• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread: The Butterfly Effect

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mass Effect does a dumb thing where it makes a previously straight character in Kaiden Alenko randomly gay in 3 if you are gay. Not the proper way to do it. Yet, it also does a good version (mostly, dudes a little too heavy handed in his "I lost my husband" spheel) in Cortez.

FluxWaveZ

Mass Effect does a dumb thing where it makes a previously straight character in Kaiden Alenko randomly gay in 3 if you are gay. Not the proper way to do it. Yet, it also does a good version (mostly, dudes a little too heavy handed in his "I lost my husband" spheel) in Cortez.

I'm pretty sure male Shepard can't have a relationship with Kaidan... right?

Wrong. That's so weird, but I guess it's not too bad since I'm not sure he was established as straight in ME1 or 2.

PK Gaming

I'm pretty sure male Shepard can't have a relationship with Kaidan... right?

Wrong. That's so weird, but I guess it's not too bad since I'm not sure he was established as straight in ME1 or 2.

Actually, they intended for male shepards to romance kaiden, but the option was removed in the final version. It's still in the games data (but mostly incomplete). You can find a video of it on youtube; as for why they removed it? It's beyond me :S

Trigger

tumblr_mhxnps6I5P1ruhjpfo1_500.png

I cannot stand how cute everything in this picture is.

Squire

Banned

Cortez is easily the best gay character in a game yet.

and Tatsuya...?

I never got his sexuality. Is he conditionally gay (as in, he's gay if you date Jun) or is he a bisexual. Schroedinger sexuality?

If FeMC is Shroedinger's character, then that's not out of the question.

I still think Kanji is homosexual though, based on his dialogue upon completing his S. Link and some very interesting interviews of Troy Baker, and that's okay. I love Kanji. He's my favourite P4 character, and my second-favourite character in the series.

I would still be a fan of him regardless of his sexuality though.

PK Gaming

If FeMC is Shroedinger's character, then that's not out of the question.

I still think Kanji is homosexual though, based on his dialogue upon completing his S. Link and some very interesting interviews of Troy Baker, and that's okay. I love Kanji. He's my favourite P4 character, and my second-favourite character in the series.

I would still be a fan of him regardless of his sexuality though.

I think he's bisexual or gay, but mostly leaning towards bisexual, because he's shown canon interest in towards both of the sexes

for women:
-when he nosebled upon seeing chie and yukiko in a bikini
-naoto

for men:
-blushing when yosuke asked him to bike him home and then saying "oh-ho, up close and personal huh, senpai!" (or something like that)
-the exchange between him & drag queen Yu
-i think you can compliment him and he ends up blushing
-naoto

I love this

maybe I fetish for ensembles... I really get excited when I see a bunch of characters together, regardless of the context

i bet he's sleeping XD

cj_iwakura

I thought Tatsuya's was straight, going from Eternal Punishment. Guess it's up to the player in Innocent Sin, though.

Pretty much. We talk about this in the LGBT podcast whenever it goes up.

Kaneko thinks him and Jun have the most chemistry because 'Maya is too scatter-brained and Lisa is too clingy'.

I'm on Team Maya, but that's personal preference; even I have to admit Jun and Tatsuya have a spark.

Squire

Banned
Pretty much. We talk about this in the LGBT podcast whenever it goes up.

Kaneko thinks him and Jun have the most chemistry because 'Maya is too scatter-brained and Lisa is too clingy'.

I'm on Team Maya, but that's personal preference; even I have to admit Jun and Tatsuya have a spark.

Yeah, whenever it goes up. Oh, Levito!

Also, damn Kaneko. Maya on blast. He basically called her a chicken head, haha!

S'all good, I like Maya. Man, I should revisit P2.

PK Gaming

no canon, both satomi tadashi and kaneko like him with jun apperently

so if he's one of the few lead "gay" characters, then why hasn't he gotten more exposure?!?

I haven't played P2 yet, but this guy should be at the top of those "the best gay/bisexual character in gaming) lists, especially considering he isn't stereotyped.

Tatsuya needs more love :V

so if he's one of the few lead "gay" characters, then why hasn't he gotten more exposure?!?

I haven't played P2 yet, but this guy should be at the top of those "the best gay/bisexual character in gaming) lists, especially considering he isn't stereotyped.

because Persona 2

I think he's bisexual or gay, but mostly leaning towards bisexual, because he's shown canon interest in towards both of the sexes

for women:
-when he nosebled upon seeing chie and yukiko in a bikini
-naoto

for men:
-blushing when yosuke asked him to bike him home and then saying "oh-ho, up close and personal huh, senpai!" (or something like that)
-the exchange between him & drag queen Yu
-i think you can compliment him and he ends up blushing
-naoto

He says something along the lines of "That other me... my shadow. It's who I really am; and I've got to stop running from it" during his Rank 10 event, which makes me think of that second camp.

Plus this interview with Troy Baker (his VA) seems pretty solid, as apparently the game's voice director (an employee of ATLUS, for the record) told him up front that Kanji is homosexual, but that he should downplay it due to it being a touchy subject in North America.

Also, anime men also get a nosebleed upon seeing pretty women, even if they're not attracted to them ;)

FluxWaveZ

Jun? It's because Jun sucks.

PK Gaming

Jun? It's because Jun sucks.

no Tatsuya

He says something along the lines of "That other me... my shadow. It's who I really am; and I've got to stop running from it" during his Rank 10 event, which makes me think of that second camp.

Plus this interview with Troy Baker (his VA) seems pretty solid, as apparently the game's voice director (an employee of ATLUS, for the record) told him up front that Kanji is homosexual, but that he should downplay it due to it being a touchy subject in North America.

Also, anime men also get a nosebleed upon seeing pretty women, even if they're not attracted to them ;)

Fair point my good man

after all, he could have gotten those nosebleeds after seeing the guys :p

definitely going to watch that interview though!

no Tatsuya

Fair point my good man

after all, he could have gotten those nosebleeds after seeing the guys :p

definitely going to watch that interview though!

I only nabbed a clip of the relevant bit. You should definitely watch the entire thing though; it's a great look into the life of a voice actor (which I always wanted to be before succumbing to the realization that I have the most bland, boring voice ever).

PK Gaming

you da man! I'm going to nab some images too.

I only nabbed a clip of the relevant bit. You should definitely watch the entire thing though; it's a great look into the life of a voice actor (which I always wanted to be before succumbing to the realization that I have the most bland, boring voice ever).

absolutely!

I actually had the same exact dream at one point when I was younger (back when I was REALLY into anime). It didn't pan out (my voice sucks) but i'm happy that i'm able to enjoy voice work from really talented people :S

Meia

Rise makes probably the most sense I'd guess, though iirc you wanted her to be Lady Comstock, for obvious reasons.

Naoto's smart enough to, and is as socially aware as Elizabeth is, but would be embarrassed based on which version of Elizabeth it is.

...hrm, would a Margaret work? Marie might as well.

Still sticking with 4's cast for this?

Dantis

Rise makes probably the most sense I'd guess, though iirc you wanted her to be Lady Comstock, for obvious reasons.

Naoto's smart enough to, and is as socially aware as Elizabeth is, but would be embarrassed based on which version of Elizabeth it is.

...hrm, would a Margaret work? Marie might as well.

Still sticking with 4's cast for this?

Only having having four characters in the image: Booker, Elizabeth and the two Luteces. The options for Elizabeth would be Chie, Naoto or Yukiko (And Marie, I guess). I don't really care for Rise's design, so I'm not too interested in doing art of her.

Meia

Based on that, would almost have to be Yukiko/Chie as the Lutece twins, and maybe an embarrassed looking Naoto as Elizabeth(as you first find her). Yukiko as the female Lutece I could almost see working with her epilogue hairstyle, which leaves Chie with the male, though Naoto works in that too.

But Chie as Elizabeth? Dunno. I can see what the problem deciding this is now. :p

Dantis

Based on that, would almost have to be Yukiko/Chie as the Lutece twins, and maybe an embarrassed looking Naoto as Elizabeth(as you first find her). Yukiko as the female Lutece I could almost see working with her epilogue hairstyle, which leaves Chie with the male, though Naoto works in that too.

But Chie as Elizabeth? Dunno. I can see what the problem deciding this is now. :p

The P3MCs are the Luteces. Elizabeth can be any of the P4 ladies.

Necrovex

We are talking about Mass Effect and Bioshock in this Persona thread? Oh man, those western games are going to make our Persona icky.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom