• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread: The Butterfly Effect

Status
Not open for further replies.
I actually thought of that idea some time ago, but not in respects to a Persona game. The biggest issue with it is that it'd be covering ground that Aigis/Labrys/Metis/
Kanaru
already covered story-wise, so you'd just be setting up for a Robotic Reveal.

How about it is revealed from the start that you are a robot. And you break out of the lab or w/e and the plot points involve you concealing your identity as a Persona using robot? Or robot maid. Either works.

Or hell, what am I thinking, it wouldn't really need to be a robot per se, but rather a denizen of the Velvet Room, like Elizabeth. You could be this naive outsider.

Noi

Buddha's gone for a week and he still has a higher post count than I do. I blame classwork.

...Yet I should be working on something but I'm playing P4G instead. >_>

Dantis

It loses some of its charm when you spend HOURS on that stage.

But yes, Catherine is sheer perfection.

My favorite song was On The Lamb(Between Man & Woman).
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F8cVRpSJgIw

When I listen to stuff like this, I really feel like Meguro spends a lot more time tweaking his main projects than things like Arena and Golden. It's astoundingly polished.

Also, I'm not man enough to finish Hard, let alone Babel. I need to give it another go sometime soon, but man, it was really tough.

tbh I'd take that over the PSVita skin. The catch, however, is that it's a GAME exclusive, and frankly I don't fancy paying an extra £5 just for the badges (especially considering with ShopTo, I'll probably be playing on the Thursday)

Yeah, I'd take it over the skin too. I'd just screw up applying the skin, and I'm not sure I want one on anyway.

Has anyone who got one left it on all this time?

Noi

Has anyone who got one left it on all this time?

Hi. I actively use the face cover too, it's a lot handier than I thought it would be.

There's exactly one bubble where I scerewed up on the skin though. >_< Would have been avoided if I wasn't so OCD about everything lining up perfectly.

cj_iwakura

When I listen to stuff like this, I really feel like Meguro spends a lot more time tweaking his main projects than things like Arena and Golden. It's astoundingly polished.

Also, I'm not man enough to finish Hard, let alone Babel. I need to give it another go sometime soon, but man, it was really tough.

Do it. Once you finish Hard, you're ready for the world.

For fear of being a shill, my FAQ should help.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/ps3/605302-catherine/faqs/62439

Dantis

Both of mine are still in the wrapper.

Both?

Also, I was thinking, where did everyone's user names come from? We have some really peculiar ones in here. Mine came from my Xbox Live GamerTag that I set up back in '04. I was only 14, and my friend and I thought it would be hilarious to have Metal Gear themed pun-names. My real name is Dan, and so, PsychoDantis. Shortened it to Dantis in the later years to remove the Metal Gear association, and here I am.

Sophia

Both?

Also, I was thinking, where did everyone's user names come from? We have some really peculiar ones in here. Mine came from my Xbox Live GamerTag that I set up back in '04. I was only 14, and my friend and I thought it would be hilarious to have Metal Gear themed pun-names. My real name is Dan, and so, PsychoDantis. Shortened it to Dantis in the later years to remove the Metal Gear association, and here I am.

My PSN name is old and not really worth telling, my Xbox 360 tag is the name of my WoW character, and if I need to tell you what "Sophia" is... >.>;

^Sophia The Ocean, an alternative rock band from Chile

This is clearly what it is.

I was sittin with my cousin and one of my best friends one day many years ago. I was thinking of what my gamertag should be. I looked around my cousin's house for some inspiration. I see a statue of his mom's. It vaguely looked like this.

small-garden-buddha.jpg

Bingo. Yep. That is really the story of how my name came to be.

v Congrats bro!

Noi

Oh hey, grats on Member-dom FluxWave!

Both?

Not much to it. I'd gotten tired of my previous username that I used online and I asked a friend to give me a new one. She came up with it, and it stuck. Doesn't really stand for or mean anything, though it was much later that I realized it means stuff in other languages or can be used as "Nation of Islam". I can never register anywhere as just plain "Noi", so I was surprised when it was unclaimed here.

Omikaru

Mine means nothing, I think. When I ran my MGS fansite when I was 14 or so someone made it up for me, and I just stuck with it because I was 14 and it was cool. After a few years, it was shortened to just Omi on that community, which was fine, but I was stuck with it on PSN and GAF.

If I could change it on PSN, I'd probably just ditch it on GAF too. I don't like it any more and much prefer just Omi, chrisplayedthat or akwinters, which is what I use for most other things nowadays. Plus since being a member since 2006 or so, people are finally starting to recognise me. Until I changed my Korra avatar to Celty, now I'm back to square one again. D:

Dantis

I ruined mine within 5 minutes of trying to apply it to my Vita. Went straight into the bin.

Superb! This is exactly what I would have done too, I'm sure. Incredibly though, I managed to preorder (And receive, obviously) the game twice and somehow not get a skin either time.

Do it. Once you finish Hard, you're ready for the world.

For fear of being a shill, my FAQ should help.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/ps3/605302-catherine/faqs/62439

Cheers! I'll give it a look soon then.

Loving the user name stories. For some reason I'd never realised that Sophia's might just be her name, haha. Keep 'em coming!

Sophia

Not much to it. I'd gotten tired of my previous username that I used online and I asked a friend to give me a new one. She came up with it, and it stuck. Doesn't really stand for or mean anything, though it was much later that I realized it means stuff in other languages or can be used as "Nation of Islam". I can never register anywhere as just plain "Noi", so I was surprised when it was unclaimed here.

I was pretty surprised when I asked for a name change that Sophia was unclaimed. That's almost unheard of in big online communities. But I get to use my real name, so yaay!

FluxWaveZ

Oh hey, grats on Member-dom FluxWave!
Thanks!

Also, I was thinking, where did everyone's user names come from? We have some really peculiar ones in here.

I came up with mine about 6 years ago as my internet name. It doesn't mean anything and I guess I just associated the word "flux" with a "wave" and added a "Z" for effect? Kinda dumb, but unique, I suppose.

There's a way to change names? I'll be honest I picked this name because I use it on a couple other sites, but that's been going on for a while now and a change of pace would do fine.

Omikaru

There's a way to change names? I'll be honest I picked this name because I use it on a couple other sites, but that's been going on for a while now and a change of pace would do fine.

You need to ask a mod or admin.

I've been seriously considering changing mine too, as that'd just leave my PSN being Omikaru, but I'm not sure because I'd much prefer to maintain one identity across all my places. Hopefully Sony lets us have a clean slate next-gen by letting us change our PSN name.

Smedwicks was originally going to be Pinkysmedwicks when I was making a WoW character like 7+ years ago. Pinkysmedwicks didn't work, so, Smedwicks.

Also, I need to post in this thread more. I feel like an un-dutiful member of Persona-GAF.

Jintor

Smedwicks was originally going to be Pinkysmedwicks when I was making a WoW character like 7+ years ago. Pinkysmedwicks didn't work, so, Smedwicks.

Also, I need to post in this thread more. I feel like an un-dutiful member of Persona-GAF.

I meant to mention this earlier but I love your avatar

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu

Guy at Gamestop gave me one for my preorder. Another one came in the Golden Edition.

My initials are JEL. The first two letters of my last name are LO. So I just jammed them together. I was originally going to go with 4, which was my jersey number back when I played baseball, but it was taken, so I added another 4. (I also used 44 as a jersey number). I've just been way too lazy to change it, plus it kinda stands out, even though everyone just calls me "jello". :p

And that's pretty much it.

My PSN name is old and not really worth telling.

Aww why not? Tell!

I meant to mention this earlier but I love your avatar

Thanks! :D The cat drawing was made on a wooden box at a restaurant I went to with my family not too long ago, so I wanted to make my mark, and as such, wrote "When's Mahvel?" I'm the only one out of my family to get it, but I think it makes a good avatar!

Sophia

You're going to have to elaborate on this one. What's a Pandarin Brewmaster and how does it relate to Jintor?

Pandaren are basically Humanoid Pandas in World of Warcraft. Brewmasters are basically monks who tank by getting really really drunk. How it relates to Jintor I'm not quite sure. :D

Dantis

Guy at Gamestop gave me one for my preorder. Another one came in the Golden Edition.

My initials are JEL. The first two letters of my last name are LO. So I just jammed them together. I was originally going to go with 4, which was my jersey number back when I played baseball, but it was taken, so I added another 4. (I also used 44 as a jersey number). I've just been way too lazy to change it, plus it kinda stands out, even though everyone just calls me "jello". :p

And that's pretty much it.

Aaaah. That's actually pretty neat.

No idea why, but I really like hearing stuff like this.

Pandaren are basically Humanoid Pandas in World of Warcraft. Brewmasters are basically monks who tank by getting really really drunk. How it relates to Jintor I'm not quite sure. :D

Ah. I played WoW back when it first came out, got to about level 20 and got bored, haha. MMOs aren't for me. :p

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Thanks! :D The cat drawing was made on a wooden box at a restaurant I went to with my family not too long ago, so I wanted to make my mark, and as such, wrote "When's Mahvel?" I'm the only one out of my family to get it, but I think it makes a good avatar!

I thought it said "Where's Manuel?"

Jintor

Ah. I played WoW back when it first came out, got to about level 20 and got bored, haha. MMOs aren't for me. :p

Back when the first Warcraft III expansion was released there was a new neutral hero unit called the Pandaran Brewmaster and they had a whole heap of randomly generated names, mainly of pseudo-Chinese/Japanese origin. One of them was Jinto Reedwine and, well, I just stole the first bit, added an initial and continued merrily on my way.

I don't think it means anything, it just kinda sounds Japanesey.

I don't even really like warcraft that much, but the name's a good one

Dantis

Back when the first Warcraft III expansion was released there was a new neutral hero unit called the Pandaran Brewmaster and they had a whole heap of randomly generated names, mainly of pseudo-Chinese/Japanese origin. One of them was Jinto Reedwine and, well, I just stole the first bit, added an initial and continued merrily on my way.

I don't think it means anything, it just kinda sounds Japanesey.

I don't even really like warcraft that much, but the name's a good one

That's dynamite. How would anyone guess that?

As an aside, did anyone click that my name was a Metal Gear pun?

Aw man, my handwriting is getting put on blast! D:

Don't worry, mine is 100% illegible.

It's a running joke between me and my friends that my handwriting is essentially Russian...

...Studiyng isn't fun, especially with pen smudges due to being left handed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom