• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread: The Butterfly Effect

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll see if I can find release info for you :)

I'm going to watch Evo, but I appreciate your drive to bring the community together, Armada.

Hold it down Purseowners!! :O

We'll fight in your honor Inorigo! :D

Yeah, I need to write down the PersonaGAF people that are going so we can set up a meet up somewhere.

Excuse me guys, but what is evo and where and when does it take place? orz

An international fighting game tournament in Las Vegas from July 12 until July 14. Costs $50 for a competitor pass and $10 for each game you are entering. Accommodations are like $99 a night average around Vegas.

TWILT

Banned
Excuse me guys, but what is evo and where and when does it take place? orz

It's probably the biggest fighting game tourney in the world that takes place once every year. Think it usually takes place in Las Vegas. Persona 4 Arena is one of the eight main games this year.

Mr. Shankly

Neo Member
-O- SNICKER-DOODLE I can't go either even though I'd love to meet Persona GAFers. I live in Texas so.... And also I don't have money to spend on a plane ticket, hotel and spending. Any persona gaf people in texas?

-O- SNICKER-DOODLE I can't go either even though I'd love to meet Persona GAFers. I live in Texas so.... And also I don't have money to spend on a plane ticket, hotel and spending. Any persona gaf people in texas?

Well, Shankly here on GAF they'll have a thread for all of the streams, so you can watch most of the matches and the finals. You can watch me get destroyed ; ;

If EVO wasn't so far away I'd be all up for going there. Being in some part of middle of nowhere New York, that ain't in the cards. However, I sure as hell will be watching it.

Wish I could go to Evo this year. I'd enter Marvel, P4A, and Melee
and get wrecked in all of them
for sure.

You are pretty good with Yu, man. Hope you can make it, TWILT!

Wow, Melee and Marvel are so hype and I don't even play those. Persona 4 Arena is hype as well, but I think that the viewer needs to have somewhat of an understanding of the gameplay. Anime fgc etc.

Yeah, pretty sure I'm not going to EVO unless I get real lucky. I'm a Shadow Labrys main. Currently ranked #8 in EXP and #4 in PSR, on PSN, in the world, haha. Doesn't mean much, but it shows how much time I spent with the game.

Holy crap, man. You could darkhouse P4A :)

Well, best of luck, the more the merrier and you wouldn't be alone out there.

Mr. Shankly

Neo Member
GAF ROAD TRIP LEGGO. PICK EVERYONE UP GET SOME ROOMS GOIN' EVERYONE PITCH IN.

I'll be sure to catch some of the action with you guys! Shit should get real.

armada omg! uh will you tell us who you would be or otherwise i would have no clue who to cheer for.

Real talk if anyone from Persona-GAF hears my name when I'm called for Pools or anything, feel free to say hey! :D I'll be signed up for all the games but MK and TTT2, so I'll be running around all weekend (or at least all Friday and Saturday, lol).

armada omg! uh will you tell us who you would be or otherwise i would have no clue who to cheer for.

Oh, definitely man. I'm putting together a list of people going and I'll get their fighting game handles so if there happens to be a stream on the pools, PersonaGAF can watch/cheer/boo us.

I hope that some Atlus employees make it out there, I want to buy one of those P4A shirts :)

Mr. Shankly

Neo Member
Oh, definitely man. I'm putting together a list of people going and I'll get their fighting game handles so if there happens to be a stream on the pools, PersonaGAF can watch/cheer/boo us.

I hope that some Atlus employees make it out there, I want to buy one of those P4A shirts :)

awesome! now where can i get the tomatoes to THROW THEM AT YOU
Nah I'll be sure to cheer you on ;u;/

Ooh shirts sound fancy. I want some Persona shirts.

awesome! now where can i get the tomatoes to THROW THEM AT YOU
Nah I'll be sure to cheer you on ;u;/

Ooh shirts sound fancy. I want some Persona shirts.

Haha, when I read your posts, I hear them in my head as if Teddie is saying them :D

I wish I could go, but it's on the other side of the country and I'll never have the money to make such a trip.

Well, depending on a couple of things, they might be pressured into an EVO East, which would definitely make it easier people. Or so I've heard.

Haha, when I read your posts, I hear them in my head as if Teddie is saying them :D

Well, depending on a couple of things, they might be pressured into an EVO East, which would definitely make it easier people. Or so I've heard.

Pretty sure The Fall Classic is confirmed, they just haven't given any details out on it yet.

You flatter me sir (ɔ ˘⌣˘)˘⌣˘ c)

Hehe, you totally have to have Teddie avatars for a long time.

Pretty sure The Fall Classic is confirmed, they just haven't given any details out on it yet.

That is great, it'll probably a take while to get near the level of EVO, but it's great to have something out east. How many people do you think will be at EVO this year?

That is great, it'll probably a take while to get near the level of EVO, but it's great to have something out east. How many people do you think will be at EVO this year?

I probably couldn't make any accurate estimates as to total entrants, but I'd say Marvel and SF4 will probably, at the least, have 1500 entrants each, maybe SF4 could have upwards of 2000? Like I said, not entirely sure, just sort of making a ballpark guess.

As for The Fall Classic, it'll take time to get to the level of Evo, but Evo is its own beast, really. The Fall Classic will have all the big East Coast TO's, like LI Joe, Sweet Johnny Cage, Shinblanka, and Big E., so it'll definitely have quite the reputation just from who'll be setting it up, at the least.

Young Magus

....we still doing the name thing right?

Mine came from the combo if the name of the Chrono Trigger character and the first part of my first name.

Tamanon

Banned
A mix of Tamahome from Fushigi Yuugi and my old Everquest/World of Warcraft character Nonsha.

And Nonsha was an anagram of my ex Shannon.

Omg. How can you look at him and say he's your least favourite??? I want a RPG-dog crossover game. Boney, Repede, Koromaru, etc. The bosses can be those lame cats from FF7.

180px-Koromaru.jpg

I like his design. I like the idea of the party having a pet.

I don't like the idea of a dog having a Persona.

In my mind, the androids are way weirder than the dog.

...I think it was Keiichi who argued that the designs for them are blatantly pandering? I agree with him...A tiny bit...somewhat....:x

After what Persona 2 had, almost nothing in this series is weird. :p

Actually weirdness has really just been a part of the series from the beginning. So yeah...

To be fair, the whole crux of Persona 2 is RUMORS BECOME REALITY? HOLY SHIT IS WHAT I AM SEEING ACTUALLY HAPPENING? WHAT THE FUCK MAN HOLY CRAP DUDE!

Tesso also makes sense in the context of what is actually going on, but yep, still silly.

Oh lol, that video was a dude playing on an emulator, it mixed up the song that is supposed to be used for the boss fight there.

Sophia

To be fair, the whole crux of Persona 2 is RUMORS BECOME REALITY? HOLY SHIT IS WHAT I AM SEEING ACTUALLY HAPPENING? WHAT THE FUCK MAN HOLY CRAP DUDE!

Tesso also makes sense in the context of what is actually going on, but yep, still silly.

Even with the premise, it's still far sillier than the Androids, who fit the Jungian themes pretty well. =P

The music for Tesso helps. :D

Really, more than... Ken?

Yeah seriously! Ken's far worse than Koromaru. :|

Sophia

Ken is a bad character, but I feel like he makes sense, whereas Koromaru feels like he was thrown in to tick an anime trope checklist.

Koromaru was actually one of the earliest planned characters, according to Soejima. If anything, Ken was thrown in to tick an anime trope checklist. =P

I liked how Persona 4 characters had to face the structural manifestation of their psyche in order to get a Persona. In Persona 3, the characters just have them. And Koromaru, as cool as he may be, is pretty silly :)

A dog needs a facade to overcome life's hardships? Dog's have a psychic apparatus?

Kandori was a cool villain in Persona 1
and 2

Hell, almost all of the P2 villains are great man!

P3 had the absolute worst ones, and P4 had a decent one but, yea.

Pirabear

Banned
Kandori was a cool villain in Persona 1
and 2

Hell, almost all of the P2 villains are great man!

P3 had the absolute worst ones, and P4 had a decent one but, yea.

I honestly don't remember what Strega's intentions were lol. They just kinda...screwed around during Dark Hour? Then handed out flyers for the final boss?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom