• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread: The Butterfly Effect

Status
Not open for further replies.

Noi

Ack, I didn't mind the removal of the save points before bosses until Magatsu
Inaba
. Having to go up 3 floors before I can re-fight the boss, uuugh.

Young Magus

You said you were working in Nagoya for a bit Amada, what do you do?

I did cultural acclimation and some translation. Work was hell, like soul crushing boredom and the protocol was ridiculous to me :/ But after work, it was like I was living on some alien planet, everything was so foreign to me and I met so many people. The best time that I had was doing a short homestay in a backwoods town full of Japanese rednecks. This is one reason why I had such a strong connection to Persona 4.

Nagoya eh.....funny because that is where I'm going to be when I study abroad in fall. Yo armada any tips and advice on the area?

Mr. Shankly

Neo Member
Nagoya eh.....funny because that is where I'm going to be when I study abroad in fall. Yo armada any tips and advice on the area?

Ken wow! have fun. Another one of my friends is going to study abroad this fall but in Yokohama. Be sure to keep in touch and tell us all about your adventures in good 'ol 日本

Ok, ok, I know I'm no pro, but, I put a lot of love in it!

This is for you guys here at PersonaGAF, so wherever you are and whoever you are with, have a safe and happy Valentine's Day <3

Oh my God Armada, that's hilariously cruel XD

Even though I recently became a full-fledged Persona-GAF member, you guys rock <3 Happy Valentine's Day guys.

Definitely visit:

• Go to Osu if you are into gaming/music/Persona doujin/etc.
  • Go to the notorious fashion thrift shop Uncle Meat if it's still open in Naka
  • All the tourist stuff in Nagoya is cool, my fav is Oasis 21, cool landmark and sometimes crazy people/bands/homeless at night
  • If you want, there's an Outback Steakhouse in Sakae (for homesick reasons, I suppose, and it's freaking weird)
  • Go to a good miso katsu place, off the beaten path, a mom & pop kinda place
  • Do a nomihodai at Yamachan in Chikusa or Kanayama (if it's there), or the other 5 ones in the city, these ones were ones I went to, so we'd have a connection if you went hehe

If I think of anything else, I'll let you know :)

Noi

I fused this in honor of today.

8473068638_d15a333936_b.jpg

Happy Valentine's, PersonaGAF.

Mr. Shankly

Neo Member
I fused this in honor of today.

*snipsnap*

Happy Valentine's, PersonaGAF.

thank.

On another note I wrote this on my facebook page :) :
Hey everybody. It's that time of the year again. Valentine's Day. A time dreaded by many and a time where others fortunate enough can celebrate it with their significant other/s. I've been through a hell of a lot in the past year and yeah....I don't have a romantic partner. yet again. but you know what? Yes I will cry rofl BUT I will also spread some love to my parents, friends and classmates. I'll be handing out Valentines and chocolate to my friends and random people at UTSA.
Before being able to love someone else, I have to work on myself. But hey I'm not all alone. I still have my parents and loving friends. I just have to date myself for a while even though all of us (all the different parts of me and my "whole being" ((whatever that means)) ) will drive each other insane. Who said life was easy though?
/end ramblings

This is completely different and so sorry if I am completely out of line here but some of the things i've gone through in the past year is losing my best friend that i've known since 7th grade (our friendship fell apart), losing another best friend that helped me a lot and i loved with all my heart in the beginning of last year, and also losing the love of my life (long story but I was basically treated like crap at the end of our relationship and messed with and yeah psychologically mistreated imo.) But hey I'm moving forward SOMEHOW rofl and i'd like to spend valentines with you guys \o/ give me a hug all of u

Young Magus

Definitely visit:

• Go to Osu if you are into gaming/music/Persona doujin/etc.
  • Go to the notorious fashion thrift shop Uncle Meat if it's still open in Naka
  • All the tourist stuff in Nagoya is cool, my fav is Oasis 21, cool landmark and sometimes crazy people/bands/homeless at night
  • If you want, there's an Outback Steakhouse in Sakae (for homesick reasons, I suppose, and it's freaking weird)
  • Go to a good miso katsu place, off the beaten path, a mom & pop kinda place
  • Do a nomihodai at Yamachan in Chikusa or Kanayama (if it's there), or the other 5 ones in the city, these ones were ones I went to, so we'd have a connection if you went hehe

If I think of anything else, I'll let you know :)

I'll keep this in mind, thanks!

On topic, how would you all think the P3 MC be portrayed in the movie? Aloof? Wisecracker? What would be some interesting situations that can be added in the movie?

Squire

Banned
Aloof would be nice. He'd probably be very reminiscent of Yu in the anime, but I think that's good. They certainly don't need to lean into the perception that's he's an asshole. As I've been playing FES I've slowly warmed to him.

But my god does that game give you lots of opportunities to be a dick. Especially to Takeba.

Jintor

I kinda hope they give him a personality similar to the one in the manga. I always found the fact that he sleeps all the time pretty funny.

And, eventually, somewhat sinister

Then again, "You feel tired. You should go to bed" is to be expected

Dantis

Those are my Psychology notes from today! They're pretty awful!

Edit: I didn't even take a picture of my really bad notes.

We have a winner!

EDIT: I was thinking, if I'm drawing these Persona pictures, I might as well put them somewhere where people can see them, right? Where would be the best place to put them? Tumblr? DeviantArt? I am entirely out of touch with these things.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
We have a winner!

EDIT: I was thinking, if I'm drawing these Persona pictures, I might as well put them somewhere where people can see them, right? Where would be the best place to put them? Tumblr? DeviantArt? I am entirely out of touch with these things.

Tumblr seems better than dA. That's where I pluck a few from.

dA averages from pretty decent to creepy shit... then again, tumblr can too, but I havent' seen anything there like at dA.

Jintor

you get better reach from tumblr's hashtag system. DeviantART is a cesspool of overcomplexity in terms of organisation, anyway.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
you get better reach from tumblr's hashtag system.

Oh yeah, there's that, where it's sorta like twitter. Say you put that Chie art on there you did, use like, Persona 4, Chie Satonaka etc, and people search for it and will find it easier.

We have a winner!

Woo! I win!

...That's not a good thing.

Not really. While it doesn't spoil the ending to Persona 4, it spoils virtually everything else. Also it's got even more massive spoilers for Persona 3.

In Persona 4 I've gotten up to the dungeon
when Hanako gets kidnapped
Am I good? Or should I beat P4 first?

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Oh I have a question for everybody. What was your first Person or SMT game?

P3: FES, then 4, then Devil Survivor 1, SJ and the rest. Only one I haven't finished was Nocturne. And that's because I kinda don't want to play a game for 30-40 hours only to find out I fucked up somewhere along the line with a build and have to go back. I really don't like using a guide, but someday, I might just use one for reference. Haven't played the Raidou games aka Devil Summoner, but that's because I can't find them for a reasonable price.

I bought FES because it was 15 bucks at Gamestop new, heard some cool things about it and figured to give it a shot. After that, I was hooked.

Sophia

In Persona 4 I've gotten up to the dungeon
when Hanako gets kidnapped
Am I good? Or should I beat P4 first?

I assume you mean
Nanako
? You're not quite good, as there are spoilers for what happens after that dungeon. Once you've gotten to the next dungeon and figured out who the murderer is, you should be good.

The original Persona, of course! Although I didn't realistically start enjoying the franchise til Persona 2.

I assume you mean
Nanako
? You're not quite good, as there are spoilers for what happens after that dungeon. Once you've gotten to the next dungeon and figured out who the murderer is, you should be good.

Ah yes that's what I meant haha. Thank you sir!

TWILT

Banned
I played the first Devil Survivor off a recommendation off a friend, and really enjoyed. Then I played P3P and loved it.

Arena was my first. Considering how much I'm into fighting games, I watched the launch event 24 hour livestream and I thought "Damn this game looks great" so I bought it later in the week along with Persona 3 FES from PSN. I stayed out of story mode until I beat P3 and P4.

I would have been able to do it sooner, but my FES data got glitched and died (PS3 version glitch) so I got P3FES on PS2, but with college starting I didn't have much time for console RPGs. When I got my Vita recently (bought Golden in advance because I knew I'd get a Vita), I bought P3P the same day from PSN (the day after christmas to be specific). From that point I just blasted through P3P and P4G, and I'm almost done with Arena's story.

Once done with Arena's story mode I'll borrow Nocturne from my friend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom