• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread: The Butterfly Effect

Status
Not open for further replies.

Noi

I'm starting to learn how to cook, and I'm awful. A friend of mine compared me to Fuuka, and then pointed out I got Priestess on one of those "which arcana are you!?" quizzes.

;_;

But, I do like Fuuka!

tumblr_mg4yoc3CIX1s2w8lao1_1280.jpg

In Persona 4 I was trying to fuse for Yamata no Orochi and it transformed into an Ose. Why did that happen? Seems random. Turned out for the better though 'cos this thing is beastly.

Um... is it okay for me to post these questions here or would it be better in the Golden thread even though I'm playing PS2 version?

I'm starting to learn how to cook, and I'm awful. A friend of mine compared me to Fuuka, and then pointed out I got Priestess on one of those "which arcana are you!?" quizzes.

;_;

But, I do like Fuuka!

It's funny, all this talk of food in the game has made me think I seriously need to learn to cook too. I wonder what Japanese food tastes like... I laughed when Yukiko was listing all those ingredients in that supermarket scene, then I looked up some recipes and the lists of ingredients were even longer :p.

Trigger

In Persona 4 I was trying to fuse for Yamata no Orochi and it transformed into an Ose. Why did that happen? Seems random. Turned out for the better though 'cos this thing is beastly.

Um... is it okay for me to post these questions here or would it be better in the Golden thread even though I'm playing PS2 version?

It doesn't matter. No one is going to complain, lol.

RE The fusin: It's a random thing. Sometimes a fusion will inexplicably fail. Haha, too bad you're not playing Golden or you could've gotten a trophy for it at least.

It doesn't matter. No one is going to complain, lol.

RE The fusin: It's a random thing. Sometimes a fusion will inexplicably fail. Haha, too bad you're not playing Golden or you could've gotten a trophy for it at least.

So it's just by chance that you'll get a persona that's better or worse than the one you were trying to fuse? A big eight-headed serpent changing into a panther dude is kinda weird... though there has been weirder stuff in the game so far so that doesn't matter much :p.

Meia

Yep, just a random chance of what's called a fusion accident. I think it's something like a 1/64 chance with a two persona one, and a 1/32 chance with a three persona one.

AKA save before you fuse always, in case. Though it sucks recycling through skills for like 10 minutes, getting ones you want, then an accident happens.

In terms of the outcome, I think it's a random arcana of a similar level persona, but that I have no idea of.

Sophia

Got the invite but it wanted me to buy a game in order to be in chat, problem is that I have a shitty PC :(.

Just add DOTA2 or TF2 to your list real fast, you don't need to actually download them.

Infact, what's your steam name and I'll send you a DOTA2 key....

Okay, thanks for the responses. With those odds it seems it'll happen a few times during the game. I've been saving before fusing ever since the fusion forecast replaced a good move with a lame one.

Meia

Funnily enough, even with saving before ever doing it, it MAYBE happens to me once every other game. I don't think in any of the playthroughs I've had of either game that it's happened more than once per.

Still, you don't want it to be at a critical time, so better safe than sorry. :p

I just did one of those "which Arcana are you?" quizzes out of curiosity and got Death.

Prepare for The Fall, suckas.

Also I joined the Steam group :3

Funnily enough, even with saving before ever doing it, it MAYBE happens to me once every other game. I don't think in any of the playthroughs I've had of either game that it's happened more than once per.

Still, you don't want it to be at a critical time, so better safe than sorry. :p

Huh, woulda thought it'd happen more often with those odds.

I love the designs for personas, Samael is my fave so far. It's also cool they have the different classes of angels. Hope there's a cool Seraph in there. Does anyone have the art book? Does it have the persona illustrations in there?

I didn't think I'd get so hooked on this game, especially the social link stuff.

Venfayth

I love the designs for personas, Samael is my fave so far. It's also cool they have the different classes of angels. Hope there's a cool Seraph in there. Does anyone have the art book? Does it have the persona illustrations in there?

I didn't think I'd get so hooked on this game, especially the social link stuff.

It's surprisingly addicting :D I've wanted to buy the art book for a while.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/1926778456/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Meia

The social link stuff is one of the things that kept me plodding through 3 when I wasn't a fan of how the story was going in terms of how slow it was what kept me going. I could also go on and on about what the cast of 4 have actually done for me personally, but that's another story for another time. :p

cjkeats

I love Akira and I never would have picked up on that. I would say if you wanna reference Akira, something with the loud yelling of TETSUOOOO, but then it would be just as well to stick with the HACKYOUUU, which is completely unoriginal.

What I'm saying is, I got nothing :/

Welcome to goodness, mang. Pokemon and Megaten mix real well.

The fallback's subtle, but not too obscure.

Almost a spoiler, but not really.

Poltergeist In The Shell

I feel I can do better, though.

"Hack Me In!"?

cj_iwakura

I made this suggestion in the Steam chat earlier but I'll say it here for everyone.

Soul Hackers |OT| LET'S HACK SOME SOULS

I think it's good

Hoping for something to reflect the darker themes in the game, i.e. more serious ish.

Pound for pound this is going to be the meatiest SMT game we've gotten since Nocturne. It has it all, references to older games, lots of characterized villains and demons, many personalized NPCs, varied cast of characters, unique setting, my hype is off the charts.

Hoping for something to reflect the darker themes in the game, i.e. more serious ish.

Pound for pound this is going to be the meatiest SMT game we've gotten since Nocturne. It has it all, references to older games, lots of characterized villains and demons, many personalized NPCs, varied cast of characters, unique setting, my hype is off the charts.

What do you think about these, cj:

1. Soul Hackers |OT| Training For Dystopia
  2. Soul Hackers |OT| New World Order, Old World Chaos
  3. Soul Hackers |OT| Run the program, run for your life
  4. Soul Hackers |OT| A Mechanism of Unconscious Making

Eh, I'm not that accurate, I still haven't played the game only read about it :p

cj_iwakura

Eh, I'm not that accurate, I still haven't played the game only read about it :p

I love the second one!

Young Magus

3rd one catches my fancy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom