• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread: The Butterfly Effect

Status
Not open for further replies.
Makes it all the sadder that we never got a FeMC for P4G. :c

We did though! ;P

2012-08-21-133954.jpg

Sophia

This is why we need a Vita enhanced port of Persona 3. All the gameplay improvements of P3P, with all the full cutscenes for FemMC.

Yes, we do. I expect it'll probably happen after P5 is announced as a tie in with the Persona 3 movie. :D

Makes it all the sadder that we never got a FeMC for P4G. :c

But it wouldn't work with the story!
After all, Yu Narukami may be an reincarnation of Izanagi.

FluxWaveZ

Well the first one is, seeing as it's already been funded I imagine. :p

Also euuagh, that was some bad repetition on my part.

Not too sure the process of funding a project like that is that simple. If plans fell through, I bet even the first movie would need to be dropped, but there's only several months left before the release of movie 01 so I don't know. I just feel as though I'd need more news on that front before being certain.

Less remakes, more new titles please.

Always. Then again, whatever. If people just want P3P Vita, Catherine Vita, Persona 4 Arena Vita and then 3D remakes of Persona 1 and Persona 2 without any new experiences, they can have that too, but then they have no right to complain about nothing new from the Persona Team afterwards.

Closest we ever got. :p
P4G was still great, though.

Agreed. As an improved version of one of my already-favourite games, it leaped to near the top of my list. The costumes are actually one of my favourite additions to the game, too. It was great fun beating the crap out of everyone in an Ouendan outfit, and collecting all of the unique ones was fun in and of itself (I especially like the ones which change your character's victory poses, with special mention going to Yosuke's Gekkoukan uniform, Chie's Blue Velvet outfit, and Naoto's Yasogami Girl's Uniform).

Sophia

Not too sure the process of funding a project like that is that simple. If plans fell through, I bet even the first movie would need to be dropped, but there's only several months left before the release of movie 01 so I don't know. I just feel as though I'd need more news on that front before being certain.

Assuming of course the footage from the latest reveal wasn't a teaser made for that preview, that means they're already at the animation stage. Also remember, there's more than just Atlus involved with the production. If you look you'll see a "Persona 3 Movie Committee" in the credits, with the list of all the studios backing the project. Which includes companies like Aniplex.

I'm not worried about the first movie at all. The later ones would depend partially on the success of the first movie and partially on Index's situation.

Nudull

Banned
Agreed. As an improved version of one of my already-favourite games, it leaped to near the top of my list. The costumes are actually one of my favourite additions to the game, too. It was great fun beating the crap out of everyone in an Ouendan outfit, and collecting all of the unique ones was fun in and of itself (I especially like the ones which change your character's victory poses, with special mention going to Yosuke's Gekkoukan uniform, Chie's Blue Velvet outfit, and Naoto's Yasogami Girl's Uniform).

All the tweaks and extras (even though I had my gripes with Marie) helped make Persona 4, already one of my all-time favorite video games, all the better, and helped turn me into the Megaten fan I am, today. I could praise all of SMT for hours. XD

Sophia

P3 Drama CD, The Answer, and P4A spoilers incoming.

So I was looking at the Persona 4 The Ultimate in Mayonaka Arena - Official Design Works and noticed something interesting. On Labrys's page there's some prototype character designs in it. The two prototype designs look like Metis from Persona 3 FES. I think this is pretty good evidence that the girl who Aigis met in the P3 Drama CD (whom Metis was based off of) and the girl who Labrys and her sisters called mother are one in the same. Assuming this is true, that effectively makes the girl Aigis's mother too.

FluxWaveZ

P3 Drama CD, The Answer, and P4A spoilers incoming.

So I was looking at the Persona 4 The Ultimate in Mayonaka Arena - Official Design Works and noticed something interesting. On Labrys's page there's some prototype character designs in it. The two prototype designs look like Metis from Persona 3 FES. I think this is pretty good evidence that the girl who Aigis met in the P3 Drama CD (whom Metis was based off of) and the girl who Labrys and her sisters called mother are one in the same. Assuming this is true, that effectively makes the girl Aigis's mother too.

Is "mother" supposed to be the sickly bedridden girl referred to in P4A? If so, I thought it was already stated in P4A that the ASSWs were all based on her as the origin of their personality so that they could gain a Persona? Or maybe I interpreted that wrong and it was just Labrys' model.

I don't know about the drama CD's timeline, so would it make sense that Aigis would be able to meet the same sickly girl even though she's presumed dead?

Also, looking at the Official Design Works now, I wouldn't say those Labrys prototypes with the giant, wooden looking axes resemble Metis.

Sophia

Is "mother" supposed to be the sickly bedridden girl referred to in P4A? If so, I thought it was already stated in P4A that the ASSWs were all based on her as the origin of their personality so that they could gain a Persona? Or maybe I interpreted that wrong and it was just Labrys' model.

I don't know about the drama CD's timeline, so would it make sense that Aigis would be able to meet the same sickly girl even though she's presumed dead?

Yup, that's the girl. She's not dead apparently. There's more info about her in the drama CD. She contacts Aigis in the first half and watches her through the month of September of the game. She later contacts Aigis near the end in January, a week before fighting the final boss. Apparently she communicates with Aigis via the internet (Yes she's internet enabled...)

In regards to all the ASSWs being based off this one girl, the Drama CD says this (Fan translation)
Mysterious Girl: "There's no direct correlation. There were several different test subjects, after all. You are you. It's just that we had a direct link so I was able to talk to you when you first woke up. That's right... In human terms, I guess I'm kinda like your mother or something? A-Ah, but, based on our outward appearances, I guess I look more like your younger sister?"

The girl in the drama CD shares her voice with Metis. Where as the girl in P4A shares her voice with Labrys. Which is why I suspected they were two different people, but now I'm almost certain they're the same girl.

Also, looking at the Official Design Works now, I wouldn't say those Labrys prototypes with the giant, wooden looking axes resemble Metis.

Not so much the top one, but the bottom one certainly does. Also looks like a dark haired Aigis.

Cheddahz

Banned
Nice. Playing for the first time? Using any guides?

It wasn't my first time playing (I played vanilla P4 back on the PS2, but never managed to beat it) and I only used a guide a couple of times, mainly for last few bosses though (mainlu on the boss battle in Marie's dungeon)

jaxword

Persona 1 is really, really hard to play for the first time after you've gotten into the series with Devil Survivor and Persona 3.

cj_iwakura

I feel like just Let's Playing it, it's not really that much fun and more of a chore. Pity, I wanted to find out what the Snow Queen was all about.

Are you playing the PSP or PS1 version? Either way, it's a pretty easy game, and the story is worth experiencing. It's just a bit tedious.

Meia

Are you playing the PSP or PS1 version? Either way, it's a pretty easy game, and the story is worth experiencing. It's just a bit tedious.

Yep. Just know Nuclear, Light, and Dark do the most damage, and go from there. Every single party member had Megidolaon at the end of the game on their personas, and as long as you have strong regular weapons, no fight in the game is impossible, or hard, really.

Game is boring as crap til somewhere near the end though when the characters start really becoming characters.

cj_iwakura

Yep. Just know Nuclear, Light, and Dark do the most damage, and go from there. Every single party member had Megidolaon at the end of the game on their personas, and as long as you have strong regular weapons, no fight in the game is impossible, or hard, really.

Game is boring as crap til somewhere near the end though when the characters start really becoming characters.

Keep in mind SQQ's Thanatos Tower is the most challenging dungeon in the game, and tougher than anything in P3/P4. Even up to P2, almost. You can't save, and demons spamming AOE Mudo spells are everywhere.

It was hard to play before all those games too.

Lol, when even you won't defend it, I guess I really am one of the lone defenders of it on this site!

I feel like just Let's Playing it, it's not really that much fun and more of a chore. Pity, I wanted to find out what the Snow Queen was all about.

I wish people could like it as much as I, but yeah, if you don't like it, try the Persona 2 Duology, both games with stories leagues better than P1. Gameplay could still use work, ESP the PSP version of Innocent Sin.

Yep about the characters. I personally feel that they are good characters stuck in an underwritten game. When
most of them show up in Persona 2 and are far more interesting,
that only proves my feelings.

Sophia

Part of the reason I want the P1 cast to show back up in Persona 5 is simply because they've got so much backstory to explore. I mean
they stopped fucking NYX after all.
Plus, over ten years have happened since Persona 1. It would also balance out the feeling of the Persona 3 cast being the "experts" in the Shadow Operatives.

Meia

I just want a moment in a future game that features almost a roundtable of the casts from all of the games(or at least some from each) and discussing things. Things like arena make that seem like something that may actually happen sooner or later.

Taruranto

Meh, P1 is a pretty shitty game. Not even the story is good. It's not really worth playing today, especially with all the good stuff on PSX.

Meh, P1 is a pretty shitty game. Not even the story is good. It's not really worth playing today, especially with all the good stuff on PSX.

Don't get me wrong, if you don't like it, don't hesitate to skip it. It will never get better.

Meanwhile, in a better game (Why cant vita take pictures in PSP or PS1 games)

7jca.jpg

Empress Nemesis

ayx4.jpg

Moon Maia Custom

95bn.jpg

Heirophant Aizen Myouou

q959.jpg

Death Hel

d3dw.jpg

Cup Matsuo-sama

cjkeats

After Scrafty mentioned Trauma Center yesterday, I went and started Under the Knife. I got about halfway through it in one sitting. Continued it today and got to anther of those
triangle GUILT things that keeps regenerating
and threw the game across the room.
The story is pretty "eh" so far. If I find the patience to continue past that level I will probably finish it.

Who did the art in this? It all looks familiar, but I can't put my finger on it. EDIT: Seems to be Maguro Ikehata. looks like one of the only games they've done. :/

Astra

After Scrafty mentioned Trauma Center yesterday, I went and started Under the Knife. I got about halfway through it in one sitting. Continued it today and got to anther of those
triangle GUILT things that keeps regenerating
and threw the game across the room.
The story is pretty "eh" so far. If I find the patience to continue past that level I will probably finish it.

Who did the art in this? It all looks familiar, but I can't put my finger on it.

Haha, I think the first game is the hardest in the series.
But yeah, that part is fucking terrible.

Haha, I think the first game is the hardest in the series.
But yeah, that part is fucking terrible.

I agree with both of these sentiments. Under the Knife 2 is my favourite for a few reasons:

1. It had juuuuuust the right level of difficulty: challenging, but not frustrating, and with fhe ability to drop down a level if you got stuck.

2. The characters and story are at their best. Even though the game tackles some heavy themes at certain points, it's not afraid to be cheesy as well. Special mention goes to
"The Healing Touch can also be used... FOR KILLING!"
for making me spew my beverage all over my DS ^_^

3. The music is godlike. The last surgery's theme in particular is an epic tune, and among my favourite final boss themes ever.

4. The gameplay is balanced. Only one form of GUILT is "cheap," and the rest have logical, methodical ways of being dealt with once you get into the groove of things. The new tools and surgeries are also really satisfying.

5. The X-Missions. ATLUS gaming at its finest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom