• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread: The Butterfly Effect

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sophia

So what kind of weapon does the female protagonist use, and what type of damage does it deal (strike slash pierce)? I remember when I started playing P3 through the digital version of Fes (before I got glitched and my save data died) that you could use whatever weapon you wanted with the exception of guns and knives, but then the male protagonist in portable can only use 1 hand swords.

She uses Naginatas exclusively and it counts as slash. The game effectively treats their weapons as the same weapons, just with different icons.

Sophia

Probably self trained. Her wielding a Naginata is likely a gender stereotype, as Naginatajutsu is often learned by women if I understand correctly.

Not that I mind, I like Pole weapons.

Dantis

Aaaw man, preordering P4G in the UK gets you set of badges? :O

600644_10151211308016895_175726308_n.jpg

Trigger

Fun fact: In eight days, we have nearly as many posts as the previous community thread had.

PersonaGAF = best GAF?

Once P5 is announced we'll accelerate to the speed of light.

Not when they are hockey sticks!

And for that matter, where did MC learn to use all his weapons then. ;p

Apparently he is just that badass. The guy (and gal) adapts. Bloody trainstations? Sudden darkness all over the place?Need to shoot yourself in the head? No problem.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Fun fact: In eight days, we have nearly as many posts as the previous community thread had.

PersonaGAF = best GAF?

Hall of shame post?

Hall of shame post.
  1. Sophia 212
  2. Jintor 164
  3. Dantis 155
  4. buddha0991 153
  5. Inorigo 116
  6. jello44 112
  7. Trigger 106
  8. Deadpool940 80
  9. Noi 76
  10. FluxWaveZ 76

Squire

Banned

PersonaGAF = best GAF?

Of course!

Lucky!

Hall of shame post?

Hall of shame post.
  1. Sophia 212
  2. Jintor 164
  3. Dantis 155
  4. buddha0991 153
  5. Inorigo 116
  6. jello44 112
  7. Trigger 106
  8. Deadpool940 80
  9. Noi 76
  10. FluxWaveZ 76

Hmm. I'm consistently #5/6 in these.

I'm gonna see if I can find more pics of the new merch at WonFes.

Dantis

Will I pay £34.99 to get that set of pins from GAME? There is a distinct possibility that I may.

Haha, I really can't justify buying a third copy of Golden. I know one of the guys who works in the local GAME, so I might ask him if he has any spares. I have a feeling he'll say no though. :p

So if you had to choose one, which would you rather have in Persona 5:

1. Elementary school student party member
  2. Female, robot maid party member
  3. Mascot, comic relief party member

Persona-GAF will take over once Persona 5 is announced.

Definitely, both for the good and bad that comes of it. It is a big deal after all, Atlus has succeeded in taking their IP to better heights and made P4 one of the greatest JRPGs ever, now they have a high bar to hit with this next entry.

Definitely, both for the good and bad that comes of it. It is a big deal after all, Atlus has succeeded in taking their IP to better heights and made P4 one of the greatest JRPGs ever, now they have a high bar to hit with this next entry.

3. It will be Jack Frost or Black Frost.

Sophia

This. What an iconic design, does anybody know where it first showed up? The Jack Frost, I mean.

I dunno when it appeared exactly, but it has to be an old design; It's in Megami Tensei 2 for the NES.

Also I an given the distinct impression that your poll is biased considering we've had two of those three options already, yet we haven't had the robot maid. :p

tbh I'd take that over the PSVita skin. The catch, however, is that it's a GAME exclusive, and frankly I don't fancy paying an extra £5 just for the badges (especially considering with ShopTo, I'll probably be playing on the Thursday)

I dunno when it appeared exactly, but it has to be an old design; It's in Megami Tensei 2 for the NES.

Also I an given the distinct impression that your poll is biased considering we've had two of those three options already, yet we haven't had the robot maid. :p

Damn, I guess it was my Freudian slip!

Hey, you know Sophia, your avatar has got me thinking... what if the P5 protag is a robot, similar to Aegis, but indistinguishable from a human, okay? And the thing is, this particular android doesn't know that it is an android, and thus, you are a blank slate to become "human". I think that could be a good premise.

Hey, you know Sophia, your avatar has got me thinking... what if the P5 protag is a robot, similar to Aegis, but indistinguishable from a human, okay? And the thing is, this particular android doesn't know that it is an android, and thus, you are a blank slate to become "human". I think that could be a good premise.

Male MC looks like JC Denton or Adam Jensen, Female MC looks like Motoko Kusanagi

FluxWaveZ

But that'd be Labrys all over again...

Sophia

I actually thought of that idea some time ago, but not in respects to a Persona game. The biggest issue with it is that it'd be covering ground that Aigis/Labrys/Metis/
Kanaru
already covered story-wise, so you'd just be setting up for a Robotic Reveal.

But that'd be Labrys all over again...

Yeah exactly. If they hadn't already done it (not just once, but FOUR TIMES) it'd make a great premise.

cj_iwakura

2's already in Soul Hackers! Outside of being a party member anyway.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu

At least, not in Persona. We get that in April.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom