• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread: The Butterfly Effect

Status
Not open for further replies.

Venfayth

9TQlmtv.png

Dantis

I think rules are a little different for OT2's for a different region's release. I'd do it on Wednesday or Thursday, as that's when some people will be getting their pre-orders.

Oh really? I didn't know that.

Guess I'll wait a small while then.

cj_iwakura

In all seriousness, it is a shame that you didn't like the third game. The way it handled scares (In that there were a combination of random events and missable scripted events added a real sense of unease. Things like the feet under the stairs and the woman in the kitchen were so cool.

EDIT: When do I put up my amazing Arena OT?

This isn't going to be some kind of troll thread, I hope.

I'm pretty sure that's a bannable offense, so I hope not for his sake.

Also, me, Armada, and ninaj put hours of work into our OT.

And what an OT it was. We'll have to make P5's equally awesome, Armada.

Also, if you're going to go full-on troll thread, Dantis, at least do me a solid and say Yosuke is the best character in the game ;P

Squire

Banned

And it was a great one. I pulled it up when I got Arena.

Also, if you're going to go full-on troll thread, Dantis, at least do me a solid and say Yosuke is the best character in the game ;P

Or he could, like, not bother?

OTs are information resources. They're not meant to carry on an honestly old, tired conflict that people should have gotten over/come to terms with months ago.

You want the game or you don't. There's no need for grade-school drama/foul attempts at "humor".

OTs are information resources. They're not meant to carry on an honestly old, tired conflict that people should have gotten over/come to terms with months ago.

You want the game or you don't. There's no need for grade-school drama/foul attempts at "humor".

I was joking. P4A deserves better than a joke thread, and an overly negative OP could prematurely set the mood for the thread and make it no fun to be around.

Oh hey, I just asked Y2Kev about moving the S. Link FM Podcast OT over to general for a little while.

And what an OT it was. We'll have to make P5's equally awesome, Armada.

I'm already working on some things for it! It is going to be pretty damn glorious.

Now about this stupid shit I'm getting a whiff of...

Certainly. Any public exercise in puerile banality masked as levity is a veiled bullying. I doubt anybody here is that pathetic.

Dantis

Dantis is too lazy to even get on IRC, let alone make a troll thread. :p

Correct. I couldn't even be bothered to do a section about Chie's Beef Bowl Challenge!

It's a fiiiiiiine OT. It's just not as good as CJ's (Though does link back to his).

Squire

Banned
Nope. It is a perfectly functional EU OT, with one or two bitter remarks.

Surprised you actually thought I'd make it a troll thread. That would require far too much effort.

Well, I expected a few images and snarky comments thrown together, but I'm glad to hear you're not being a Grinch about it. ^_^

Dantis

Man, I wish I'd just played along that it was a full-on troll thread. I should have just posted "...Please be excited."

That would have been pretty funny.

I would have laughed, at least.

picked up p4 the animation (thanks to my tax return) last night and i'm liking it so far.

just finished kanji's episode and i thought it was the best one so far.

Dantis

Clearly not a Persona fan.

This shtick is still funny, right?

Arena ate my first born and Labrys laughed as it happened.

Weirdly, this happened to me too. Does that make you my wife?

Your laziness in the name of humor makes me sad, Dantis. :(

Just because I won't do a better OT? I mean, it'll be dead in like a week or two. If it passes five pages in the first week I'll be surprised. If it was a full release, I'd go all out, even if it was something I didn't like.

But it isn't. ;)

Lunar15

You guys are such sticks in the mud. Let's positive thinking!

I look at arena as a celebration of the persona series, not anything that should be taken super seriously. I know not everyone is that laid back about it, and I see why people get upset about the game, but I don't think anything did "damage" to the series integrity.

It's a game that's meant to be over the top, and there's even an in-game explaination for that. It's a fighting game: it's hot-blooded and full of stylish pizazz. I think Arc and Atlus nailed the tv feel, and as a fighting game, it has a style of its own that keeps me coming back.

Aside from region lock shenanigans (totally worth getting upset about), a lot of the hate here is misplaced.

tl;dr: You'se guys are cuh-razy

Dantis

You guys are such sticks in the mud. Let's positive thinking!

I look at arena as a celebration of the persona series, not anything that should be taken super seriously. I know not everyone is that laid back about it, and I see why people get upset about the game, but I don't think anything did "damage" to the series integrity.

It's a game that's meant to be over the top, and there's even an in-game explaination for that. It's a fighting game: it's hot-blooded and full of stylish pizazz. I think Arc and Atlus nailed the tv feel, and as a fighting game, it has a style of its own that keeps me coming back.

Aside from region lock shenanigans (totally worth getting upset about), a lot of the hate here is misplaced.

tl;dr: You'se guys are cuh-razy

I'm fairly sure Keiichi and me are the only ones who dislike Arena, to be fair.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom