• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread: The Butterfly Effect

Status
Not open for further replies.

Levito

Banned
There are plenty of MMO's out there far superior to FF14, "reborn" or not.

I'd probably even go back to WoW than start that trash.

I just want Phantasy Star Online 2 to come out T^T

I tried making a Japanese account to play it, but I just ended up getting confused, frustrated an unable to enjoy myself. Plus I'm really looking forward to playing it on my Vita while away from home.

Squire

Banned
I'm going to get it on PC, though not at release. Already have near $300 worth of pre-orders this year from E3.

I didn't want to get a PS4 anytime soon, but I will be buying one to play MGSV. Sure I can get it on PS3, but I'll take the better performance.

It'll also be good to have for Persona 5. It's not going to come out for PS3 when it's released in 2016 after all.

Yeah, I had the same thought. Before E3 I was considering waiting until Marxh or so, but I want a launch unit now. I'm gonna get myself one for Christmas. MGSV won't be out for ages, but I want to have the console already when it hits and I think the launch games look pretty alright. Again, great fucking E3 this year, seriously.

I'm thinking they should pick a different model honestly. It's fucking amazing and one of the best traditional MMOs I've played, but I can't see people buying a subscription in this day and age.

Yeah, that's exactly what I've been saying for a few months. $15/mo isn't happening in 2013. Especially on consoles. The diehards will pay that, but I'm not convinced there's enough of them to maintain the game, let alone make it profitable.

I'm buying a PS4 at launch even though the first game I want for it (InFAMOUS: Second Son) isn't coming out until Q1 2014. I pretty much just want it so I can display it on my shelf and watch Blu-Rays ;P

Squire

Banned
I'm buying a PS4 at launch even though the first game I want for it (InFAMOUS: Second Son) isn't coming out until Q1 2014. I pretty much just want it so I can display it on my shelf and watch Blu-Rays ;P

This actually kinda how I feel, but I don't wanna wait until InFamous is out to get it.

I'll get Watxh_Dogs. And I actually do want that game. I love open-world stuff and I love the game's premise.

Ooh yeah, I forgot about that one! I guess Watch_Dogs will be my first PS4 game, granted that it doesn't flop critically (money'll be tight for me this fall, so I won't have much room for experimental purchases).

I really like Aidan's cap 'n' coat combo. He seems like a nifty protagonist.

Squire

Banned
He strikes me as generic, actually. The game should be good though. At worst it'll be a fairly standard open-world action game, but if the AI as good as they promise and they actually create some interesting scenarios with the network stuff,,it could be excellent. I'm just looking forward to hacking into everyone's bank account.

Astra

There are plenty of MMO's out there far superior to FF14, "reborn" or not.

I'd probably even go back to WoW than start that trash.

Do you still play GW2?

Yeah, I had the same thought. Before E3 I was considering waiting until Marxh or so, but I want a launch unit now. I'm gonna get myself one for Christmas. MGSV won't be out for ages, but I want to have the console already when it hits and I think the launch games look pretty alright. Again, great fucking E3 this year, seriously.

Yeah, I am thinking I'll get one at Christmas, as well. Though I might get one early next year, and just get some games pre-ordered at Christmas so I have a decent supply of games lined up for it.

With the wait, too, I can see how reliable the hardware is, and get some impressions from GAF. Not that I am really thinking there are going to be a ton of bricked units, but there isn't a whole lot at launch that interests me enough.

Watch Dogs looks great. Pretty much what a modern Assassin's Creed would be. Though it feels more like you're in the shoes of an Abstergo agent. haha.

But yeah, I pre-ordered way too many games for current gen consoles and PC, so I best get those out of the way before I dive into the PS4.

I have no room left on my shelf. Something is going to have to be replaced come PS4 time, and it might be my PS3. Hence why I want to play everything I have left for it.

Astra

Watch Dogs kind of gives of the feeling of great ideas but not well implemented to me. Ubisoft are the kings of false promises.

I've barely had any time to play andy videogames at all this past month, but yes I still play.

It's true. Look at ZombiU. It was a fun game, but only for one playthrough. Needed more polish, less linearity and more random events. Zombies busting out at you happened in the same areas everytime, and each area had the same assortment of zombies each time. Killed all replay value.

Goonie and I were playing several weeks ago, and doing a dungeon. We were going to ask you to join, but I was unsure if you still played and you weren't around at the time.
If you're ever free when we're playing, you should join with us.
Hopefully Bryan will join in, too and we can convince the S.Man to get in as well.

Squire

Banned
Yeah, I am thinking I'll get one at Christmas, as well. Though I might get one early next year, and just get some games pre-ordered at Christmas so I have a decent supply of games lined up for it.

With the wait, too, I can see how reliable the hardware is, and get some impressions from GAF. Not that I am really thinking there are going to be a ton of bricked units, but there isn't a whole lot at launch that interests me enough.

Watch Dogs looks great. Pretty much what a modern Assassin's Creed would be. Though it feels more like you're in the shoes of an Abstergo agent. haha.

But yeah, I pre-ordered way too many games for current gen consoles and PC, so I best get those out of the way before I dive into the PS4.

I have no room left on my shelf. Something is going to have to be replaced come PS4 time, and it might be my PS3. Hence why I want to play everything I have left for it.

Yeah, exactly. If I wait I can watch Giant Bomb live stream their impressions and catch wind of any issues or whatever, so that's cool. There's still current-gen stuff I need this fall.

I hope WD delivers.

Astra

Yeah, exactly. If I wait I can watch Giant Bomb live stream their impressions and catch wind of any issues or whatever, so that's cool. There's still current-gen stuff I need this fall.

I hope WD delivers.

I love Giant Bomb's look at new hardware. When they were looking at the Wii U, and had it hard lock on them several times, and seeing the load times; I was considering returning my system. I never did, though I probably should have, since it has been gathering dust since release, really. Lots to look forward to in 2014, at least.

I hope so, too. Lots of neat ideas, like Levito said, so let's hope they implement them well. With the hacking and such, it should allow for a variety of ways to tackle any given situation.
My concern is though, that they give you all these tools which would allow you to do this, but the game will pretty much push you in the direction it wants you to go, and take that freedom away from you.

We're a little less than 1,100 posts from a new thread. It's coming up fast.

Levito

Banned
Guys we're not talking about Persona again Persona is much better than smelly Ubisoft.

Goonie and I were playing several weeks ago, and doing a dungeon. We were going to ask you to join, but I was unsure if you still played and you weren't around at the time.
If you're ever free when we're playing, you should join with us.
Hopefully Bryan will join in, too and we can convince the S.Man to get in as well.

I haven't spoke to him in years, makes me sad, jerkass needs to join GAF.

Astra

Guys we're not talking about Persona again Persona is much better than smelly Ubisoft.

I haven't spoke to him in years, makes me sad, jerkass needs to join GAF.

We really need some Persona news. Persona IS much better than Ubisoft, though.
Persona 5. Where art thou?

I'm pretty sure the jerkass does have a GAF account, but he hasn't posted here, yet. Or he forgot which email he signed up with.

Persona.

You guys planning on recording another episode of the podcast now that E3's not cluttering up the place, or are you waiting until you can get a thread in Gaming to make more?

Levito

Banned
You guys planning on recording another episode of the podcast now that E3's not cluttering up the place, or are you waiting until you can get a thread in Gaming to make more?

To be completely honest the next couple shows I have in mind I'd like to save for a later date. Wouldn't mind doing something more casual but I have no idea what that may be.

Actually, maybe the whole idea of how everyone in the fandom is in such baited breath about Persona 5. No so much speculation as to what the game is or it's mechanics, but addressing rumors, potential plaforms, etc.

Again I'd rather do something more casual. Anyone free tomorrow night or Sunday evening to record?

Astra

To be completely honest the next couple shows I have in mind I'd like to save for a later date. Wouldn't mind doing something more casual but I have no idea what that may be.

Actually, maybe the whole idea of how everyone in the fandom is in such baited breath about Persona 5. No so much speculation as to what the game is or it's mechanics, but addressing rumors, potential plaforms, etc.

Again I'd rather do something more casual. Anyone free tomorrow night or Sunday evening to record?

I'd join you guys if I wouldn't be a blubbering mess of nervousness.
Or if I actually knew more about the Persona universe. Outside of simply playing the games, I haven't done much else, or given much in depth thought to the themes behind the series.
Just gimme my waifus.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu

Yeah, sure.

I'd join you guys if I wouldn't be a blubbering mess of nervousness.
Or if I actually knew more about the Persona universe. Outside of simply playing the games, I haven't done much else, or given much in depth thought to the themes behind the series.
Just gimme my waifus.

I'm the same, just down some alcohol before hand and you'll be fine...

maybe.. <_<

Astra

Don't be nervous it's just a skype call more or less. If you say something you want edited out, just let me know. :)

Haha, does sound fun though. Put me at the bottom of the list, if you don't fill out with people, I'll join in. If it's just some casual chat, it shouldn't be too bad. What time tomorrow would you be recording, if you do it then?

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Haha, does sound fun though. Put me at the bottom of the list, if you don't fill out with people, I'll join in. If it's just some casual chat, it shouldn't be too bad. What time tomorrow would you be recording, if you do it then?

Probably 11pm EST.

Levito

Banned
Ok that's like... 9 people willing to record between here and twitter. >.<

5 people Max, mic must work well, and must be on skype at 8PM PST(11PM EST)

Can somebody who doesn't like the RPGs join?

That'd be kind of weird.

EDIT: JohnLacke do you have a twitter or somewhere you can be contacted more directly other than GAF?

Astra

Ok that's like... 9 people willing to record between here and twitter. >.<

5 people Max, mic must work well, and must be on skype at 8PM PST(11PM EST)

That'd be kind of weird.

EDIT: JohnLacke do you have a twitter or somewhere you can be contacted more directly other than GAF?

Sent you a PM.

How about we go: Me/Inorigo/Ven/JohnLacke

Ven's only been on once and John hasn't been on at all.

Sounds good!
Going to buy more scotch.

Astra

Am down. You can have some of my scotch, John. I've got a bottle of MacAllan 12!

You're a man of taste Ven!
I have some Glen Livet 12. Would go 24 but I am not rich enough.

It'll be cool to have Jello round out the 5th spot, just in case I pull a Jello when Erin was on and stay quiet. :)

Dantis

Persona is really good.

Know what else is really good? The Last of Us. Game of the fucking year.

Also, I was completely wrong about the music. It's very good (Though still not something I'd listen to outside of the game). WHOOPS!

Just about to try the multiplayer. Probably going to be terrible at it.

EDIT: I forgot about my new avatar. Good lord, I want to vomit.

Astra

I can't wait to play TLoU, and join you guys for the MP.

Dantis, your icon is kind of cute. You got off easy. I put a lot of love into that, man!

Meia

Persona is really good.

Also, I was completely wrong about the music. It's very good (Though still not something I'd listen to outside of the game). WHOOPS!

I'd say it could be worse, but for you, it probably couldn't be. Jeez...

Last of Us is in the mail coming Tuesday cause same day shipping is for SUCKERS. And rich people. Want to do single player before multi though, don't want any of that game spoiled. Have to admit I'm curious about how multi even works for it(still on media blackout).

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
I can't wait to play TLoU, and join you guys for the MP.

Dantis, your icon is kind of cute. You got off easy. I put a lot of love into that, man!

Nah, Scrafty got off easy, Dantis got off a tad easier than Omi did. Omi was bitchslapped.

My copy of TLOU is waiting at Best Buy. Gonna go pick it up tomorrow because I am eating shortly and don't feel like waiting for the bus to get there tonight.

Squire

Banned
Persona is really good.

Hahahaha! I just got it in. Can't wait to try it. Gonna start it tonight.

Meia

Oh Meia. My release day shipping was FREE! Convenience for poor people. I need it.

Price I pay for going Newegg and getting it for 20% off I guess. Ah well. I'll pimp my town in AC while I wait. :p

Also to try out FFXIV and see if it's improved since I tried it in the original beta. Man was that terrible. Quality I look for: How easy is it to level a healer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom