• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread: The Butterfly Effect

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dantis

1728564-implied_facepalm.jpg

Are you getting it next Friday? A few guys on here want to play me, but I'm obviously just going to get whomped, so I'm going to get bored mega quickly. It would be nice to game on with someone else who isn't familiar with the game. Maybe I'll even be able to get some level of enjoyment out of it before I send it back!

I hate you. You know that?
:p

Please be excited.

Meia

We can have a noob lobby since I'm bad with fighting games too. :p

And love of Arena. It's just going to be pics of annoyance of it's year delay, with Kanji yelling GET BENT and the beef-bowl challenge, isn't it? :p

Dantis

PS3 or 360?

Probably renting both, PS3 for online and 360 so I can play with my brothers. I only have onlne for PS3 though because Live is expensive.

We can have a noob lobby since I'm bad with fighting games too. :p

And love of Arena. It's just going to be pics of annoyance of it's year delay, with Kanji yelling GET BENT and the beef-bowl challenge, isn't it? :p

Hahaaaaaa, if you think that my problems with Arena are solely that it is coming out late, then you are sorely mistaken. ;)

The OP isnt too hateful though. But those that think I'm going to have things like character-rundowns are in for a disappointment, haha.

Come to IRC, we have to teach you how to count! You have two (horrible) excuses, not one. :)

You go on the PersonaGAF IRC channel?

AND WHAT DO YOU MEAN HORRIBLE?

Necrovex

You go on the PersonaGAF IRC channel?

AND WHAT DO YOU MEAN HORRIBLE?

I do on rare occasions. I have been busy for the last few days, so I haven't gotten the chance to visit much. And even worse, I am out of town, so it limits my PersonaGAF IRC even more!!!!

A legitimate reason would be watching LWA on a constant loop. Or what I did...Play Assassin Creed 3.

I lost it at the parts with Adachi and the cabbage
How I didn't see this joke coming from a mile away, I don't know. Lol anyways
Arena OT is mostly done. It's pretty short. Chie's Beef Bowl Challenge gets its own section, obviously.

The quality is tremendously high, also. I think my love of Arena really comes through very well.

You know that we gotta give you some educational discipline when you get the game

Rhapsody

Banned
So I might continue off and finally finish Labrys's story in P4A. Is there anything else to do afterwards that's really worth it in story mode? I know I can finish off the stories that left off at a cliffhanger, but is there anything important?

Meia

So you just have a problem with tomboys then? :p

And Elizabeth's story is also worth it, but I think you have to do a lot of other characters before that even unlocks.

Nakazato

80+ hours in to persona 3 fes it has been a 5 year processes... close to the end and
FUCK MY LIFE.I just found out the damn game has two endings and Im lvl 70 with 15 days left in the game... None of the Elite Persona so shit ass ending for me yay. FUCK. Going to play p4g closely with a faq so this wont happen again... :(

FluxWaveZ

80+ hours in to persona 3 fes it has been a 5 year processes... close to the end and
FUCK MY LIFE.I just found out the dame game has two endings and Im lvl 70 with 15 days left in the game... None of the Elite Persona so shit ass ending for me yay. FUCK. Going to play p4g closely with a faq so this wont happen again... :(

Uh, what? I think you're making a hell of an assumption on what those two endings entail. They don't have anything at all to do with what you're thinking and it's blatantly obvious how the story can diverge based on a key dialogue choice with
Ryoji

Nakazato

Uh, what? I think you're making a hell of an assumption on what those two endings entail. They don't have anything at all to do with what you're thinking and it's blatantly obvious how the story can diverge based on a key dialogue choice with
Ryoji
Oh thank god I was about to jump off the ship.But I can say this is the Best RPG ive played since ff9. Thanks flux wave u may have just saved my sanity.

Sophia

FUCK MY LIFE.I just found out the damn game has two endings and Im lvl 70 with 15 days left in the game... None of the Elite Persona so shit ass ending for me yay. FUCK. Going to play p4g closely with a faq so this wont happen again... :(

Ignore it. Persona 3 doesn't even really have multiple ending. The "bad ending" is essentially a simple dialogue choice that nobody in their right mind could screw up. You'd have to be going for it intentionally to get it.

Dantis

I don't know which I'd consider scarier out of 1 and 2, but 3 is easily the scariest in my opinion. The Brushing Woman is the scariest character in any game ever. Her room, where the screen turns all static and her music plays, and you hear her wheezing as she combs her hair? Hooooly gwack.

fatal_frame_3.jpg

Fun fact: As the game progresses, her makeup gets more and more smeared, looking more and more like she has blood all over her face.

Taruranto

I thought 3 was terrible. So was 4, though a little less.

2 is awesome and one of the best horror on PS2, the ending is simply fantastic. 1 is pretty nice, though a little unpolished. I'm actually replaying it right now.

Dantis

I thought 3 was terrible. So was 4, though a little less.

2 is awesome and one of the best horror on PS2, the ending is simply fantastic. 1 is pretty nice, though a little unpolished. I'm actually replaying it right now.

Your opinions continue to be wrong. All four games are amazing.

Dantis

In all seriousness, it is a shame that you didn't like the third game. The way it handled scares (In that there were a combination of random events and missable scripted events added a real sense of unease. Things like the feet under the stairs and the woman in the kitchen were so cool.

EDIT: When do I put up my amazing Arena OT?

Dantis I love u bby I'm sorry they kidnapped me

It's cool, we're just not friends any more.

In all seriousness, it is a shame that you didn't like the third game. The way it handled scares (In that there were a combination of random events and missable scripted events added a real sense of unease. Things like the feet under the stairs and the woman in the kitchen were so cool.

EDIT: When do I put up my amazing Arena OT?

It's cool, we're just not friends any more.

Our social link broke :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom