• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread: The Butterfly Effect

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, that is correct.

FES would be the ideal option because you get all that swanky presentation that is lost due to the PSP's lack of power, but in your case, it's fine. Plus FemMC is better anyway.

Really I think the FES VS P3P thing depends if the person cares more about gameplay or story.

Cheddahz

Banned
Yes, that is correct.

FES would be the ideal option because you get all that swanky presentation that is lost due to the PSP's lack of power, but in your case, it's fine. Plus FemMC is better anyway.

So I've heard and honestly, I have so many classes at school now that we don't do jack in, so having the portable version of P3 will be the most ideal thing, as I actually will have something to do now

Really I think the FES VS P3P thing depends if the person cares more about gameplay or story.

I prefer gameplay over story and I understand that P3P doesn't include The Answer, but I could honestly just read up on it on the internet or something

cj_iwakura

So I've heard and honestly, I have so many classes at school now that we don't do jack in, so having the portable version of P3 will be the most ideal thing, as I actually will have something to do now

I prefer gameplay over story and I understand that P3P doesn't include The Answer, but I could honestly just read up on it on the internet or something
Then you really should play The Answer, because it has the toughest challenges of all.

Just got to the final boss of Answer again, and
it's true, Akihiko/Ken is still the toughest fight. Funny about that.

Meia

It is definitely a gameplay vs. story thing. Unfortunately, scenes lose most emotional impact because of portable's horrid way of handling things, but oh well.

Annoying is how the game handled the first moon shadow, doing an "in battle" cutscene, and it's the only time it does that. The fighting models exist for the other characters with later scenes, expected them to use that again for ONE scene in particular, but no, graphic novel format. :\

Not only is the answer missing, P3P has no cutscenes or character models acting out what happens, and most scenes, for the most part, are just shown with portraits and text. For some, this is no big deal, for others, it is a big fault.

cjkeats

I got plenty of emotional impact from P3P. I have an imagination.

Cheddahz, You are perfectly okay with P3P it was the way I played it the first time, don't feel like you made the wrong choice ordering it.

I got plenty of emotional impact from P3P. I have an imagination.

Cheddahz, You are perfectly okay with P3P it was the way I played it the first time, don't feel like you made the wrong choice ordering it.

Oh no, don't get me wrong, while I feel FES is better for me personally, both are valid. I don't get why some people act like P3P is a crime against humanity.

Meia

It's a crime against storytelling. :p

The events still happen, so you don't lose anything literally. But compare one certain scene in portable to the Fes counterpart, and tell me that's it's fine. It really really isn't. For someone experiencing the story for the first time, I'd rather them be hit with the full weight of a scene, not just text on a screen. :\

Then again, I do find the problems people had with the AI largely exaggerated too. It's rough in the early months, I can concede that, but once you get enough strategies for the others, then it's just something else to manage.

I know the scene you're talking about, and my roommate still cried when he was playing through Portable as his first P3 version.

It still has weight, and there's nothing to compare it to if P3P is your first P3 experience.

cjkeats

I plan on watching Trinity Soul really soon for the podcast.

Oh no, don't get me wrong, while I feel FES is better for me personally, both are valid. I don't get why some people act like P3P is a crime against humanity.

The only thing I really feel like I missed were the animated scenes. Other than that, it's worth it for the gameplay, especially for a first timer, or someone going back from 4.

Although I think a lot of the opinion goes towards which ever you played first.

PK Gaming

So I just sketched this up. Can anyone tell who/what it's a picture of?

Wow, that's a really, really, really, cute drawing of Aigis.

Do you think you can fully colour it at a later point in time?

I'm almost done the watching a playthrough of "The Answer." Haha, I can see why some of you guys dislike the gameplay, its VERY repetitive, and there aren't any social links to break up the monotonous gameplay. I still enjoy the story, and I adore the fact that Aigis is the main character of this story.

EDIT: As a P3P player, the ending still hit me hard.

Cheddahz

Banned
It still has weight, and there's nothing to compare it to if P3P is your first P3 experience.

Well actually...I maybe played ten hours of FES, but I ended up getting busy with school and I lost track. I feel as if P3P is probably the best way to restart my adventure

cj_iwakura

You can not make up what just happened. Last sliver of HP, almighty attack, Aigis knocked down, it uses its final attack, everyone takes 600+, dead.

Levito

Banned
I already posted that the podcast has it's own blogspace now, and Armada suggested we dress it up with fan art from the community. Which I thought was a really great idea, the podcast is all about the community after all!

So would any of you artists be willing to help us out?

Episode 3 went really well BTW, I'm going to get it up in the coming days.

Dantis

humanaigis.png

So at a certain point, I have to say "I have spent enough time on this today". I really feel like the way I draw these pictures must be mega inefficient, because I've spenty something like four and a half hours on that now and I haven't even started on the colouring. I also need to fix her hand.

Anywho, I think it's coming along nicely.

I already posted that the podcast has it's own blogspace now, and Armada suggested we dress it up with fan art from the community. Which I thought was a really great idea, the podcast is all about the community after all!

So would any of you artists be willing to help us out?

Episode 3 went really well BTW, I'm going to get it up in the coming days.

Armada does some pretty decent fanart himself, to be honest. What exactly are you looking for?

Dantis

have you considered varying the line weight, especially in the clothing folds.

I have, but I always forget to actually do it. I did it in the first piece of fanart that I did, but every one after that has just been a quick thing to work on when I was bored. I might do it again for this picture, if I can remember to.

PK Gaming

So at a certain point, I have to say "I have spent enough time on this today". I really feel like the way I draw these pictures must be mega inefficient, because I've spenty something like four and a half hours on that now and I haven't even started on the colouring. I also need to fix her hand.

you have no idea how happy this post makes me

i hope i'm not getting on your nerves but this constant brown-nosing, but I REALLY like that aigis drawing (almost disturbingly so, she's just too cute damnit).

i can't wait to see the completed version

Meia

Went from thinking I had to pay $500 in taxes to getting back $120. Devil Survivor here I come!

Blame the anime.

And that Aigis drawing is simply superb. :D

Levito

Banned
Armada does some pretty decent fanart himself, to be honest. What exactly are you looking for?

Looking for original art to use as the page background and header image, as well as show cards for itunes, that sort of thing! just trying to make the page have more visual flair.

Meia

What made you think you had to pay? o_O

History. Every year I pay at least $300 federal for some reason. Taxes increased this year on a weekly basis, figured the end point would jump as well, not decrease for some inexplicable reason. Was expecting $400 at minimum, luck is exceptionally bad finance wise so figured $500.

Christmas came early. :p

Hey guys, with regard to what Levito mentioned, would you be willing to donate some fan art for the podcast site? We'll be redoing the banners, icons, and whatnot as the Levito preps the iTunes launch.

I'd love to get some things from you guys (especially Jintor and Dantis) as I make the new graphics:

1. Persona 1 Character Art
  2. Persona 2 Character Art
  3. Persona 3 Character Art
  4. Persona 4 Character Art

So with your consent, please donate some art! Please post here, or PM to me :)

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Hey guys, with regard to what Levito mentioned, would you be willing to donate some fan art for the podcast site? We'll be redoing the banners, icons, and whatnot as the Levito preps the iTunes launch.

Kinda have to be THAT GUY, but are there any alternatives to itunes? I'd prefer something else as I do not want that infesting my computer. I mean I'm not saying DON'T use it, but upload it elsewhere as well.

History. Every year I pay at least $300 federal for some reason. Taxes increased this year on a weekly basis, figured the end point would jump as well, not decrease for some inexplicable reason. Was expecting $400 at minimum, luck is exceptionally bad finance wise so figured $500.

Christmas came early. :p

Now I'm curious as to what you do lol.

Tic-Tac-Toe Three Chie's in a row!

cjkeats

Kinda have to be THAT GUY, but are there any alternatives to itunes? I'd prefer something else as I do not want that infesting my computer. I mean I'm not saying DON'T use it, but upload it elsewhere as well.

I'm sure he can still upload it to Soundcloud/YouTube so you can keep being a hipster. lol
<3

Now I'm curious as to what you do lol.

Tic-Tac-Toe Three Chie's in a row!

Yeah I think that you'll be able to download the mp3 directly from the RSS.

Trust me, if you weren't THAT GUY, I gladly would have been. I don't have itunes and don't plan on getting it lol

i was doodling reiji and then i realized hands and legs are hardi had some let's plays to watch so i decided to call it a night. and possibly day, because i doubt i will ever come back and try to work on it.

also someone (dantis, jintor, others) do a piece that uses the high contrast coloration that the p3p stuff did:
noIo4a5.jpg

cj_iwakura

I'd love to get some things from you guys (especially Jintor and Dantis) as I make the new graphics:

1. Persona 1 Character Art
  2. Persona 2 Character Art
  3. Persona 3 Character Art
  4. Persona 4 Character Art

So with your consent, please donate some art! Please post here, or PM to me :)

I'm sure everyone will have 3 & 4 covered, but I have lots of P1/P2 art on my desktop.

Here's a starter:

(Trish, P1 version)

Why isn't she in 3? Wasted opportunity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom