• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread: The Butterfly Effect

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dantis

But that's the best one in years!

I hate the style of it. The art, music etc. was so far away from anything that I like. Bayonetta's design is just blergh.

I actually own it, and I tried to get through it by just skipping all the cutscenes and turning off the sound, but I wasn't enjoying the combat enough so I only got about an hour and a half in.

It's no NG2

Hey look, we finally agree on something.

Levito

Banned
Ninja Gaiden 1 and 2 are in pinnacle of hand to hand combat in gaming, nothing aside from Bayonetta even comes close.

Bayonetta's a better game than both though overall. The camera is fucking horrid at times in NG2 in particular.

It's funny we could be talking about both since both released generic cash ins in the same month, no?

Haha yup, exactly.

Omikaru

I hate the style of it. The art, music etc. was so far away from anything that I like. Bayonetta's design is just blergh.
Okay I'm not going to ream you for that, because unless something is bland or kitschy, I get that liking or disliking the art style of something really is super subjective, and goes a long way towards enjoying a game or not.

But Bayonetta is a good game.
The only good game Platinum has made (which I've played). Fuck Vanquish.

Jintor

Bayonetta's overdesigned insanity is exactly the right kind of wrong that is right

I really need to play some Ninja Gaiden to see if you people are all just crazy or what. And some God Hand.

Dantis

Speaking of something completely unrelated, the antagonist of Persona 5 should be voiced by this man.

Mike Patton fan? Or just his voice work?

Because I love FNM, Peeping Tom and Tomahawk. Bungle's last album is also excellent. Don't care for his stuff with Zorn.

Bayonetta's overdesigned insanity is exactly the right kind of wrong that is right

I really need to play some Ninja Gaiden to see if you people are all just crazy or what. And some God Hand.

Ninja Gaiden Black is finely tuned character action perfection. Ninja Gaiden 2 is what happens when you put the best combat system ever into some really hit and miss design. The highs are really high, but the lows are really, really low.

Like I said in my quote, I get that. I'm sure PG is happy they get to make it at all, but making a game you can say with near certainty won't sell - for a studio their size - is just wasting time. They can't just do whatever they feel. They've got to worry about keeping the doors open and food on the table.

This is pretty much exactly what Sam Lake said in that Alan Wake 2 video last week.

The truth is depressing.

Squire

Banned
If Nintendo didn't back it, it wouldn't have been made. It's Sega's fault that Bayo 2 is only on Wii U.

Like I said in my quote, I get that. I'm sure PG is happy they get to make it at all, but making a game you can say with near certainty won't sell - for a studio their size - is just wasting time. They can't just do whatever they feel. They've got to worry about keeping the doors open and food on the table.

God Hand is ace. Play it.

Risette

A Good Citizen
Platinum gets paid by Nintendo regardless. They also probably wouldn't get anything extra if the game sold well.

It's tough in the developer/publisher world.

Levito

Banned
Mike Patton fan? Or just his voice work?

Because I love FNM, Peeping Tom and Tomahawk. Bungle's last album is also excellent. Don't care for his stuff with Zorn.

HUGE Patton fan, love everything he's worked on. His EP with The Dillinger Escape Plan is still my favorite project of his.

He's also a pretty god damn good voice actor, pretty insane range, as you can see from that clip. Granted The Darkness series is the only stuff where he's done any real acting. :p

He did most of the zombies in Left 4 Dead and one of the orbs in Portal as well.

Ninja Gaiden Black is finely tuned character action perfection. Ninja Gaiden 2 is what happens when you put the best combat system ever into some really hit and miss design. The highs are really high, but the lows are really, really low.

Yeah, that's probably the best way to describe it, though Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 fixed a lot of the balancing issues. Camera was still shit though.

Dantis

HUGE Patton fan, love everything he's worked on. His EP with The Dillinger Escape Plan is still my favorite project of his.

He's also a pretty god damn good voice actor, pretty insane range, as you can see from that clip. Granted The Darkness series is the only stuff where he's done any real acting. :p

He did most of the zombies in Left 4 Dead and one of the orbs in Portal as well.

He's also Spencer in Bionic Commando. ;)

I love his versatility. He's completely bonkers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4WJYtqUllWw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SbA24Rn6TLQ

His DEP EP is one of the only non-Zorn albums by him that I don't own. Not sure why I never bought it.

FluxWaveZ

Is there any hope of Persona 5 showing at this year E3?

Sure. I mean, if we were to trust this Swedish online shop it'll surely be announced at E3.

Just got this:
6nESPiC.jpg

Astra

I just really enjoy character-action games. Off the top of my head, the only one I don't like is Bayonetta.

I'm also not a fan of Bayonetta. I actively disliked all the characters, and the story.
It also doesn't help I'm not a big fan of action games.

Persona 5 is gonna be announced on Nintendo Direct, with Iwata dressed up like Narukami and holding a banana in his hand-- the new way to summon your Persona!

Lunar15

Iwata is the new MC, game takes place in Nintendo HQ, team members include Reggie and Miyamoto, the killer is Kaz Hirai.

It's the mature Persona we've all been waiting for!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom