• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread: The Butterfly Effect

Status
Not open for further replies.

PK Gaming

Just finished (watching) "The Answer"

Overall, I enjoyed it. It was monotonous at times, and there were some things I didn't agree with, but overall the experience was worth it. I mean one of my burning questions after finish P3 was "what happens to group now?" and the Answer fully explains that for me with a satisfying conclusion. Seeing Aigis get a happy ending made me really happy. Collectively, Persona 3: FES is just amazing. I'm lucky to have been able to play 2 great games in a row, Atlus truly is a one of a kind company huh. Fingers crossed for a fantastic Persona 5 game :]

Now onto to Persona 4: Arena!!!

If I could afford it... :(

EDIT: Aigis totally says "Hasta la vista"

XD

Jintor

I don't know where my scanner went, and this is probably Dantis' fault. Have a shitty cel-cam shot.

xspTqPr.jpg

Levito

Banned
Hey guys, with regard to what Levito mentioned, would you be willing to donate some fan art for the podcast site? We'll be redoing the banners, icons, and whatnot as the Levito preps the iTunes launch.

I'd love to get some things from you guys (especially Jintor and Dantis) as I make the new graphics:

1. Persona 1 Character Art
  2. Persona 2 Character Art
  3. Persona 3 Character Art
  4. Persona 4 Character Art

So with your consent, please donate some art! Please post here, or PM to me :)

Quoting for the new page.

Kinda have to be THAT GUY, but are there any alternatives to itunes? I'd prefer something else as I do not want that infesting my computer. I mean I'm not saying DON'T use it, but upload it elsewhere as well.

If it's on RSS then of course you'll be ableto listen to it elsewhere, which is what I'm planning.

When is the next episode?

not this coming weekend, but the weekend after.

Will have episode 3 up soonish, would kind of like to launch it with the itunes functionality.

Squire

Banned
not this coming weekend, but the weekend after.

Will have episode 3 up soonish, would kind of like to launch it with the itunes functionality.

Is episode 3 going to be the one tackling mysticism or are you guys doing something else in between that?

The events still happen, so you don't lose anything literally. But compare one certain scene in portable to the Fes counterpart, and tell me that's it's fine. It really really isn't. For someone experiencing the story for the first time, I'd rather them be hit with the full weight of a scene, not just text on a screen. :\

I knew I was playing an inferior game the moment I didn't see Fuuka's model in the bellyvibrator scene.

I don't mean to stir the whole dumb SMT vs. Persona debate but this image had me rolling:

"I want to fuck Akihiko" lmao.

Buddha did you make this? :p

This is hilarious though, and sadly I have heard the term Proswagonist too much... and I really don't like it.

But who doesn't want to fuck Akihiko/make sure their waifus are treated well?

That one was sarcasm.

Buddha did you make this? :p

This is hilarious though, and sadly I have heard the term Proswagonist too much... and I really don't like it.

But who doesn't want to fuck Akihiko/make sure their waifus are treated well?

That one was sarcasm.

Naw son but I was around for it's conception. it comes frome the Megaten/SMT General topic on /vg/ on 4chan. It was a joke but there is some bad blood between them. A few months ago they split and now there is Megaten General and Persona General. silly thing is that Persona continues to get discussed in Megaten General, while Persona General continues to exist. The whole thing is rather stupid and silly. You wouldn't want to Go there anyways.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Naw son but I was around for it's conception. it comes frome the Megaten/SMT General topic on /vg/ on 4chan. It was a joke but there is some bad blood between them. A few months ago they split and now there is Megaten General and Persona General. silly thing is that Persona continues to get discussed in Megaten General, while Persona General continues to exist. The whole thing is rather stupid and silly. You wouldn't want to Go there anyways.

This explains everything. You didn't even have to go any further.

Trigger

/vg/ is an awful place for the most part. I stick to GAF for gaming discussions these days.

cj_iwakura

/vg/ is an awful place for the most part. I stick to GAF for gaming discussions these days.

I frequent /smtg, mostly because some fantastic art comes from there. There's a few crazies as to be expected, and some jerks who like to randomly post spoilers, but it has its charms. It's the only part of the site I can handle.

The Persona General isn't bad either.

Hey guys, I need your halp on Persona 3 Portable...
So I have 14 Days before I fight Nyx, and here's what's going on-
My team consists of:
Lv.73 MC
Lv.69 Yukari
Lv.67 Junpei
Lv.66 Akihiko
and my Personas are
Lv.73 Cybele
Lv.61 Thor
Lv.48 Titania (I'm getting rid of her asap)
Lv.66 Raphael
Lv.51 Dionysus
Lv.70 Garuda
Lv.60 Narisimha

I know I don't stand a chance against Nyx right now but I need some advice please c:

Meia

For persona 3, I always went a magic heavy route. Meaning, have a persona capable of mind charging, have a few of the severe level magic abilities(Norn - Wind, Surt - Fire, Odin - Lightning), and try to pump up their magic attribute as high as possible. One really good healing persona with no weaknesses helps a lot too. Akihiko means you never have to worry about debuffs on the boss, so you may want a persona capable of using good party wide buffs. Only thing then to worry about would be just preparation. I never fought Nyx without being able to kill the Reaper, so I just always used that as a good measuring stick.

Brings me to something else I've been thinking about: Is it just me, or did Persona 3 kind of emphasize magic power, while Persona 4 kind of did the same with physical? To me, I never really used physical abilities much in p3 as magical ones seemed so much more powerful, and the opposite was true in 4. Most party's I see that power through the optional boss of 4 use all the physical attackers to great effect(Kanji/Chie/Yosuke/MC with Yoshitsune).

Trigger

I don't think I've read Persona General. I might need to correct that mistake.

Brings me to something else I've been thinking about: Is it just me, or did Persona 3 kind of emphasize magic power, while Persona 4 kind of did the same with physical? To me, I never really used physical abilities much in p3 as magical ones seemed so much more powerful, and the opposite was true in 4. Most party's I see that power through the optional boss of 4 use all the physical attackers to great effect(Kanji/Chie/Yosuke/MC with Yoshitsune).

Hmm, I'd say the reverse. P3 had multiple physical types and weakness to match, so there was more strategy in which physical attacks you used in combat. P4 dropped them for whatever odd reason, so there's less strategy involved there.

Meia

Yeah, but it's kind of like vagrant story: Different types that don't amount to much more than making a system overly more complicated for the sake of doing so.

P4 just seemed to have much stronger physical attacks, while magical ones in the game didn't have the same oomph they did in 3. Then again, another of my problems with 4 was the personas themselves weren't as distinct. Not sure why Odin for example is considered the ultimate wind one of 4...

3 I can rattle off which ones I always had, and breezed through the game with at the end. 4 I can say Yoshitsune and Trumpeter, and the list kind of just stops there for me.

Wii Tank

Hey guys, I need your halp on Persona 3 Portable...
So I have 14 Days before I fight Nyx, and here's what's going on-
My team consists of:
Lv.73 MC
Lv.69 Yukari
Lv.67 Junpei
Lv.66 Akihiko
and my Personas are
Lv.73 Cybele
Lv.61 Thor
Lv.48 Titania (I'm getting rid of her asap)
Lv.66 Raphael
Lv.51 Dionysus
Lv.70 Garuda
Lv.60 Narisimha

I know I don't stand a chance against Nyx right now but I need some advice please c:

Just grind out a few more levels on the MC and get some higher level personas and you should be fine. I easily beat the final boss with a mid 70's MC

Jintor

Yeah, but it's kind of like vagrant story: Different types that don't amount to much more than making a system overly more complicated for the sake of doing so.

Oh, i don't know. I liked pierce/smashing/slash because it meant you had to manage your loadout and characters more.

Sophia

P4's system trivialized physical attacks. Every physical attack in P4 was underpowered. Unless it was overpowered. The removal of the different categories also meant you couldn't tell which attack did what, as a lot of them had the same description.

P4's system trivialized physical attacks. Every physical attack in P4 was underpowered. Unless it was overpowered. The removal of the different categories also meant you couldn't tell which attack did what, as a lot of them had the same description.

Yeah, I always found it kind of funny that God Hand and Primal Force had the same description even though they're very different attacks (IIRC, God Hand has a base power of 130% of the HP used and has a 30% chance to crit, while Primal Force has a base power of 180% of the HP used but with a lower crit chance).

Yeah, I always found it kind of funny that God Hand and Primal Force had the same description even though they're very different attacks (IIRC, God Hand has a base power of 130% of the HP used and has a 30% chance to crit, while Primal Force has a base power of 180% of the HP used but with a lower crit chance).

Few people know about Black Spot's 25% crit rate, combined with Chie's crit up skills, creates like a (in my experience) 75% chance of critical hitting.

PK Gaming

Few people know about Black Spot's 25% crit rate, combined with Chie's crit up skills, creates like a (in my experience) 75% chance of critical hitting.

add in Revolution (or Rebellion) and you have a fracas on your hand ♪

she's one of the best gold hand killer in the game for that reason imo

BTW, I'm absolutely in love with Mass Destruction and Burn my Dread. Why are those songs so gooood...

Meia

It's weird. For the last year, I've had nothing on my ipod but various persona songs, and I never really get bored of them. The only thing that changes is what song I listen on repeat. :p

First time playing through persona 4, I dumped chie's crit skill pretty fast, even though I used her the whole game. Only with golden did I find out how dumb of an idea that was.

I do wish for the future, the actual parameters of the physical skills was more obvious. Not sure how they could do that in game though and have it look right, but constantly going to a wiki was a pita.

Mass Destruction is my "exam" song. Whenever I'm writing an exam, I listen to it on loop for 2 hours straight :D

You are doing it wrong by not doing it to this

I bet since the gap between Black Spot and Rainy Death made it seem like Rainy Death was obsolete in a few levels due to God's Hand, but Rainy Death has a far higher crit rate than God's Hand. It was meant to replace Black Spot, and it's the fault of the very limited phys attack descriptions that people do not notice this.

Jintor

You're not thinking geometrically enough. 'S not like three dots make the rectangle, they just connect it

What it means though I don't have a clue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom