• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread: The Butterfly Effect

Status
Not open for further replies.

Omikaru

Hello, Personagaf. Sorry if I'm interrupting anything. I've been lurking in this thread for a while now and I've decided to stop being a creepy creep and try to participate in this thread, even if I am a really bad at socializing.

I've known about Persona ever since it was released back in 1996. I was only 7 back then, but I really enjoyed it even if I had no idea how the hell fusing worked was or where I was going. It was just fun to summon personas and go through dungeons with awesome music. Oh and SUPER GUIDO was really fun too. Ever since then, I've bought every Persona game and loved every single one of them. I still really wish the Innocent Sin anime was a thing though. It had Japanese broadcast information and everything at the end too. :<

My favorite Persona girl ever is Eriko/Ellen and she'll always be there. She's got the best theme too. Second is Elizabeth and then third is Maya. I think I just really like charismatic, kind and optimistic characters who have their own unique way of thinking or doing things but still gets shit done.

So yeah, that's my introduction. It's nice to meet everyone and I hope I'll be able to gather the courage to post here more often.

Oh Gods, it took an hour to think up this post.

Nice avatar. Hate to see you lose it.

Don't make avatar bets. You'll see why next week...

Necrovex

Not that I know of. Soul Reaver has easily aged the worst, so if that kind of thing bothers you, it might be best to just skip it. Defiance is also easily the prettiest and the most playable, because it was released post-DMC. Soul Reaver 2 plays... fine? I guess. The story is also the strongest in that one.

Guess I'll grin and bare through the graphics then. I can't be skipping around the series if the story is a key part in it!

cjkeats

More accurately, don't make avatar bets without knowing what avatar you'll be using. Like a certain trio of individuals around here...

image.php

Markun

XD

I like my bestest son avatar too much at the moment to bet it. I'm going to be using it for quite a while.

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone. It's also nice to see someone who also has the tendency to over think stuff when posting.

Squire

Banned
My favorite Persona girl ever is Eriko/Ellen and she'll always be there. She's got the best theme too. Second is Elizabeth and then third is Maya. I think I just really like charismatic, kind and optimistic characters who have their own unique way of thinking or doing things but still gets shit done.

I like you :)

Welcome to PersomaGAF! Enjoy your stay! And revel in our madness ;)

Welcome to our little community Markun. You don't need to worry about being formal or anything like that, it's just a message board. ;)

We need to start using that pic where Hawkman is all like "FUCK THIS PLACE!"

Levito

Banned
Thanks for the warm welcome everyone. It's also nice to see someone who also has the tendency to over think stuff when posting.

Just have fun, but remember, posting here isn't a competition to mimic the 'insightful' scribbles found on a public bathroom stall.
basically don't use Turnip as a frame of reference

Dantis

Guess I'll grin and bare through the graphics then. I can't be skipping around the series if the story is a key part in it!

Haha, I played it in reverse and I was fine. ;)

The story is absolutely a key part though. It's written by Amy Hennig, who went on to do the Uncharted series, and one thing that really stands out is that they recorded the actors' dialogue in the same room, so they were talking to each other. Makes it sound much more natural and dynamic.

watching folks project onto me is one of the best parts of this thread
I am concerned that you overestimate your importance.

Levito

Banned
The story is absolutely a key part though. It's written by Amy Hennig, who went on to do the Uncharted series, and one thing that really stands out is that they recorded the actors' dialogue in the same room, so they were talking to each other. Makes it sound much more natural and dynamic.

She worked on The Last Of Us, but not Uncharted 3 right?

Squire

Banned
She worked on The Last Of Us, but not Uncharted 3 right?

No, she's worked on all the Uncharted games, but not TLOU.

TLOU was written by Neil Druckmann who assisted Amy on UC2 (which I think has, head-and-shoulders, better writing than UC3).

Apparently TLOU is written really well.

Levito

Banned
No, she's worked on all the Uncharted games, but not TLOU.

TLOU was written by Neil Druckmann who assisted Amy on UC2 (which I think has, head-and-shoulders, better writing than UC3).

Apparently TLOU is written really well.

They certainly put a lot of effort into it, it'll be an interesting experience I'm sure. Can't hurt it was inspired by The Road and No Country For Old Men.

Sophia

These avatar bets sound interesting. How long do you have to keep the avatar for?

You specify a time when the bet is made. The person who made the bet with me didn't even specify a time, so I'm probably gonna take it off after E3. :p

What did you bet it on and what avatar are you using?

Scrafty, Omi, and Dantis made a bet with Levito over Persona 5. If it appears at E3 or gets announced in Famitsu the week of E3, Levito buys them all a cheap steam game. If it doesn't, Levito gets to pick out an avatar for them. :p

Squire

Banned
actually written well or "we're trying to write a video game like summer blockbuster" well

Actually written well. Obviously I haven't played it myself, but that's the word that's out.

It's also not a blockbuster. Apparently it's quite miserable in tone, which I'm somewhat surprised to hear.

They certainly put a lot of effort into it, it'll be an interesting experience I'm sure. Can't hurt it was inspired by The Road and No Country For Old Men.

Agreed. I re-watched NCFOM last night after I talked to you guys. You can totally see how it's influenced TLOU's gameplay.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Scrafty, Omi, and Dantis made a bet with Levito over Persona 5. If it appears at E3 or gets announced in Famitsu the week of E3, Levito buys them all a cheap steam game. If it doesn't, Levito gets to pick out an avatar for them. :p

Basically a suckers bet.

Omikaru

Have to get Levito's permission first. And you do know what my bet is, right?

I've lost confidence. I want out of this one, and I'm never betting my avatar again! :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom