, it's not even theirs.

If something's got material that disinterests you on principle, you're not obligated to pick it up just for the sake of being open-minded.

I know. It just sort of pisses me off when I hear a JRPG fan (not directly referring to Lynx_7 but speaking in general) not being open-minded about a damn JRPG. Not everything appeals to me either but I can acknowledge that just because it doesn't appeal to me... doesn't mean its not high in quality. Too many people (who claimed to be SMT and Fire Emblem fans) walked away from TMS without even trying it for themselves and it's a shame. Hell, you know the same thing is happening to Persona 5. "It looks tooo anime!!!!" It's annoying as hell.

Makio

There again Cherami Leigh's Makoto had to sold me real bad , off the list is the only one i still no buy it
(Like said most a personal thing since i never like her previous work despite she actually good)

In the other side For example names alone i know Matthew Mercer (Yusuke) and Xanthe Huynh' (Haru) are gonna be great without need to listen their p5 footage , candidates to be fan favorites in my book.

And Erika Harlacher (Ann) which i need to find more footage (never heard of her before) , but judging by her entusiasm in twitter which feels the lady land a role of a lifetime pretty sure she not gonna disappoint or give her best shot , she love the role. To me only left to see how good or fitting she is compare to the japanese one

Strimei

I'm not too worried about Cherami's performance. She's been around for a very long time and I've heard her in numerous roles and I've always liked her in them. I have faith.

Top Bottom