• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread: The Butterfly Effect

Status
Not open for further replies.

PK Gaming

It just occurred to me that it was selfish of me to ask you what your favorite Persona characters were without saying mine in return. So without further ado...

All time favorite Persona character

Yu Narukami

I didn't have to give it any thought, the minute I laid my eyes on that character for the first time, I thought to myself "yep." It's pretty much impossible for me to not like a character on a basic level who uses in lightning, uses a sword (katana!) and is just cool, but Yu also happened to be the main protagonist in one of my favorite games ever. I can't really describe it... his character just really resonated with me, more so than the other Persona protagonists. He was a like a medium into the world of Persona 4, a world where you get to hang out with awesome friends, kick ass in a TV, solve mysterious and generally have fun. Even the P4 anime with all of its flaws, was mad just a little better because of Yu.

I actually don't relate with him at all, it's the complete opposite in fact; I aspire to be to like him (even if it's just a little bit). I know it sounds childish and unrealistic, but that's just the way I feel. I've always wanted to be that cool kid that everyone admires. While that's pretty much impossible (lol) playing through P4G for the first time made me realize something, I need to branch out and meet others and start up new relationships. I've started doing that in fact, by seriously going on dates or striking up conversations with strangers. So yeah, Yu kicks ass.

tumblr_mcro8hmxW71r8x55lo15_r1_400.gif

Honorable Mentions:

Yosuke: Because I liked him in P4, and I could 100% relate to him because I was basically like him at highschool (NO tact, resentful of a lot of people, and
bitter over the fact that I had to move from an awesome high school in grade 9
)

Maya: Because she's freaking awesome in every way. She doesn't let up being awesome ever, and it's a crime against humanity that she can't speak in Eternal punishment.

Astra

I finally joined the Persona Steam Community. I never did get around to adding many people on Steam, so if it's cool if I add you, let me know (and who you are there, if it isn't the same here).

I loved Yu in the anime. My friend and I felt he was man at his most man. Except for the popped collar he wore in the Summer time. Fuck that noise.

I finally joined the Persona Steam Community. I never did get around to adding many people on Steam, so if it's cool if I add you, let me know (and who you are there, if it isn't the same here).

I loved Yu in the anime. My friend and I felt he was man at his most man. Except for the popped collar he wore in the Summer time. Fuck that noise.

sorry dude, SteamsonaGAF died and IRCsonaGAF rose in its ashes

I"m replaying P3 Fes and you know, I've changed my mind about the MC. I'd be an asshole too if I transfered to a school, got told I had to risk my life, and was put in charge of leading stupid ass Junpei and literally can't aim a bow to save her life Yukari. Not to mention Kenji being the first guy I meet? wtf is that?

Necrovex

I hope you're all proud of yourselves.

It's beautiful. How did you get such a piece of beauty as your avatar?
If only it was a Miku avatar.

And did anyone else get a FFXIV beta code? I am downloading the client right now. I'm so excited to finally give it a try. Such a good Friday. First, The Last of Us, and now FFXIV.

And did anyone else get a FFXIV beta code? I am downloading the client right now. I'm so excited to finally give it a try. Such a good Friday. First, The Last of Us, and now FFXIV.

I did! I'm excited

Levito

Banned
Till August 1st, not quite 2 months but w/e.

By the way guys, Erin Fitzgerald got her twitter account suspended because he reported someone posing as her. Don't ask me how twitter came to the conclusion that they should suspend her. Here's her new account.

For all 1 of you that may not know: Erin was Chie in P4G,P4A and the Anime.

Meia

I did, I think it's tied to my account, but it's not letting me log into the area with the client download. Bah.

Also, boo @ Animal Crossing fun stuffs tied behind days of content. I want to put those clothes on nao... :p

Least I paid off my first debt day one.

Necrovex

:-(

I did! I'm excited

I need to decide on what class I'll be playing as, my race, and the gender of my character. Too many factors. I am probably going to spend an hour in the character build screen.

By the way guys, Erin Fitzgerald got her twitter account suspended because he reported someone posing as her. Don't ask me how twitter came to the conclusion that they should suspend her.

When I saw your post, I thought the twitter name said "Ella Fitzgerald." Thus, I became very confused of how one of the best blue singers around had a Twitter account.

Var

I got the code but didn't see it until I got to work, so now I can't start the DL until I get home.

:-(

I need to decide on what class I'll be playing as, my race, and the gender of my character. Too many factors. I am probably going to spend an hour in the character build screen.

When I saw your post, I thought the twitter name said "Ella Fitzgerald." Thus, I became very confused of how one of the best blue singers around had a Twitter account.

Haha me too. It's going to take a long time. I'll probably call someone in from another room for opinions and all.

My brother is going to kill me because it's his first day of summer break and he's trying to kill people in COD, and I'm in the next room downloading a huge client..
but I'm older and scarier so it's ok

Necrovex

Only took 45 minutes to create my beautiful, femmy-looking Elf. He's truly gorgeous. First time classing as a mage (been a priest in WoW though).

Just got The Last of Us in from Gamefly, so XIV will have to wait until later.

Sophia

I've been in the beta since the beginning. Playing on Ultros as Sophia Alexandra if anyone wants to add me.

Squire

Banned
I'm gonna try to get into that game on PS4. I'm convinced it won't be subscription-based for longer than a year, but it looks like a great game. Yoshida is the best artist SE has working.

Astra

I'm going to get it on PC, though not at release. Already have near $300 worth of pre-orders this year from E3.

I didn't want to get a PS4 anytime soon, but I will be buying one to play MGSV. Sure I can get it on PS3, but I'll take the better performance.

It'll also be good to have for Persona 5. It's not going to come out for PS3 when it's released in 2016 after all.

Sophia

I'm gonna try to get into that game on PS4. I'm convinced it won't be subscription-based for longer than a year, but it looks like a great game. Yoshida is the best artist SE has working.

I'm thinking they should pick a different model honestly. It's fucking amazing and one of the best traditional MMOs I've played, but I can't see people buying a subscription in this day and age.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom