• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread: The Butterfly Effect

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meia

It's not just the save issues(which of course is catastrophic in a game like this), but it's also the graphical bugs. Anything with a "shiny" texture flashes with movement. Golden hands kind of strobe, and the entire last block of Tartarus since it's shiny strobes as you run along it. It's horrendous. Even the last boss strobes, so yeah, bad.

Trigger

It's not just the save issues(which of course is catastrophic in a game like this), but it's also the graphical bugs. Anything with a "shiny" texture flashes with movement. Golden hands kind of strobe, and the entire last block of Tartarus since it's shiny strobes as you run along it. It's horrendous. Even the last boss strobes, so yeah, bad.

That sounds neat actually. Strobe hands for P5!!

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu

FES : Disco Edition.

Meia

Link contains spoilers to what the beginning of one of the final blocks of tartarus looks like:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9g7jvAnqnBU

It could be a neat effect, if the strobing didn't happen more the more you moved about the level. It marks the first time ever in a game I actually got a headache watching the screen.

And the strobe on the golden hands thing would be more neat if sometimes you thought you were approaching a regular small shadow and then it took off, cause only THEN it decided to flash. :p

Sophia

Just be glad they fixed the color issue; Prior to the fix Persona 3 FES would default to HDMI Limited Color even if you were using Full color, and looked totally washed out. It was awful.

cj_iwakura

So I got to meet some people at Megacon, including Vic Mignogna.

They had a Mary figurine(and a Lisa one!), but I didn't have the funding(the Lisa figurine was $128).

That said, relevant to interests:

VAjc5rj.jpg

U1PHZLw.jpg

5WB1KrJ.jpg

and Vic signed my P3FES:

g8AvypQ.jpg

I have his picture somewhere. Man looked like he was a rock star or something.

cj_iwakura

Just beat innocent sin. Lmfao @
Maya's death
,I saw it coming but God damn was it random. Shit made me drop my vita.

Sadly, the Oracle's prophecy predicts it all over the place, but it isn't until that moment that it hits home.

The kicker is that it was supposed to be Okamura, but Nyalathotep talked her into killing Amano instead.

PK Gaming

PERSONA

I just jumped into this series through Persona 4G (Luckily played Devil Survivor so I could recognize the Persona/Demons and had a brief grasp on the combat system).

I absolutely adore this series, seriously Persona is amazing.

I'm working my way down and getting my hands on Persona 3 next and maybe Persona 4 Arena if I can afford it.

Mazre

Here there be opinions and impressions on P3 FES up to shortly after the July 7 mission.

Gameplay: Miss the improvements and refinements from P4G but am still having a lot of fun. Definitely appreciating the tougher tuning and the AI teammates are certainly becoming more manageable as options unlock. Glad I finally have some tools to stop them from healing themselves to death when they could easily close out a fight.

Various social links musings:

Magician:
Proto-Yosuke amuses me. Half-way complete.
Emperor:
Hidetoshi is a dick. But dicks need friends too. Completed.
Hermit:
Very meta. Surprised me considering how non-existent computers and the internet are in P4G, they're much more heavily integrated into P3. Half-way complete.
Tower:
Drunken monk ftw. Still really early.
Devil:
Cracked up when this popped up for Tanaka. Still early but expectations are high.
Justice & Strength(swim team variant):
Halfway on each of these and am surprised that Chihiro has already decided we're a thing. This will doubtless end in some comedic tragedy and heartbreak.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Various social links musings:

Hermit:
Very meta. Surprised me considering how non-existent computers and the internet are in P4G, they're much more heavily integrated into P3. Half-way complete.

Keep doing this one, it gets much much better.
especially after the reveal

Meia

You'll also see another important difference that they learned in the newer game when it comes to social link management, but I'll leave that surprise for when you experience it. :p

Ultimately, yeah, Hermit was probably my favorite of that game.

And yeah, managing the party only sucks in the beginning when you have very limited options, but the second you learn the "conserve SP" and "Knock Down" ones, a lot of it becomes a lot more manageable, and outside of some "MARIN F'N KARIN" shenanigans, handles itself reasonably well.

Have never done the "party does their own thing" in 4 before, and may do that my next time through. Thinking about doing a "real time" thing almost with it for my next play through, where I just play the game on the same day IRL over the course of a year, and should probably do that with it too. In other words, on April 13th, only do the morning/afternoon/evening segments on 4/13, then save and quit for the night(or put it in hibernate when the date changes).

Young Magus

How much different is it from EP in terms of needing to fuse? I'm playing EP right now
right before entering the sky museum
and would it be wise to stock up and cards now or later? I ask because I DID...NOT...FUSE.....ONCE in IS.

FluxWaveZ

How much different is it from EP in terms of needing to fuse? I'm playing EP right now
right before entering the sky museum
and would it be wise to stock up and cards now or later? I ask because I DID...NOT...FUSE.....ONCE in IS.

Fusing will be essential in EP because of its difficulty. Personae should be around their respective character's level, so stocking them isn't that necessary. I guess if you find a section of the game that you can't seem to get through, then you should fuse. The higher in level demons get, the more cards they'll give out in negotiations so, at some point, you stocking them for later in the game becomes meaningless.

Dantis

Hey, do any of you guys have Everybody's Golf/Hot Shots Golf? It seems they're adding Asynchronous multiplayer, and I was thinking it would be neat if we got some games going.

cjkeats

Hey, do any of you guys have Everybody's Golf/Hot Shots Golf? It seems they're adding Asynchronous multiplayer, and I was thinking it would be neat if we got some games going.

Which one? The one on Vita? I would be up for it. Haven't played in while, but was looking to go back with the Kat DLC.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
When I play golf, the ball goes places where it shouldn't go. And the club goes upside someone's head in anger as a result of the ball going places where it shouldn't go. =p

This is probably the same thing that would happen with me.

Only the clubs would be bent over my knee and thrown into a water hazard.

Mazre

Wow...story bombs dropping left and right in July. Operation
Babe Hunt was pretty incredible.

Edit: Thank you sir.

Jintor

I'm really not a fan of that 'joke' in any case. Terrible step away from Persona (3-4, anyway)'s message of generally not making fun of people for who they are. (Unless they're Hanako or Kashiwagi I guess)

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
^ So, I didn't play that part in P3P - is it Kashiwagi instead of the previous person from P3 FES? I'm so confused.

No, he's just saying you can make fun of Kashiwagi/Hanako because that was what they were intended for.

PS I would like the full image of your avatar, kthxbye.

Marche90

No, he's just saying you can make fun of Kashiwagi/Hanako because that was what they were intended for.

PS I would like the full image of your avatar, kthxbye.

I second this. Normally not a (rabbid) fan of Chie, but... Eh, I can make an exception

Also, no Vita, no Golf for me. Why do you guys torture me reminding me of that? ;_;

j/k, of course. Although I'm starting to get swayed from buying a PS3 and thinking about going straigth for a Vita...

Sophia

I'm really not a fan of that 'joke' in any case. Terrible step away from Persona (3-4, anyway)'s message of generally not making fun of people for who they are. (Unless they're Hanako or Kashiwagi I guess)

They actually changed the scene with the transsexual in P3P a bit, so it's not as offensive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom