• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread: The Butterfly Effect

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mr "I hate anime" Smedwicks may actually like anime?

2460346-divekick+fraud+detection+warning+dr+shoals+dive.png

Squire

Banned
Like I said before, my money is on Famitsu. Two page ad. One page "P". Next page "5". Nothing else for 6 months.

I half expect them to announce it this way, too.

Two page ad with the logo or the velvet room (or both).

They go dark for months. We all go nuts.

Bleh, is talking crap about Platinum part of this thread's cycle again?

I loved Vanquish and Bayonetta and Metal Geat Rising is my GOTY so far (that'll probably change when Pokémon comes out, though).

Samyy

Yes, several. There's only one true ending, however. Depending on the one you got, you potentially missed a significant chunk of the game, unless you have a save prior to the pivotal moment.

Oh really? Yea it was shitty cause it pretty much just ended, I was only at around 50 hours which doesn't feel right.

Gonna reload and do it again, I think I know what I need to do.

Sophia

Uhh does P4G have multiple endings? Mine was so shitty...

There are eight endings in Persona 4 Golden. Here's a full list in the order that they're unlocked. Tried to make it as spoiler free as possible. One line for each ending.
Bad Ending - Kill Namatame.
Neutral Ending 1 - Convict Namatame of the crimes / Fail to convince Yosuke that Namatame is not the murderer.
Neutral Ending 2 - Don't find the real murderer.
Accomplice Ending - Protect the real murderer.
Good Ending - Defeat the murder + Ameno Sagiri.
Good Ending plus Aeon - Meet the requirements for the good ending, and max out the Aeon social link.
True Ending - Meet the requirements for the good ending and find out the truth about the Midnight Channel.
True Ending plus Epilogue - Meet the requirements for the true ending, and max out the Aeon social link.
In P4G it is pretty lenient about letting you redo that part, IIRC.

The original game was lenient too. All Golden did was add a few save points you didn't have to rewatch a bunch of cutscenes.

Yes, several. There's only one true ending, however. Depending on the one you got, you potentially missed a significant chunk of the game, unless you have a save prior to the pivotal moment.

There are only two ways to screw yourself over: You overwrite your save game with a Cleared file or you didn't max out the Aeon social link
before finishing Magatsu Inaba
and save past that.

Samyy

Ahhh fuck.
I didnt max the Aeon social link...
Oh well I was going to NG+ anyway.. perhaps on hard this time. Normal was a breeze, I don't think I died once.

Sophia

For what it's worth, I screwed myself on the Aeon social link too on my first playthrough of P4G. There's no indication it goes away, and it's possible to save right before you're told it's gone. Which is hilariously stupid that you can screw up an 60+ hour playthrough that way.

Omikaru

It's better that way anyway. I feel the epilogue is like a bonus for fans of the original P4 playing Golden, and that it shouldn't be experienced on a first run if possible.

Rikkun

I finally finished P4G! Thanks to everyone who helped me with personas and various explanations :D
I liked this waaaay more than P3, where I got stuck at a crappy table in the tartatus. It feels like a step back for not having some things like fatigue etc but the ride overall is way smoother (but i can't really enjoy jrpgs usually, so..)

There are eight endings in Persona 4 Golden. Here's a full list in the order that they're unlocked. Tried to make it as spoiler free as possible. One line for each ending.
Bad Ending - Kill Namatame.
Neutral Ending 1 - Convict Namatame of the crimes / Fail to convince Yosuke that Namatame is not the murderer.
Neutral Ending 2 - Don't find the real murderer.
Accomplice Ending - Protect the real murderer.
Good Ending - Defeat the murder + Ameno Sagiri.
Good Ending plus Aeon - Meet the requirements for the good ending, and max out the Aeon social link.
True Ending - Meet the requirements for the good ending and find out the truth about the Midnight Channel.
True Ending plus Epilogue - Meet the requirements for the true ending, and max out the Aeon social link.

So.. I
saved Marie by defeating her and ate awful chocolate and happily went back to the city, Aeon maxed.. this is the best you can get right?

Too bad I didn't max out every SL, I felt bad in the end for
not saying hello to everyone
Also, what do the items they give you at level 10 of the SL are for? How hard is it to max out everything without a guide? Is the reward worth the hassle?

Venfayth

I finally finished P4G! Thanks to everyone who helped me with personas and various explanations :D
I liked this waaaay more than P3, where I got stuck at a crappy table in the tartatus. It feels like a step back for not having some things like fatigue etc but the ride overall is way smoother (but i can't really enjoy jrpgs usually, so..)

So.. I
saved Marie by defeating her and ate awful chocolate and happily went back to the city, Aeon maxed.. this is the best you can get right?

Also, what do the items they give you at level 10 of the SL are for? How hard is it to max out everything without a guide? Is the reward worth the hassle?

The level 10 items let you summon that S.Link's ultimate persona without having the S.Link maxed on the following playthrough, IIRC

Sophia

So.. I

For your first question: If you got the true ending, yes.

For your second question: The items you get at the end of a social link allow you to summon the ultimate Persona of that arcana. The reward for maxing every social link out is basically bragging rights + a really cool Persona.

Rikkun

The level 10 items let you summon that S.Link's ultimate persona without having the S.Link maxed on the following playthrough, IIRC

For your first question: If you got the true ending, yes.

For your second question: The items you get at the end of a social link allow you to summon the ultimate Persona of that arcana. The reward for maxing every social link out is basically bragging rights + a really cool Persona.

Ah ok! Thank you both!

Bragging rights... might replay then lol.

dto1138

Neo Member
This is my first neogaf post! Hello everyone. My name is David O'Toole. I am a gamer and also an independent game developer. I've been hanging out on #personagaf for a while, thanks for welcoming me to your channel :) and PrincessSophia asked me to post a little intro here. So here it is.

About the Gamer in Me: been gaming since atari 2600 as a wee snapper. still have a working 2600 and decent game library. Also love PS2, PS3, and Dance Dance Revolution, Armored Core, and strategy rpg's like Final Fantasy Tactics and Phantom Brave. My taste in games is relatively broad and always changing (wasn't into DDR until a few years ago.)
Recently played: Dead Space 3, Dark Souls, Armored Core Nexus, Zanac (for NES). So it's a mix of quirky and mainstreamy. I also like stuff that's in it's own department, like Vanquish. I play most games on the default difficulty, but do enjoy a good challenge such as ZoE2 or Zanac.

More into "home theater" style gaming with stereoscopic 3d and big speakers, not so much into portable gaming or tablets. I want to shake the house when stuff blows up. Not shake the screen i'm trying to look at, when there are buttons attached to it that i'm trying to press. It's all about preference i guess.

About The Game Developer In Me:

I develop weird roguelike-ish games using Common Lisp. The most recent is called 2x0ng and it's a sort of atari mashup. http://blocky.io/2x0ng.html

I actually found out about NeoGAF because they had a high-score contest and some discussion about one 2x0ng in this indie gaming thread on neogaf:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=551216

Ok well, that's all for now! See you on the channel, peeps.

-David

Meia

Welcome new folks. Apparently there are two sides, people who don't like anime, and everyone else not named Dantis. :p

Kazzy

I liked this waaaay more than P3, where I got stuck at a crappy table in the tartatus.

Say no more...

Actually, the sub-bosses are the only thing that approaches a challenge in P3, though funnily enough, that table wasn't one of mine. Like P4, I think any difficulty melts away after the first hours of fighting through the dungeons.

This is my first neogaf post! Hello everyone. My name is David O'Toole. I am a gamer and also an independent game developer. I've been hanging out on #personagaf for a while, thanks for welcoming me to your channel :) and PrincessSophia asked me to post a little intro here. So here it is....

Another David, Hello :D

I don;t post much in here but I'm normally in irc.

Welcome new folks. Apparently there are two sides, people who don't like anime, and everyone else not named Dantis. :p

So Smedwicks does like anime!

Marche90

He's just Tsundere about it.

Also, hi, new guys! New meat!New people!. Normally I don't post that much, but I'm always lurking the thread. Also, how long have you been in IRC? I don't remember you. Then again, I wasn't able to go in these few weeks.

Trigger

This is my first neogaf post! Hello everyone. My name is David O'Toole. I am a gamer and also an independent game developer. I've been hanging out on #personagaf for a while, thanks for welcoming me to your channel :) and PrincessSophia asked me to post a little intro here. So here it is.

Ok well, that's all for now! See you on the channel, peeps.

-David

Another guy that joined NeoGAF today here. I'm not big on long introductions, so... Hi, another SMT fan here, hopefully we'll get along.

You feel a faint bond forming between you, dto, and southerncross.

cj_iwakura

Wow, Grandia Xtreme has some horrible VA. Not even Mark Hamill can save it.
(He's doing his Joker voice as the bad guy. Big shocker.)

cj_iwakura

Xtreme has a good script, for what it is, but I guess Enix had a no-budget voiceover effort.

"It's better than
taking orders
from
the likes of
that im
becile."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom