• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread: The Butterfly Effect

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meia

Hey, at least ME tried doing the SLink things during the games. Why people gave more of a crap about those characters. Amazing how that works.

Forgot about the 3 MC thing. Would have to go Yukiko as Elizabeth then. It just works, in a few different ways(intelligence, sense of humor sometimes, even the hair thing kind of based on which version you do). Plus the bird in a cage thing Elizabeth has going on? How could it be anyone else? :p

Necrovex

Are you anti Western games? What about those who lament persona making their shin megami tensei icky?

I was joking, I adore Mass Effect 3 (bar ending), and Bioshock Infinite. I haven't jumped in this thread for awhile, so when I decided to see it again, I was slammed with ME3 and Bioshock talk, which I didn't expect in a Persona thread (since I don't recall that happening in the P4G thread, well at least when I was there).

I was joking, I adore Mass Effect 3 (bar ending), and Bioshock Infinite. I haven't jumped in this thread for awhile, so when I decided to see it again, I was slammed with ME3 and Bioshock talk, which I didn't expect in a Persona thread (since I don't recall that happening in the P4G thread, well at least when I was there).

Lol it's all good, I guess it's true that sarcasm is harder to read on the net

Dantis

Well, the Bioshock talk is just because I thought it would be neat to draw a picture of the Persona characters in the Bioshock universe. Narukami as Booker and one of the P4 ladies as Elizabeth.

EDIT: I've only just seen Jello's new avatar.

It scares me.

Necrovex

Well, the Bioshock talk is just because I thought it would be neat to draw a picture of the Persona characters in the Bioshock universe. Narukami as Booker and one of the P4 ladies as Elizabeth.

EDIT: I've only just seen Jello's new avatar.

It scares me.

That explains it. Actually, it would be curious to see the P4 cast adapted to Bioshock's art style. You know what would be an interesting art style, Dantis? Every Persona 4 character being adapted into Miku art. :-D

Also:

lXcfIEq.jpg
]

When I saw this picture, I was hit by a heavy dose of Steins;Gate feelings. Anyone who finished that VN should understand why this happened.

Dantis

Make Elizabeth Aigis. :D

No more robots for a while! :p

That explains it. Actually, it would be curious to see the P4 cast adapted to Bioshock's art style. You know what would be an interesting art style, Dantis? Every Persona 4 character being adapted into Miku art. :-D

Also:
When I saw this picture, I was hit by a heavy dose of Steins;Gate feelings. Anyone who finished that VN should understand why this happened.

I think it's a stretch to call anything Miku-related 'art'. ;)

Also, I still need to play Steins;Gate. Did you ever finish it all?

Necrovex

Grrrrrr! One day, I will send you a Miku plushe.

And I completed Steins;Gate. It is getting my LTTP GOTY '13. The final piece of art is wallpaper worthy.

People still think that Kanji is gay?

Interesting.

I dunno, man. I think that his voice actor probably has more credibility than any analysis we can do on his character and actions.

Anyway; I'm excited to see your Infinite art. It's probably my favourite game so far this year, and Kanji's my favourite character from 4 :)

Marche90

Swing by the VN thread. Three people have finished it recently and posted impressions.

Ande yeah, I totally get what you mentioned, Necro. We just need a certain character on the other side of the picture and we're set ;)

Dantis

Grrrrrr! One day, I will send you a Miku plushe.

And I completed Steins;Gate. It is getting my LTTP GOTY '13. The final piece of art is wallpaper worthy.

I'll definitely give it a look when I get the chance. I think I'm just waiting for a game release dry-spell. These last few months have had too many games that I want to play, haha.

Another possibility is making Elizabeth.... well.... Elizabeth? >_>;

*shrug*

I dunno, I'll figure it out. I kinda want to stick with a P4 character, but then again... I dunno.

Only had a bit of time to work on drawing like I said so a 30 min job is gonna have to do for now, if you're interested in the sketchy drawings:

http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l164/NintendoGamefreak/Shadow_Yukiko_001_zps7156e8cf.jpg
Rough paint job: http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l164/NintendoGamefreak/Shadow_Yukiko_002_zps13762c8d.png

Decided to go with Shadow Yukiko, posted links so they don't clutter up the page.

Looks cool! You've got some great perspective on there too.

Indeed it was. About the Kanji thing, isn't the word of god that it's ambiguous and what you make it out to be?

Yup. Personally, I feel like people make it into too much of a thing.

Vexxan

So I love Persona 3/4 to death and I am thinking of sinking my teeth into the earlier stuff. I assume the PSP versions are the versions to get but I read as I understand it Persona 2 consists of two games but one of them is PS1-only? Or do you get the full package in the PSP version?

Omikaru

So I love Persona 3/4 to death and I am thinking of sinking my teeth into the earlier stuff. I assume the PSP versions are the versions to get but I read as I understand it Persona 2 consists of two games but one of them is PS1-only? Or do you get the full package in the PSP version?

PSP versions are indeed the way to go. After seeing the world map of Persona 1 on PSone, I died a little bit. PSP version is a whole cut above, for that reason alone.

As for Persona 2, it is indeed split into two games which you need to buy separately: Innocent Sin (PSP) and then Eternal Punishment (PSone). Both can be bought on the US PS Store, but Eternal Punishment for PSone hasn't been released in Europe. Yet.

Innocent Sin can only be played in English on PSP, as the original PSone version was never released in English. Eternal Punishment is the exact opposite; it was released in English on PSone, but the later PSP port has never found its way to America or Europe.

Nope, you only get Part 1 on PSP and Part 2 on PS1. You can get both on PSP and Vita tho, but its just a shame that we didnt get Part 2 with correct Persona 1 character name translations and the added Tatsuya Scenario stuff

Necrovex

I'll definitely give it a look when I get the chance. I think I'm just waiting for a game release dry-spell. These last few months have had too many games that I want to play, haha.

That's probably the best route. It took me 40 hours to complete Steins;Gate. Have you seen the anime? If not, I suggest you avoid it and go into this game free of anime spoilers.

Just remember that Persona 1 and 2 are extremely different from 3/4. I played Persona 2 this summer, and I hated the dungeons and battle mechanics. The writing was top-notch, but I nearly quit several times because of that gameplay.

Both Persona 2 games are on the PSP. However unless you understand Japanese and import Eternal Sin, then the best route is the play Innocent Sin (the first Persona 2) on the PSP, and get Eternal Sin on the PSN market, which is the PS1 version.

Joqu

Nope, you only get Part 1 on PSP and Part 2 on PS1. You can get both on PSP and Vita tho, but its just a shame that we didnt get Part 2 with correct Persona 1 character name translations and the added Tatsuya Scenario stuff
I didn't know they added anything like that. I wonder if it's any good.

Venfayth

I'm really torn about Chidori. There's a lot that, theoretically, I like about her character. But there's something really off about her in the game that I can't really describe.
It's akin to when I found there's a way to save Shinjiro. Too fairy-tale endingish or something.

But that art is sweet!

Dantis

So, this is how I've spent my evening. Wasn't sure if it was worth posting, because it's so far from done, but I figured what the heck. I think, even though it's currently in a mega rough state, you can see the direction it'll take when it's done. In case it isn't obvious, it's the P4 cast dressed in the P3 character's casual winter clothes.

I thought it'd be fun to make some surprising decisions on who is wearing what, though I'm now wondering if Naoto wearing Yukari's outfit is too surprising? I dunno.

It's probably hard to tell who is wearing what because it's so rough and not coloured, so I'll just quickly reel them off. Narukami is Akihiko, Chie is FeMC, Yosuke is MC, Kanji is Junpei, Naoto is Yukari, Yukiko will be Fuuka (Can't tell at all yet), Rise is Mitsuru, Teddie is currently undecided. Possibly Ryoji.

Either way, I think it's cool. Hopefully some of you guys will do too.

That is beyond wonderful.

Kanji wearing Junpei's jacket and hat = Five Stars/A+/Four Stars (depending on your rating system).

The real question is who will wear Ken's hilariously baggy sweater?

Meia

Not to mention it would've been too close to the P4G P3 uniforms, which when worn by Chie does Yukari's pose and quotes. :p

Some pretty nice choices, especially love the Fuuka/Yukiko one. Priestess power go! :D

PK Gaming

I can't wait to see the completed image Dantis!

seriously, you guys know how much i love ensemble pictures

throw in some clothes swapping and... ♪

Takeba as Naoto was a nice touch. It isn't obvious, but Naoto looks a lot better in Yukari's attire than Chie would. (and you're right, Chie meshes well with FeMC's outfit)

Dantis

Not to mention it would've been too close to the P4G P3 uniforms, which when worn by Chie does Yukari's pose and quotes. :p

Some pretty nice choices, especially love the Fuuka/Yukiko one. Priestess power go! :D

Takeba as Naoto was a nice touch. It isn't obvious, but Naoto looks a lot better in Yukari's attire than Chie would. (and you're right, Chie meshes well with FeMC's outfit)

Pretty much. About a week ago I said I wanted to do this picture, and Buddha pointed out that someone has probably already done it, so I thought I'd mix it up. For some reason it feels more crass to draw Naoto in such a short skirt, but whatever.

I did. You would love it, the artwork is one of a kind.

Yeah, I really should give it a go. Necrovex posted a link to somewhere you can buy it online, so I'll probably pick it up some time over the next couple of months. EP is probably going to be my next purchase, planning to get that over the next week sometime.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
I like most of the casual outfits more, particularly the FeMC, MC and Junpei ones. And if Chie was dressed like Yukari, she couldn't be dressed like FeMC. ;)

FemMC's casual winter outfit is awesome.

But I like Yukari's sweater too. >_>

PK Gaming

You Scored as 0 - The Fool

Fool.png

The Fool is the most complex and most contradictory of all the Tarot cards. "I am not a number, I am a free man". The Fool represents naivety and childlike innocence - yet the Fool is wise. He carries only what possessions he really needs He journeys through life, tasting everything it has to offer then letting it go and moving on. The Fool is a risk taker, often shown with one foot over a cliff showing us every new beginning has a risk. Whether the Fool represents opportunity or danger one thing is clear: this world needs more fools.

OH. MY. GOD. I've got the wild card ability! i've always felt a strong connection to this arcana (i always use Fool Persona, and the ability to switch between/use multiple Persona's is one of the main reasons why I love Yu, Aigis and Makoto Yuki(M/F) so much.) The best part? I DO take a lot of risks, and I'm super thankful for the freedom I have haha.

In other words

GET TO MY LEVEL, I'M THE TEAM LEADER!!

Persona_4_Protagonists_Wild_Card.png

OH. MY. GOD. I've got the wild card ability! i've always felt a strong connection to this arcana (i always use Fool Persona, and the ability to switch between/use multiple Persona's is one of the main reasons why I love Yu, Aigis and Makoto Yuki(M/F) so much. The best part? I DO take a lot of risks, and I'm super thankful for the freedom I have.

In other words

GET TO MY LEVEL, I'M THE TEAM LEADER

Persona_4_Protagonists_Wild_Card.png

If you're the Fool, and I'm your clone and of the Death Arcana...

PERSONA 3 SPOILERS

But in my preferred game, The Fool was just rare persona territory and not (in my opinion) a weird way to make the mc better than everyone else and make them too dependent on the mc :(

Marche90

^Buddha being buddha :p

Dantis, nice drawings, although, yeah, it's kinda hard to figure out who's who, since details are missing. Has the potential to be awesome, though. Kinda surprised with the choice of outfits, tbh, although not following what one could consider 'usual' is something that I totally expect from you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom