• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread: The Butterfly Effect

Status
Not open for further replies.
if anyone needs me i'll be sobbing in a corner

this is you:
9Yr6Zs7.gif

Kind of, but not really.

First time I had a strong feeling of impending Persona news on a certain day, it ended up being the Persona 4 Golden and Persona 4 Arena announcements.

Second time it ended up being a pre-order bonus for P4A in Europe and, a day later, Persona 3 The Movie #1 news.

If I do have a Persona news sensor, it's not indicating anything for the moment, but some news regarding anything sure would be cool.

Unless you're talking about the release of Super Black Bass 3D or something.

Meia

Well, it is the first tuesday after persona 4 arena finally becomes available to Europe. At best it's probably just an arena 2 announcement. Probably.

Or character DLC. That'd work too.

FluxWaveZ

Haven't you been right with the past two or three hunches you've had?

I'll mark it on my calender.

Haha, I'm no Nostradamus or anything. The first prediction I had had concerning a date for Persona news was before I had an account here and lo and behold, the date I had predicted ended up being the P4G and P4A announcements.

The second time I had a feeling was here where I thought something would be up on the 26th of March. Ended up being something small, but still being something with the P4A Europe Limited Edition vinyl announcement. There was also the Persona 3 The Movie #1 official announcement the very next day.

If I hit it this time, I have a special power.

PK Gaming

i'm just trying to steal the limelight from dantis-kun

i've been your #1 fan since my days in the VLR thread!

I love your art (in fact, I was wondering if you could avatar-ize some of your drawings, like that Phi-in-sunglasses drawing).

BTW, Yukari is a total badass in the answer. That win pose...

You know, Metis's helmet thing looks like a doo rag! Someone should draw Metis with a doo rag lmao

Squire

Banned
Haha, I'm no Nostradamus or anything. The first prediction I had had concerning a date for Persona news was before I had an account here and lo and behold, the date I had predicted ended up being the P4G and P4A announcements.

The second time I had a feeling was here where I thought something would be up on the 26th of March. Ended up being something small, but still being something with the P4A Europe Limited Edition vinyl announcement. There was also the Persona 3 The Movie #1 official announcement the very next day.

If I hit it this time, I have a special power.

So why do you say May 14th?

I can't believe we're doing this.

FluxWaveZ

i've been your #1 fan since my days in the VLR thread!

I love your art (in fact, I was wondering if you could avatar-ize some of your drawings, like that Phi-in-sunglasses drawing).

Oh shit, Jintor was the creator of stuff like this?
tumblr_mcxxjyIXAk1ql51lgo1_500.gif

Remember seeing that when I lurked these forums. Love it.

So why do you say May 14th?

I can't believe we're doing this.

The exact same reason I had for the two other dates: no reason whatsoever, heh.

cj_iwakura

Speaking of gifs, I want one of the guy in the king robes dancing from this for P5's announcement.
(I think it's Wade, don't quote me on that.)

He's just so happy.

Levito

Banned
So we're recording the podcast again tonight, in about 2 hours in fact. Topic is going to be LGBT themes/ongoing discussion in Persona and Atlus games in general. Shidoshi will be joining us for this one too!

So I was thinking we should be taking questions from the community to get more people involved. So, does anyone have any questions for tonights topic?

cj_iwakura

So we're recording the podcast again tonight, in about 2 hours in fact. Topic is going to be LGBT themes/ongoing discussion in Persona and Atlus games in general.

The website is nearly ready, will be linking to it once Episode 3 is ready to go.

Can I try again tonight? I'd love to participate in that discussion.

Sophia

So we're recording the podcast again tonight, in about 2 hours in fact. Topic is going to be LGBT themes/ongoing discussion in Persona and Atlus games in general. Shidoshi will be joining us for this one too!

So I was thinking we should be taking questions from the community to get more people involved. So, does anyone have any questions for tonights topic?

If you're covering LGBT themes, make sure you cover Jun from Persona 2, as well as Catherine and not merely just Persona 4.

Jintor

My question is a little difficult to articulate, but I would like to know if the panellists think that the decision to initially present certain characters as struggling with LGBT issues placed an onus of sorts on Atlus to follow-up on those issues, either in-game or elsewhere in their future franchises.

Further to that, I'd like to know to what extent they believe LGBT issues are becoming normalised in gaming.

Levito

Banned
If you're covering LGBT themes, make sure you cover Jun from Persona 2, as well as Catherine and not merely just Persona 4.

OOh don't worry, we certainly aren't just talking about P4. P3, P2, and Catherine are all on the table as well.

Can I try again tonight? I'd love to participate in that discussion.

Sure CJ, make sure you're Skype and everything is working beforehand though. Really don't want the recording to muck up.

We're recording at 8PM PST(11PM EST)

Also, here's the Podcast's website, still very a much a work in progress, but it's coming.

cj_iwakura

OOh don't worry, we certainly aren't just talking about P4. P3, P2, and Catherine are all on the table as well.

Sure CJ, make sure you're Skype and everything is working beforehand though. Really don't want the recording to muck up.

We're recording at 8PM PST(11PM EST)
Check Skype when able. :p

I should be good today.

Meia

I'm more annoyed that all of my friends figured out the twists long before the game came to an end. Beginning to wonder if I'm just not as observant as I used to think I was...

PK Gaming

the DS2 anime totally snubs joe

he doesn't even appear in the first episode (Sunday) despite being a prominent character on that day.

i'm sad guys, Joe is my favorite DS2 character:(

Dantis

Clearly its a human Labrys you just wanted to draw her again without people knowing

This is exactly right. It's actually a picture of what Labrys would look like if she was human and had Aigis' features and hairstyle.

You know me too well!

Did you use the P3 ending as a reference sketch? Or did you do it without any references? Either way, that's awesome!!!!

Would love to see it colored.

Thanks! :D

I used various pictures as reference (But didn't think of using that one, funnily enough). Main ones were the Arena portrait and the picture you use as your avatar. My copy of Soejima Art Works is actually starting to fall apart now because I've looked at it so much, which is both kind of hilarious and terrible.

I'm planning to finish it up by the end of the day, assuming I can be bothered, so I should be able to post a finished version tonight. ;)

Cheddahz

Banned
Well, I'm finally going to get back into Persona, as I ordered P3P (I played some of P3FES, but I heard the battle system in P3P resembles that of P4)

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Well, I'm finally going to get back into Persona, as I ordered P3P (I played some of P3FES, but I heard the battle system in P3P resembles that of P4)

Yes, that is correct.

FES would be the ideal option because you get all that swanky presentation that is lost due to the PSP's lack of power, but in your case, it's fine. Plus FemMC is better anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom