• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread: The Butterfly Effect

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tamanon

Banned
Oh I have a question for everybody. What was your first Person or SMT game?

Persona 1, or Revelations: Persona as it was called in the first release. Fell in love with the setting and the dungeon style I was used to from the Gold Box AD&D days. Was hanging out at #2 on my favorite RPG list, right behind Lufia 2, until Persona 2 Eternal Punishment came out and claimed a new #1.

Sophia

FES is only for PS2, right? Want to play on Vita, but I have fear that maybe I'll be disapointed after playing P4

FES is for the PS2 or (if you have no other option) PS3. But you can get Persona 3 Portable if you want it on the Vita. Not quite as good as playing FES tho.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
FES is only for PS2, right? Want to play on Vita, but I have fear that maybe I'll be disapointed after playing P4

FES is PS2 only, there is a port on PS3 via PSN, but has some save issues. But you can work around this by using like three to four save slots.

There is a PSP version, but it's a little watered down compared to FES, but there are some improvements that outweigh the negatives a bit.

If you have the option, play FES first, then the PSP version. If you can only play the PSP version, then that is fine.

Noi

Does Ameno-sagiri use Megidolaon? Him using just Megidola and wrecking my party is already a sign that I should level up some more.

(MC level 64)

KaidoRacer7

FES is for the PS2 or (if you have no other option) PS3. But you can get Persona 3 Portable if you want it on the Vita. Not quite as good as playing FES tho.

FES is PS2 only, there is a port on PS3 via PSN, but has some save issues. But you can work around this by using like three to four save slots.

There is a PSP version, but it's a little watered down compared to FES, but there are some improvements that outweigh the negatives a bit.

If you have the option, play FES first, then the PSP version. If you can only play the PSP version, then that is fine.

Gotta play FES man, them animated cutscenes.

Also, is it pronounced F E S or fes as in festival? I always say Persona 3 F E S.

Cool, didnt know that it was available for PS3 and much more cheaper! I'll go for it, thanks!

Dantis

It's Valentine's Day evening, and I'm sat eating KFC, drawing Persona fanart and reading NeoGAF.

Sometimes I feel like my life may be lacking in direction.

you get better reach from tumblr's hashtag system. DeviantART is a cesspool of overcomplexity in terms of organisation, anyway.

Tumblr seems better than dA. That's where I pluck a few from.

dA averages from pretty decent to creepy shit... then again, tumblr can too, but I havent' seen anything there like at dA.

Sound. I'll put one together when I can be bothered.

It's Valentine's Day evening, and I'm sat eating KFC, drawing Persona fanart and reading NeoGAF.

Sometimes I feel like my life may be lacking in direction.

Don't worry Dantis, I'll be eating pizza, doing homework, and reading NeoGAF tonight, so you're not alone.

Well, sorta. :p

Dantis

Don't worry Dantis, I'll be eating pizza, doing homework, and reading NeoGAF tonight, so you're not alone.

Well, sorta. :p

High five!

Also, are any of you getting DOA5+ when it comes out? If you do, we should game on!

EDIT: Oh, and my first SMT game was Nocturne. Loved it, then I played Persona 3 and my brain exploded in amazement.

Mr. Shankly

Neo Member
Dantis I'll probably be here from time to time =p I think I'm going out to dinner tonight with my parents but other than that I'll be doing homework, being on gaf, and basically sitting around by the computer.

Omikaru

PersonaGAFHandwriting_zpsb60d2db8.jpg
Embarrassing, I know...

But I think Smedwicks is still the winner.

Sophia

I think that's because it's aged a lot worse than any other game in the series. If you're new to it in this day and age, it's really archaic. Heck, I didn't even play RPGs when Persona 1 came out...

The gameplay hasn't aged TOO bad, but the story sure has... :p

Also, I'll spare everyone a rant on how the tarot card system is the spawn of YHWH.

NichM

Banned
Mah man. It makes me sad that people are so hard on it.

Me too kind of, but it's really understandable. There's a lot that doesn't work so well in that game (the experience system, the dungeon design, how obtuse fusion is compared to modern-day megaten) that you have to wade through to get to the good stuff (the story, the music). I found it rewarding enough to do so, but I wouldn't blame someone else if they couldn't.

Noi

It was amusing having to explain to everyone in my campus vidya group why I was fighting with a giant green penis on a chariot shooting white stuff. (Megidolaon).

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
The gameplay hasn't aged TOO bad, but the story sure has... :p

Also, I'll spare everyone a rant on how the tarot card system is the spawn of YHWH.

That's exactly it, so you get so frustrated you don't want to get the necessary demons to defeat him!

Today's PersonaGAF post is brought to you by Amorous Snake

100px-Amorous_Snake.png

Because I couldn't get a picture of Carnal Snake from the Megaten wiki and I'm too lazy for google.

Dantis

Comic relief re: Yukiko's blatant crush. That's how I read it, anyway.

...I still don't get it.

As an aside, did some people find some of the new relationship stuff a little bit... Creepy? I liked the more humorous, awkward stuff of P3 and P4 than what P4G added. Naoto was especially erm... heavy handed, I guess? With her dialogue.

Also, forgot to say cheers for the positive comments on the Labrys picture. d(^^d)

Noi

8473912983_f813f943b5_b.jpg

The one persona I've actually made an effort to get a sweet skill arrangement on. Gonna make a quad elemental Trumpeter with her!

Also, forgot to say cheers for the positive comments on the Labrys picture. d(^^d)

Iz a good job!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom