• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread: The Butterfly Effect

Status
Not open for further replies.

Noi

Got the Accomplice ending in P4G. I enjoyed that way more than I thought I would. I kinda want a non-canon follow-up to that ending to see what would come of it.

As an aside, did anyone click that my name was a Metal Gear pun?

I thought it was a play on "Dante" at first.

Nice boat.

Where does YOUR name come from anyway? It seems like some sort of reference I should get.

Speaking of nice boats, our ship docked right next to this ship in Cozumel, Mexico.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/02/11/travel/cruise-ship-fire

It was also returning to its destination after being out for 3 days. Strange, I talked to some people from that ship as they were going back into the ship, the lines to the two ships were right next to each other. Apparently, no one is hurt or anything, but man, they are still stranded out there with no AC or power.

Omikaru

.... no seriously, I don't think you can beat mine. Mine isn't legible pretty much period.

I might just write something and take a picture of it now, so GAF can see if it's really all that bad. I'm pretty sure I failed Philosophy A-Level because the examiner couldn't read my writing.

Squire

Banned
Also, I was thinking, where did everyone's user names come from? We have some really peculiar ones in here. Mine came from my Xbox Live GamerTag that I set up back in '04. I was only 14, and my friend and I thought it would be hilarious to have Metal Gear themed pun-names. My real name is Dan, and so, PsychoDantis. Shortened it to Dantis in the later years to remove the Metal Gear association, and here I am.

http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Fayth

FFX is my favorite game.

0991 comes from September 18th, 1991

Birthday? Mine is 09/20/92 :)

Anyway, another Liz:

vtSMUrv.jpg

And a really slick Mitsuru. You may be in luck, Deadpool!

wgWd1WX.jpg

Wwn6NMX.jpg

o8LuGNz.jpg

Nice, Inorigo. Sweet figures.

I just bought a whole set of these smaller ones from plamoya.com:
johnsmith said:

Yup! UMvC3, P4A are my main games, trying to get more into SF4, SFxT, and KOF for Evo this year. Which system are you on?

PS3, and I'm going to EVO with some people and cj_iwakura. (buy your ticket already, cj)

You going to EVO? I think that PersonaGAF should roll deep out there, we'll all go out for dinner and drinks or w/e.

cj_iwakura

cj = Christopher James
Iwakura = Serial Experiments Lain's main character's last name. Yeah, I'm kind of a fan.

And my handwriting is the worst.

Noi

I wish I could fly freely to stuff, but living in PR means that any US ticket is already $400+. :| This year's trip is already spent on going to PAX East.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Nice, Inorigo. Sweet figures.

I just bought a whole set of these smaller ones from plamoya.com:

PS3, and I'm going to EVO with some people and cj_iwakura. (buy your ticket already, cj)

You going to EVO? I think that PersonaGAF should roll deep out there, we'll all go out for dinner and drinks or w/e.

Maybe. I Dunno. I'm not all that into fighting games, but I do need to get out more...

I'm going to Evo, my dad is treating me to the trip out, so I'll probably be spending most of my non-tournament time hanging out with him (too young to drink anyways, lol). If you ever want to grab any matches of P4A online, just him me up!

Omikaru

I'd go to EVO too, but I've got about £2,000 which I'm keeping for travel around the US during PAX Prime time. I may be going to that this year, since it's still feasible being as it's later on in the year, but I dunno. Have to think it through.

I'm going to Evo, my dad is treating me to the trip out, so I'll probably be spending most of my non-tournament time hanging out with him (too young to drink anyways, lol). If you ever want to grab any matches of P4A online, just him me up!

Yeah man, check the P4A OT for my PSN handle and plenty others. Yeah, EVO is going to be pretty amazing, probably the only time we see Persona there.

Help me convince jello to go!

Anyone/everyone should go to Evo if they can (or at the very least watch it!) because even if you don't follow the FGC intensely, fighting games are easy enough to follow and hype enough that they're a blast to watch even without that much knowledge.

So like, I check the PS Blog to see what is going on the PSN next Tuesday. Persona 4 Arena digital download. Is this a sign, am I meant to buy this again?

Sophia

So like, I check the PS Blog to see what is going on the PSN next Tuesday. Persona 4 Arena digital download. Is this a sign, am I meant to buy this again?

If you already own it, why would you buy it again?

(I'd be tempted to sell my copy just for a digital copy tho. I hate having to get up to get it out...)

Noi

Yup. I probably will too and get rid of my physical copy.

...Or maybe I'll just keep both like I've done every version of P3.

I am lookin at the pictures on my phone, and I totally have a picture of the boat that would lose power and become stranded in the middle of the sea, on it. Carnaval Triumph. Eerie.

FluxWaveZ

Hmph, I beat Brkrdave 2/3! Though... that was netplay and it's different than local, obviously.

Still a bit funny to me how Dacid switched from Aki to Chie.

Yeah I think that the PS3 scene is healthier.

Honestly, I like watching it more than playing it. High level play is crazy. Here's two of the best players in the US (Chie vs Teddie):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYAY2RzV_PI&t=3h14m03s

>Two of the best players in the US
>Chie
>Not Marlinpie

Armada pls

Edit: The last (and only time) I went to a P4A tournament was at The Runback a number of weeks ago, and I was absolutely free, went 0-2 ;_;

Yeah I think that the PS3 scene is healthier.

Honestly, I like watching it more than playing it. High level play is crazy. Here's two of the best players in the US (Chie vs Teddie):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYAY2RzV_PI&t=3h14m03s

Coming from a PS3 standpoint, only problem is that ranked matches... well, lets say you're more likely to find a tumbleweed first before an opponent. Player lobbies however are still pretty lively so it's not a total loss.

Sophia

Coming from a PS3 standpoint, only problem is that ranked matches... well, lets say you're more likely to find a tumbleweed first before an opponent. Player lobbies however are still pretty lively so it's not a total loss.

Not much of a loss. Ranked matches were flawed in their execution and not a real ranking of anything anyhow.

Not much of a loss. Ranked matches were flawed in their execution and not a real ranking of anything anyhow.

True, PSR (which they use to determine skill level when searching for matches) is a flawed system in it's own merit. But I dunno for some reason playing ranked is my go-to thing. I blame Capcom fighters for that lol

But yeah, lobbies are all good

cj_iwakura

Is there a deadline for Evo signups or a fear of it selling out? I think I'm good for it, but just want to be sure there's no rush.
(Also, how are accommodations worked out? I'm sure there's cheaper places than the Evo sanctioned ones.)

Is there a deadline for Evo signups or a fear of it selling out? I think I'm good for it, but just want to be sure there's no rush.
(Also, how are accommodations worked out? I'm sure there's cheaper places than the Evo sanctioned ones.)

Right now there's the earlybird rates, and as time goes on it'll just cost more. The Paris also has hotel deals for Evo too, so it actually is pretty cheap to stay there during the weekend. There may be cheaper places (actually, there probably are), but staying at the hotel Evo is at is not only more convenient, but also helps them get more rooms for future hotels, according to Mr. Wizard. (Also, as an aside, the Paris also has godlike restaurants too!)

Hmph, I beat Brkrdave 2/3! Though... that was netplay and it's different than local, obviously.

Still a bit funny to me how Dacid switched from Aki to Chie.

Nice! And you're not going to EVO? Who do you play as?

>Two of the best players in the US
>Chie
>Not Marlinpie

Armada pls

Edit: The last (and only time) I went to a P4A tournament was at The Runback a number of weeks ago, and I was absolutely free, went 0-2 ;_;

Hey Kyoku is amazing, too! Marlinpie is incredible as well, I like how he plays Chie. I'm a Chie player too, and I'm free as hell.

Hey Smedwicks, you hear anything about JP Persona players coming to EVO? I'm not sure who all to expect.

cj_iwakura

I bet DC from Florida is going for P4A(he won the Orlando major), and he's godlike.

I have no chance of winning P4A. I went up against him at a small Miami tournament and got mutilated. Imagine Evo.

A BB tourney is my best chance at anything.

Nice! And you're not going to EVO? Who do you play as?

Hey Kyoku is amazing, too! Marlinpie is incredible as well, I like how he plays Chie. I'm a Chie player too, and I'm free as hell.

Hey Smedwicks, you hear anything about JP Persona players coming to EVO? I'm not sure who all to expect.

I'm a free as hell Akihiko (potentially going to switch to Mitsuru), so even just watching Alex Valle beast in the game despite being an SF-head was both an amazing sight to see and kinda saddening in the fact that who knows if I would be that good.

I don't know much about Japanese Persona players coming to Evo. I'm sure Dacidbro or LordKnight or one of the anime players would probably have a better clue, sorry.

TWILT

Banned
Wish I could go to Evo this year. I'd enter Marvel, P4A, and Melee
and get wrecked in all of them
for sure.

Noi

Who I main in P4A is rather obvious. Haven't played in a while though... I should go back to that once I beat P4G.

Even if you guys don't go to Evo, do your part to tune in during the games, and if you have the money (I think it was 11$ last year) subscribe for no ads and to help out! Evo 2013 will probably be the craziest year to tune in or be there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom