• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread: The Butterfly Effect

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dantis

Oh hey, I've been watching the new season of that. It's so good.

It is, but it's weirdly dark. It also highlights how, without the rest of the family there to set them (somewhat) right, the Bluths are all absolutely terrible people. I found it quite depressing to see how far Michael falls, even if it's written in such a way that it makes sense.

I did really enjoy watching it though. Gob's episodes were the highlight for me. The whole 'Sound of Silence' thing was perfect.

cjkeats

It is, but it's weirdly dark. It also highlights how, without the rest of the family there to set them (somewhat) right, the Bluths are all absolutely terrible people. I found it quite depressing to see how far Michael falls, even if it's written in such a way that it makes sense.

I did really enjoy watching it though. Gob's episodes were the highlight for me. The whole 'Sound of Silence' thing was perfect.

I watched that Gob one last night.
The whole "Bluths are horrible" thing they got going reminds me in a way of how Seinfeld ended.

the biggest problem with the new season is that the episodes are like 1.6x longer than the original run and as a result they feel like they start to drag on, especially with all the recapping (which, I mean, I get the need for the recapping but still) and the fact that it's meant to be act 1 of a 3 act story.

also it really highlights why most shows have an A plot and a B plot.

Necrovex

I only finished the seventh episode of the new Arrested Development (the first Gob-focused episode). The Gob episode was the best episode yet. So much goodness in it. I really need to finish the rest of the season. But work prevents me, especially with me watching Utena. :-(

And I feel so bad for Michael.

Dantis

I watched that Gob one last night.
The whole "Bluths are horrible" thing they got going reminds me in a way of how Seinfeld ended.

Except not terrible, right? :p

I think one big difference is that Seinfeld highlights that they've been horrible the whole time, whereas Arrested Development, a show which has always been about things going wrong and the family somehow sticking together, is about how far it can fall apart when they don't stick together any more.

I only finished the seventh episode of the new Arrested Development (the first Gob-focused episode). The Gob episode was the best episode yet. So much goodness in it. I really need to finish the rest of the season. But work prevents me, especially with me watching Utena. :-(

And I feel so bad for Michael.

Yup. The first episode was more sad than funny, I thought. I wish Michael was in it more.

Anyone know how much P4G costs on EU PSN?

I think it's £34.99

Necrovex

No, it's a hilarious development. With waifu avatars.

This has made E3 that much more exciting.

Time to pick Arrested Development waifus? I'll take Sally Sitwell!

Possible Arrested Development season 3 spoiler:
I really hope no one selects Rita as their waifu...

cjkeats

AjYBPIu.jpg

pirata

Does anyone wanna speculate on the chances of P5 being in Famitsu? I'm pretty sure it's going to be at E3, but I don't know how they would unveil it if it's still a PS3/360 game, since Sony and Microsoft are supposedly not dedicating much time to those platforms. Would they just put out a press release?

That's why I could see there being a reveal in this Famitsu and the game shows up on the show floor next week. But for some reason, a part of me doesn't want to rule out P5 being on PS4. It would explain the wait for the reveal.

FluxWaveZ

I am of the majority opinion that Persona 5 will not be announced in an upcoming issue of Famitsu or at E3 and it will be announced in Q3, if at all.

FluxWaveZ

How long should I stay up waiting for Famitsu?

If there's something significant, people usually start talking about leaks on the front page of NeoGAF from 5 to 8 PM EST on Tuesdays. Seeing as there's nothing there, I assume there's nothing of note in the next issue.

Sophia

If there's something significant, people usually start talking about leaks on the front page of NeoGAF from 5 to 8 PM EST on Tuesdays. Seeing as there's nothing there, I assume there's nothing of note in the next issue.

I don't think anyone has it yet. There's been no Table of Contents posted anywhere on the net.

Dantis

Well, I guess I bet on the wrong horse. I really think it was today or not at all.

I await my new avatar. Fortunately I have a week left of somewhat dignity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom