• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread: The Butterfly Effect

Status
Not open for further replies.

FluxWaveZ

They can discuss whatever they want, potential or confirmed, but yeah: betrays perspective. The team built a PS360 game, built a new engine based on that, made a remaster for the Vita, and the franchise has never been on anything but Sony hardware and people think P5 is a 3DS game?

That betrays a textbook lack of knowledge and/or perspective.

I guess I don't put as much weight on the series' precedence as you do. Pretty much anything is a possibility and I can't make an objective claim when none of us have anything to back it up except for what has happened in the past.

Dantis

I guess I don't put as much weight on the series' precedence as you do. Pretty much anything is a possibility and I can't make an objective claim when none of us have anything to back it up except for what has happened in the past.

And what Hashino has said in regards to a new engine.

If it was a 3DS game, surely they'd just use the P4G engine and downgrade it a bit?

Also, just gonna quote this because it got eaten at the bottom of the page:

So I guess I should make a start on my extremely high quality Arena EU OT.

What kind of information is needed? I guess release info, game info, Chie's Meat Bowl Challenge, done.

FluxWaveZ

And what Hashino has said in regards to a new engine.

If it was a 3DS game, surely they'd just use the P4G engine and downgrade it a bit?

If it was a 3DS game, perhaps the engine utilized for P4G wouldn't suit the platform. Perhaps they would have developed a 3DS specific engine that facilitates the translation from their vision into the game's development. Developing a new engine doesn't point to anything.

Squire

Banned

The past informs the future. I certainly give more weight to it then the hunches and wishful thinking of 3DS fans.

If it was a 3DS game, perhaps the engine utilized for P4G wouldn't suit the platform. Perhaps they would have developed a 3DS specific engine that facilitates the translation from their vision into the game's development. Developing a new engine doesn't point to anything.

On it's own, no. But we have insight that's a bit more specific then that. They made Catherine to acquaint themselves with the HD platforms and that experience more then likely informed the engine they built afterwards.

Why would they be concerned with learning the ins and outs of the PS3/360 only to make a 3DS game afterward? There are no advantages to be found there.

FluxWaveZ

On it's own, no. But we have insight that's a bit more specific then that. They made Catherine to acquaint themselves with the HD platforms and that experience more then likely informed the engine they built afterwards.

Why would they be concerned with learning the ins and outs of the PS3/360 only to make a 3DS game afterward? There are no advantages to be found there.

Who's to say that Catherine's development is going to inform the next Persona's in terms of platform? It was their first time developing for the 360 and PS3, but that does not necessarily mean that they planned on developing further for current generation platforms afterwards. Perhaps Catherine even put them off developing for HD capable consoles because of the amount of resources required. It's likely that Persona 5 will follow in that game's footsteps, but these are all just assumptions.

Noi

Thanks to a thread in OT, I finally have a slightly better version of this.

imthekinga0udi.gif

I get a feeling I'll be using this neat tool a lot.

Squire

Banned
Who's to say that Catherine's development is going to inform the next Persona's in terms of platform? It was their first time developing for the 360 and PS3, but that does not necessarily mean that they planned on developing further for the platform afterwards. Perhaps Catherine even put them off developing for HD capable consoles because of the amount of resources required. It's likely that Persona 5 will follow in that game's footsteps, but these are all just assumptions.

Yes, and more likely then P5 being on 3DS.

What I'm saying isn't factual, it just makes much more sense then the uninformed theories that populate these silly "What will P5 be on?" threads.

Lemstar

What kind of information is needed? I guess release info, game info, Chie's Meat Bowl Challenge, done.

Video tutorials, schedule of upcoming events, tournament VODs, a link to the frame data on Dustloop.

Meia

The problem of course with saying that there's no chance of P5 being on the 3ds, well, I'm sure I told you two years ago we'd get a continuation of Persona 4's story in a FIGHTING GAME, people also would have said there'd be no chance.

The only thing I want is the game to be playable on a big screen. I don't loathe handhelds, but freaking P4G gave me like bursitis in my damn left arm cause I haven't held one that long over that long of a duration before. Thing HURT. :p

whatever you do, don't listen to theseks for any advice/opinion for P4A.

I would have a summary of a game plan for the character. Makes it easy for people to find a playstyle they like.

For instance...

Naoto : Trap based Zoner with instant kill super mechanicy

Yukiko: Traditional Pressure base zoner with screen control. (she controls just about any part of the screen).

Chie: Okie focus character that is all about the knockdown game.

etc etc

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
whatever you do, don't listen to theseks for any advice/opinion for P4A.

I would have a summary of a game plan for the character. Makes it easy for people to find a playstyle they like.

For instance...

Naoto : Trap based Zoner with instant kill super mechanicy

Yukiko: Traditional Pressure base zoner with screen control. (she controls just about any part of the screen).

Chie: Okie focus character that is all about the knockdown game.

etc etc

Way ahead of ya.

"akihiko is the literal worst character in the game, has no answers to anything, get shit on by everyone", etc.
This +

"He only has 2 buttons, the other button such. CEASER!"

"Yukiko just spams fan and Akihiko has no answers".

And when you give him advice for anything or correct him he basically gives the "I'm right, you're wrong" attitude.

Dude has no intention to learn/get better but will complain at any given chance. It was literally like this for every few days for months.

Speaking of infections...

have you spoken to a doctor about that thing you were telling me about? you probably should :(

people have a weird perspective re: persona for some reason. when famitsu revealed resident evil revelations for everything but vita, there were folks who were earnestly shocked that they had referred to resident evil as a popular series when obviously persona is so much bigger.

Noi

This +

"He only has 2 buttons, the other button such. CEASER!"

"Yukiko just spams fan and Akihiko has no answers".

And when you give him advice for anything or correct him he basically gives the "I'm right, you're wrong" attitude.

Dude has no intention to learn/get better but will complain at any given chance. It was literally like this for every few days for months.

You'd think that with so much bitching he'd, I dunno, pick a different character.

PK Gaming

I don't know if you've done it already, but you should probably check out the original P4A OT.

Setting up a brief character description for each playable would be cool. It's probably best to avoid going into detail, but if you really want to know the ins & out of each character, i'd check out http://www.dustloop.com/wiki/index.php?title=Persona_4:_Arena for indepth P4A stuff. Maybe PM Ragingnight and other P4A pros if you REALLY want to flesh out that section.

The overview should be easy.

Maybe work on your own cover art? IDK.

Lets just say ages ago I beat him doing nothing but spamming Yukiko's B ability and he used it as proof that Akihiko sucks. He didn't even try to get around my fans.

the sad part was that Akihiko has a button that negates the fans and builds him meter in the process.

Not even to mention that yukiko has to land 4-6 combos on aki to kill him. Aki only needs 2 hits to kill Yukiko.

You'd think that with so much bitching he'd, I dunno, pick a different character.

The sad thing is that the character he does bitch about are characters that are lower than him in tiers.

P4A is still my favorite fighting game. I just really wished they thought about the balance and game plan for some of the character. Too many characters have derpy game plans.

Aigis, Mitsuru, Labrys, Chie are all super derpy. Yu can be derpy but there is a bit more depth to him.

Sophia

the sad part was that Akihiko has a button that negates the fans and builds him meter in the process.

Not even to mention that yukiko has to land 4-6 combos on aki to kill him. Aki only needs 2 hits to kill Yukiko.

Combos didn't even matter. He couldn't get in to hit me. He'd try, and then he'd get hit, and just give up, and then try again, and give up. At no point did he pull me in with his Persona, at no point was there a Maziodyne, or anything like that.

It's the worst kind of fighting game match: Nobody learns anything and the winner feels bad. :(

haha thats cute.

Yukiko (imo) is very fun and very deep. The problem she has is that her wakeup options are all garbage so she loses to the top tier very easily unless you are really good at blocking.

She could be so much better if she had some way to wakeup super/dp without risking dying every single time (Mitsu/Yu can super cancel their dp on wakeup making it safe). Also would help if she could keep some of her fire levels between rounds.

I know a lot of Persona fans weren't really expecting a fighting game, but I do hope Atlus makes another P4A or P5A (or whatever). Its a fun game and I think it has potential to bring more people in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom