• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread: The Butterfly Effect

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dantis

Forgot to say that I liked your picture Dantis! Really good artwork!

And due to not playing P4G, that Yukiko picture is bizarre to me.

Thanks!

Playing the game does not alleviate the weirdness. Very strange scene.

I thought the new romantic stuff was pretty fine. None of it struck me as weird.

Some of the lines were a bit... Something. Like I say, I liked the humour, and the awkwardness. It was kind of sweet and whatnot.

P4G was full on serious about it, which dropped the sweetness. It was just... There. I didn't laugh. Or feel sad. Or feel anything. It was just a scene with a girl giving a player character some pretty heavy-handed romantic talk.

I never liked how the slight dialog changes and the rank 10 hug and the spending time fade out that all constitute a very minor romance angle somehow became what this series is known for, and not, you know, all the rest of the quality stuff...

Omikaru

Yeah. Compared to say Mass Effect or Dragon Age, Golden was pretty tame. lol

Pretty much my thoughts on the matter. I know the Persona community can get a bit of a bad rap because of the schoolchildren and relationship stuff being what's most well-known about the games, but at least we don't start discussions about what Yukiko's sweat tastes like, or something.

Squire

Banned
Yeah. Compared to say Mass Effect or Dragon Age, Golden was pretty tame. lol

Haha, definitely.

Pretty much my thoughts on the matter. I know the Persona community can get a bit of a bad rap because of the schoolchildren and relationship stuff being what's most well-known about the games, but at least we don't start discussions about what Yukiko's sweat tastes like, or something.

The truth is it's a total misnomer. People are always using "dating sim" as one of a few descriptors. I get what they're referencing when they do - the general act of spending time with characters i.e. S. Links - but most people take it literally and assume dating is this huge focus when you barely do that at all if you choose to do it. Romance is probably %5 of the whole experience.

Have you seen the creepy sex scenes from Dragon Age? lol, I'm not sure I want to see Yu and Chie grinding in awkward cutscenes. Fade to black is juuuust fine with me.

I haven't, but if they're anything like the Mass Effect ones, I think I have an idea.

Just imagine those, but instead of nicer visuals, you have those creepy 3D models used in Persona 4.

Dantis

Same. I thought it was either handled pretty well or just fine. Also, that's relationships, Dantis: they're serious, haha.

Sure, but a lot of stuff in real life isn't portrayed like it is in Persona. :p

Like I say, I thought the awkward humour was kind of a sweet way of portraying it. Naoto asking me to steal all of her (Or whatever the line was) isn't funny, or sweet, or sad, or... anything.

Sure, we (As in, the regulars of PersonaGAF) don't, but a lot of Persona fans do, and you even get it to an extent on GAF. GameFAQs especially is filled with all kinds of shitty topics like that.

I haven't, but if they're anything like the Mass Effect ones, I think I have an idea.

Just imagine those, but instead of nicer visuals, you have those creepy 3D models used in Persona 4.

FVHwhaq.jpg

Creepy, huh.

granted that's Golden and not vanilla 4, but yeah.

Squire

Banned
Sure, but a lot of stuff in real life isn't portrayed like it is in Persona. :p

Like I say, I thought the awkward humour was kind of a sweet way of portraying it. Naoto asking me to steal all of her (Or whatever the line was) isn't funny, or sweet, or sad, or... anything.

I haven't seen that as I haven't romanced Naoto, but you do realize you have to chalk a lot of that stuff up to taste, right? ~_^

Dantis

yo Dantis, 55k WiiU's in January.

do you regret buying your paperweight yet

Nope. Best ever.

I sold Ninja Gaiden, so I now have zero games for it.

Someone help me think of a Persona-themed name for my Persona-themed Tumblr. I wanted to call it OneMore, but it's taken. :(

Also, as an aside, I looked at the Persona art on there. Some is really good, but jeez, some is fucking creepy.

Omikaru

Sure, we (As in, the regulars of PersonaGAF) don't, but a lot of Persona fans do, and you even get it to an extent on GAF. GameFAQs especially is filled with all kinds of shitty topics like that.

That's really depressing. Almost as depressing as 55k Wii U consoles. At this rate, I'm worried it'll be dead before the next-gen Zelda arrives...

Squire

Banned
Welcome to tumblr, dude. That's the situation with everything there. You know how people draw creepy romance fan art of Lightning and Hope from FFXIII? Tumblr posters have this creepy fantasy of Naoto and Rise being BFFs or lovers or something.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Welcome to tumblr, dude. That's the situation with everything there. You know how people draw creepy romance fan art of Lightning and Hope from FFXIII? Tumblr posters have this creepy fantasy of Naoto and Rise being BFFs or lovers or something.

That extends far from tumblr, tumblr just gives them another place to put it.

Noi

Nope. Best ever.

I sold Ninja Gaiden, so I now have zero games for it.

Someone help me think of a Persona-themed name for my Persona-themed Tumblr. I wanted to call it OneMore, but it's taken. :(

Also, as an aside, I looked at the Persona art on there. Some is really good, but jeez, some is fucking creepy.

That's the internet in general. One quick look on pixiv would show even creepier art, given that they even have a dedicated r-18 section. The things I saw while looking for Labrys art...

Dantis

Like I say, it's creepy. :/

I can't imagine I'll be really getting into the spirit of Tumblr though, I just want somewhere to throw my pictures up.

That's the internet in general. One quick look on pixiv would show even creepier art, given that they even have a dedicated r-18 section. The things I saw while looking for Labrys art...

Yeah, I guess. I think because we're uninhibited by rules, the weird side of people comes out. Often in bad ways.

Oh yeah, Tumblr usernames! Suggestions?

Sophia

Mmm, two floors away from the Sleeping Table. Time to do some level grinding to get everyone up to 45.

The internet will find a way to make a character described as a maiden and unable to have sex somehow do it anyhow. >_>;

Squire

Banned
She loves fan art. She puts up Skullgirls stuff, too.

Dantis, if you sent her some of your stuff shed probably be thrilled.

Jintor

Oh, one of the artists I was following is actually a professional artist and their day job is drawing

that makes me feel better a little

Dantis

If nothing else, I got a really good username on Tumblr.
brinkofmemories. See? THAT'S THE NAME OF THE TITLE THEME!

Also, I was thinking earlier: No more robots for P5. No more. Aigis was fine. Metis less so. Labrys is tiresome.

Sophia

Also, I was thinking earlier: No more robots for P5. No more. Aigis was fine. Metis less so. Labrys is tiresome.

Well, considering all of the fifth generation series are uh...
dead
, I suppose you'll get your wish. :p

And Metis isn't even a robot, she's an embodiment of emotions for crying out loud!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom