• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread: The Butterfly Effect

Status
Not open for further replies.

Astra

I agree with both of these sentiments. Under the Knife 2 is my favourite for a few reasons:

1. It had juuuuuust the right level of difficulty: challenging, but not frustrating, and with fhe ability to drop down a level if you got stuck.

2. The characters and story are at their best. Even though the game tackles some heavy themes at certain points, it's not afraid to be cheesy as well. Special mention goes to
"The Healing Touch can also be used... FOR KILLING!"
for making me spew my beverage all over my DS ^_^

3. The music is godlike. The last surgery's theme in particular is an epic tune, and among my favourite final boss themes ever.

4. The gameplay is balanced. Only one form of GUILT is "cheap," and the rest have logical, methodical ways of being dealt with once you get into the groove of things. The new tools and surgeries are also really satisfying.

5. The X-Missions. ATLUS gaming at its finest.

I really have to replay this game. It's been so long, that I actually forget the majority of it, so it'll feel somewhat fresh again.

Jintor

Happy Father's Day!

tumblr_moia4klf5Z1rdlrgno1_500.jpg

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Just now playing Persona 3 Portable and I have to ask...

What cruel creator decided to suddenly add attractive female teachers and Rio AFTER you played the male protag? Or at least let me romance some ladies as the girl or something.

Sophia

Just now playing Persona 3 Portable and I have to ask...

What cruel creator decided to suddenly add attractive female teachers and Rio AFTER you played the male protag? Or at least let me romance some ladies as the girl or something.

The female teachers were already there, they just lacked portraits, but they had names and all that. :p

Meia

Happy Father's Day!

tumblr_moia4klf5Z1rdlrgno1_500.jpg

Yeah....how many father's days did Nanako have like this before Yu came into the picture?

That pic is just heartbreaking. I do wonder how someone like Kanji treats the day, or Naoto for that matter. ALL THE DEPRESSION.

Sophia

Being a member of SEES apparently requires you to have at least one dead, missing, or unnamed parent... or be a robot.

Well, Fuuka has both parents I guess. Unsurprisingly she's the Only Sane Man among the cast.

Speaking of motion controls, I'm rather confused about the PS4 Eye. Do I need a move controller with it? And say I want to play some party shovelware with 3 people, but I have two controllers, would the camera pick up on the extra person still?

Help me find the true path Persona-GAF

Ditched the ps2 version of P4 to play Golden. Impressed so far. But is it just me or does the SOS system suck? I've aided every single player so far and only ONE person has aided me. The aid is kinda shitty as well, only a bit of hp and sp at the beginning of a battle. Seriously? How often do you guys send and recieve aid?

Venfayth

Ditched the ps2 version of P4 to play Golden. Impressed so far. But is it just me or does the SOS system suck? I've aided every single player so far and only ONE person has aided me. The aid is kinda shitty as well, only a bit of hp and sp at the beginning of a battle. Seriously? How often do you guys send and recieve aid?

When I played, I aided every time, and got a pretty good amount of aids back. It helped a lot on the hardest difficulty. You don't get much for each aid, but they add up.

I maxed out the number of rescues pretty quickly (999) - you still get the chance to rescue, but your counter stops going up. :(

Trigger

Golden has been out for awhile now. I imagine there are just fewer players than at launch. I got decent amounts of aid back when the game was still fresh.

Levito

Banned
So I thought I hear Yuri Lowenthal in The Last Of Us last night. Turns out, it was him.

All I could think was, man... There were a few times I wish I could choke Yosuke to death.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom