• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread: The Butterfly Effect

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dantis

Yeah, you're right, I guess the size isn't that different actually. The shape is miles better in P4 and P3P though (And Catherine). They're much closer to actual eye shapes.

It's crazy how much better an artist he became between P3 and P4. Massive improvement.

Also, I think the lineart is the P3 portraits is hand drawn, whereas in his later stuff I'm almost certain he uses the Pen tool in Photoshop.

Dantis

I should really start using that thing

Pretty sure I told you that like a month ago. :p

EDIT: Also, I keep forgetting to ask if you know about flipping your image? When you draw picture, you should be able to flip it horizontally and it should still look 'right'. I don't know if you do, but if you don't, try it. It probably won't affect your figures too much, but it helped me loads with drawing faces.

Soma

He always had gray-blue eyes. Again, the animated cutscenes for P3 suuuuck. Aigis's hair practically loses all color in the cutscenes and ends up rather flat.
That gif is from the movie teaser that was shown at the end of the Persona 4 anime lol

But yeah even in official artwork sometimes it's either a dull blue/grey and lately it's a more prominent blue.

I dunno just a random observation. Not like it's a big deal anyhow.

Sophia

Yeah, you're right, I guess the size isn't that different actually. The shape is miles better in P4 and P3P though (And Catherine). They're much closer to actual eye shapes.

It's crazy how much better an artist he became between P3 and P4. Massive improvement.

Also, I think the lineart is the P3 portraits is hand drawn, whereas in his later stuff I'm almost certain he uses the Pen tool in Photoshop.

Maybe. The original lineart for the P4 cast definitely looks like actual pencil sketches, seeing as you can see the differences in thickness pretty clearly.

That gif is from the movie teaser that was shown at the end of the Persona 4 anime lol

But yeah even in official artwork sometimes it's either a dull blue/grey and lately it's a more prominent blue.

I dunno just a random observation. Not like it's a big deal anyhow.

Seems to vary depending on the source of the art and how it was colored. They're pretty blue on computer-colored art (see: The promotional art in the classroom), but grayish in that shot of the drama CD you got there.

Jintor

Pretty sure I told you that like a month ago. :p

EDIT: Also, I keep forgetting to ask if you know about flipping your image? When you draw picture, you should be able to flip it horizontally and it should still look 'right'. I don't know if you do, but if you don't, try it. It probably won't affect your figures too much, but it helped me loads with drawing faces.

I knew I should be using it like five years ago. I just don't because I use SAI, not Photoshop

Dantis

Maybe. The original lineart for the P4 cast definitely looks like actual pencil sketches, seeing as you can see the differences in thickness pretty clearly.

Seems to vary depending on the source of the art and how it was colored. They're pretty blue on computer-colored art (see: The promotional art in the classroom), but grayish in that shot of the drama CD you got there.

All of Soejima's art is digital. It's all computer coloured. :p

I knew I should be using it like five years ago. I just don't because I use SAI, not Photoshop
Why is that? I've heardof SAI, but I'm not sure why you'd use it over PS?

Jintor

It looks to me like he does his blue sketches by hand though. It's just the inking that's digital. That's eyeballing it though... I have no real idea

Dantis

It looks to me like he does his blue sketches by hand though. It's just the inking that's digital. That's eyeballing it though... I have no real idea

Character designs are sketched in pencil, illustrations are digital all the way, so is final lineart and colours.

EDIT: Obviously, these are just assumptions based on the art books.

EDIT 2: Are we all watching the Playstation announcement tonight? The main GAF topics are going to be moving so fast that trying to discuss it will be a waste of time. Might be neat to have a side-discussion about it in here?

Sophia

Oh god I put down Persona 3 Portable for a couple of days and now that I picked it up and oh god what was I doing I don't remember fuck is there anyone trapped in Tartarus heeelp meeee O_O

EDIT 2: Are we all watching the Playstation announcement tonight? The main GAF topics are going to be moving so fast that trying to discuss it will be a waste of time. Might be neat to have a side-discussion about it in here?

If I'm not asleep, I'll be watching. Been sick these past few days.

Jintor

Go ask Liz. Or check the board outside the station.

I've been playing FFVII and the lack of time progression is really odd. I really like that the Persona games just ground you in a location and you end up knowing every goddamn inch of that location by game's end. Travelling the world gets kinda tiring when there's no real sense of progression

Climbing the tower, new moon bosses,etc? Unno *shrug*

I hate when that happens, it's why I had quit SMT2 in the middle of a grand fetch quest that tales place all over the map and yo had to around the entire maze like world map where you had to pick up the pieces of Masakados. Dont know which I picked up and I can't even find the temples anymore so screeeeeeew that!

Sophia

Probably should have mentioned that "Help me" was not literal. =p

And what a motivational killer, I finally go to Tartarus after figuring out what I was last doing and the tank one shots my party. :(

Jintor

lol

I'm going to sleep now, but I guess I'll stick to my alarm. I think it hits at 10am this time...

(By 'now' I mean 'when I decide to go to sleep')

Why ain't Disgaea 1 and Val Chron 1 playable on mah vita? :T

Probably should have mentioned that "Help me" was not literal. =p

And what a motivational killer, I finally go to Tartarus after figuring out what I was last doing and the tank one shots my party. :(

I am very sorry, but I gotta say this out of habit.

Welcome to MegaTen!

I really hope we get a Persona 5 announcement soon. We're getting a PS4 announcement today for crying out loud!

I don't think I can last much longer guys.

Levito

Banned
lol, I hope the PS4 really does have some nice BC. I can' imagine that P5 was built for anything other than PS360.

It'll probably be BC in some capacity, especially with all the huge Sony first party games still coming out on the PS3 throughout the year.

Levito

Banned
I really hope we get a Persona 5 announcement soon. We're getting a PS4 announcement today for crying out loud!

I don't think I can last much longer guys.

P4 came out long after the PS3 did though, wouldn't be surprised if the same happened with P5.

Trigger

its obviously for 3ds

no

Don't even joke.
iX0wtZsaYxXEb.png

Omikaru

I was wondering this too. I've never gelled well with the conference megathreads that move at about 30 posts per second.

And hey, if Persona 5 appears then we can go bananas!

It's coming to 3DS. But I hope not.

I was wondering this too. I've never gelled well with the conference megathreads that move at about 30 posts per second.

And hey, if Persona 5 appears then we can go bananas!

It's coming to 3DS. But I hope not.

If it appears tonight at the PS4 event then I'll

I'll...

I don't know anything I would/could do.

Probably won't though :(

And I can't see it coming to 3DS. Honestly, I would love it to be on, like, PS3/360/WiiU/3DS/PC, but I can't see that happening in the slightest.

I see it as PS3/360 with a big maybe for Wii U.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu

aww :(

Yup, I am. Hope I get back in time to catch the beginning.

P5 will not be on 3DS. I'm sure they would have announced it by now if they were going to put it on a portable, portables usually have a shorter dev cycle. SMTIV was what, teased near the end of last year and it's coming out in May?

pirata

The only way P5 shows up is if it's a cross-gen game, which has a probability of...about 10%? Not impossible, but not very likely, either. I would probably be stoked if it happened.

The only way P5 shows up is if it's a cross-gen game, which has a probability of...about 10%? Not impossible, but not very likely, either. I would probably be stoked if it happened.

I'd think it wouldn't even be that much, considering how small Atlus is, it would be nigh-impossible for them to develop Persona 5 for the PS4.

Daimaou

I see it going to the Vita before it would go to the 3DS, but safest bet is still probably PS3 and 360 considering Catherine.

I would be stoked if it was on PS4, but I don't see Atlus being that cutting edge.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
I see it going to the Vita before it would go to the 3DS, but safest bet is still probably PS3 and 360 considering Catherine.

I would be stoked if it was on PS4, but I don't see Atlus being that cutting edge.

Me either, they went to work on P5 right after Catherine. It'll be on a current gen for sure, PS3 highly likely, 360, is a maybe.

Noi

You guys need to dream bigger.

PERSONA 5, JPN/NA release in 2013 for PS4, XBOX INFINITY, PS VITA, 3DS AND PC. EU, TBD.

(Wii U version to be released if the demand is there).

Omikaru

I don't think you have to be necessarily cutting-edge to be on next-gen platforms. A lot of PS3 games would benefit from PS4 just on the virtue that the extra horsepower could render it at 1080p in the framebuffer, instead of upscaling it from sub-720p, as is the norm on current gen consoles. I think we'll see a lot of "cross-gen" games doing this.

But P5? I doubt it, but who knows. I won't be getting my hopes up.

Dantis

Darn. Get well soon!

Glad some other guys on here are watching it. None of my real life friends are interested, so I wouldn't have anyone to discuss it with. PERSONA GAF ASSEMBLE (In four hours...)! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom