• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread: The Butterfly Effect

Status
Not open for further replies.

cjkeats

hahahaha.

dKUZKFc.png
You can blend that sheen away if you want to take the time. As you can see, I didn't want to take the time.

I love how they both look pretty much the same. We probably used the same picture of Chie, haha.
Yup. It was the first image I could think of that's Chie just standing face foreword.

OK,what's the deal with the coffee mug?

It's a tea cup. What show do I adore that revolves around tea time?

Levito

Banned
Hahahah oh god nevermind, I was late with my post. Thank you John and CJ!

For the new page:

uP9chWN.png

"Wake up lil' spidah, no you ain't dead, not yet anyhow, puttin da kibbosh on ya death. You're an amazin' creatchah, Spidah-Man. You and I, we ain't so different, ya know?"

Astra

vO33W9N.png

I tried blending it from the skin to cover the light in this one. I'm pretty bad at image editing, but whichever you think looks better!

bVk9rme.png

or this. You can see where her ears were in the first one, haha.

Young Magus

Get them pleased(green 3 times) and they might form a contract.

Yep. Then memorize the interest route and watch the free cards roll in. It's best to do a joy + interest combo and use a last interest to make the cards happen, so you can avoid choices that might piss them off.
Alright, I kept on getting joy and interest mixed up, thanks.
Another question: How do I get the time count to do his thing? Every time I want to make cards and what not he tells me to go off? I have to start a rumor huh?
Edit: NVM. Figured it out.

Marche90

Another one playing here or just waiting to be released in pal land?

Anyway, I'm very surprised top see how much steam that game has picked up. I would love to pick it up and try it, but alas, I'm poor and I need to buy SMT IV next month

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Reminder that Levito is recording an episode of SLink FM tonight at 11est.

I'm slated to be the last guest, but if anyone who hasn't been on the show and sent a message to him already about it, I would gladly bow out to allow you on.

Astra

He looks like an AC Hellraiser without the pins all in his face.

I haven't played an AC since the very first one. I disliked it. Got boring pretty quickly.

PK Gaming

So I finally beat Catherine! I didn't just beat it either, I also apparently got the true lovers ending where Vincent
ends up marrying Katherine!

The basic stages may have been unbearably hard(even on easy, lol) but the successful clearing a stage was the best feeling ever. Overcoming a boss was like that, but even moreso. It was like being shot up ecstasy, I seriously ended up cheering with Vincent EVERY time I beat a goddamn boss. The story & characters were great and I dug the dynamic between Vincent & his friends. As an aside, I gotta give Atlus credit for including
A legit post-op transsexual
. I didn't see coming AT ALL, and I loved how she was handled.

Overall, I really, really, enjoyed this game ♥

Catherine's a mighty fine game. I'm glad you enjoyed it :)

Have you played any of the Trauma Center games? Those are always great. For reference, here's my ranking:

Under the Knife 2 > Trauma Team > New Blood > Under the Knife > Second Opinion

Astra

Have you played any of the Trauma Center games? Those are always great. For reference, here's my ranking:

I like you, Scrafty. You have good opinions.

I am on stage 4 in Catherine. I love it!

PK Gaming

Nope, I can't say i've touched any of them :(

Where should I start?

Nope, I can't say i've touched any of them :(

Where should I start?

Under the Knife, Second Opinion and UtK2 are all part of the same saga, but the first two can be really pricey nowadays. UtK2 doesn't require any knowledge of the previous games to enjoy (the awesome characters, music and gameplay are relatively standalone), so I'd jump in with UtK2 if you can't afford 1 or SO.

New Blood and Trauma Team are spinoffs, so you can get started on either of those too if you wish.

Marche90

Trauma Team is interesting, but it can be really weird to experience that one first and going back to the rest of the series, since TT is the only one of the bunch with different styles of gameplay. My vote would be to start with whatever you can find of these three: Second Opinion, New Blood or UtK2.

Even so, don't mistake this as an advice to not play that one: if you can, buy it at once too.
This reminds me: where the hell did I put my New Blood disc...? I've been itching to go back to that one, since I'm still missing the X missions of that one...

Sophia

Trauma series and Catherine are both part of the Persona canon tho

Not exactly. The Vincent cameo in P3P is just that and nothing more. They're closely related however, being the same studios.

Plus it's better to let the mods decide what is and isn't off-topic. We don't need regular reminds just because the subject is drifting ever so slightly. :p

Slime is the best persona.

Never

Hee ho!

PK Gaming

250px-P4-Yoshitsune.png

Aww yeah, you know what this Persona is about.

Kicking ass and taking names, plus he specialized in Lightning. He's like the personafied version of Yu Narukami (lol, it's a JOKE)

Go on and fly, Yoshitsune.

Astra

I've barely gotten any progress on Persona 3 FES, and I've been sitting on it long enough. Going to take a shot, tonight. :)

Good man.

I've been playing FES and P3P concurrently. I'm making extremely slow progress, of course.
I probably play one or the other once a week.

It's interesting playing them side by side.

Nudull

Banned
I've been playing FES and P3P concurrently. I'm making extremely slow progress, of course.
I probably play one or the other once a week.

It's interesting playing them side by side.

It is. Portable has it's visual novel-esque cutscenes, which definitely has it's charm, not to mention FeMC tipping P3P over as my favorite version. While I never got to finish either yet, I at least still have FES, so I'm hoping that I'll have fun with it.

Astra

It is. Portable has it's visual novel-esque cutscenes, which definitely has it's charm, not to mention FeMC tipping P3P over as my favorite version. While I never got to finish either yet, I at least still have FES, so I'm hoping that I'll have fun with it.

This is why we need a Vita enhanced port of Persona 3. All the gameplay improvements of P3P, with all the full cutscenes for FemMC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom