• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PES 2015 - Pro Evolution Soccer |OT| The cycle is dead - Long live the King

Jack cw

Yeah not buying it. I hear 'PES is back" every single bloody year. Been happening since PES 2010.

Im a PC player so im very optimistic, especially since we don't know for sure what the final version will look or play like.

We have a demo since September and it's a stellar football game. Not unlike 14 where the input lag was destroying any fun or PES13 where the demo was decent but felt like PES 08 and 09. This time it's clearly better than the competition and the 1,5 years development time really paid off. It's still not without flaws but a good football game from what I could play.
I still have no idea what version to buy. I kinda want the US digital one, because I hate swapping discs and because it's cheaper, but we're apparently still not 100% sure if online is region locked (it likely is). The EU version is 60€ on Playstation Store and 45€ on Amazon UK, so I'm really torn between paying more for the digital 'privilege' or paying less for disc based peasantry (+ waiting for the thing to get shipped).

Konami pls.

Buy the Italian version with Allegri on the cover, Zabo.

Blablurn

dz7lRw3.jpg
dz7lRw3.jpg
dz7lRw3.jpg
dz7lRw3.jpg
dz7lRw3.jpg
dz7lRw3.jpg

Hasney

I still have no idea what version to buy. I kinda want the US digital one, because I hate swapping discs and because it's cheaper, but we're apparently still not 100% sure if online is region locked (it likely is). The EU version is 60€ on Playstation Store and 45€ on Amazon UK, so I'm really torn between paying more for the digital 'privilege' or paying less for disc-based peasantry (+ waiting for the thing to get shipped).

Konami pls.

Best thing to do is wait and see I guess. Glad you reminded me of this possible farce as it would be digital-US only for me or wait for EU price drops below that.

Same PSN doesn't work like the XB1 where you can download any region once you've purchased from your preferred region.

alterno69

Banned
If this game delibers a smooth online experience it will be one of the biggest comebacks in gaming. The demo is great but if i can't play smoothly online it will all be worthless.

I still can't get rid of the Fifa 15, nobody wants to buy that piece of shit now :/

I still have no idea what version to buy. I kinda want the US digital one, because I hate swapping discs and because it's cheaper, but we're apparently still not 100% sure if online is region locked (it likely is). The EU version is 60€ on Playstation Store and 45€ on Amazon UK, so I'm really torn between paying more for the digital 'privilege' or paying less for disc-based peasantry (+ waiting for the thing to get shipped).

Konami pls.

I think I'm refusing to buy full price retail titles on digital until the prices come more in line with our retail friends.

The novelty of having it on my HDD is eradicated by paying £15 more for no reason.

If this game delibers a smooth online experience it will be one of the biggest comebacks in gaming. The demo is great but if i can't play smoothly online it will all be worthless.

I still can't get rid of the Fifa 15, nobody wants to buy that piece of shit now :/

Yeah it's good against friends but randoms is horrendous in my opinion. PES and FIFA have some of the worst behaviour in gaming when it comes to randoms, speaking from personal experience.

NHale

Konami pls.

If you want a digital copy, Canadian PSN Store has it for 60CAD which is 42.5€. Much cheaper than buying it on the US PSN Store.

Jack cw

I really like all those good reviews and scores so far. Never thought media would give PES the pass this time, but FIFA15 obviously annoyed not only some players. Tomorrow can't come soon enough.

Blablurn

I really like all those good reviews and scores so far. Never thought media would give PES the pass this time, but FIFA15 obviously annoyed not only some players. Tomorrow can't come soon enough.

You dont get it for around 40, do you? Otherwise I would ask you to buy me one copy too haha

If you want a digital copy, Canadian PSN Store has it for 60CAD which is 42.5€. Much cheaper than buying it on the US PSN Store.

Also worth remembering that it will likely drop in price pretty quickly due to the UK retail market's oddities.

2013 deserved a 9/10 imo.
I still think the PES2013 modded demo was far superior to the final game as it felt so free and had a realistic tempo, although nearly all PES demos play differently to the final game. It's like Konami panic before they press the final disc and dumb-down the gameplay so lil' Jimmy who loves Fifa can play arcadey football.

goonergaz

wow, reading the Eurogamer review it sounds awsome - it's almost like Konami knew what would irritate me on FIFA and fixed it! I loved the demo and altho I already have FIFA (ultimate edition thanks to my son :() I still got this due to frustrations with FIFA and the feeling of the demo.

I can't wait to get hold of it and rekindle that lost PES (Winning Eleven) love!

Jack cw

Whatever Kojima did, the Fox Engine is excellent for facial modelling and expression. Love the lighting as well. Player ID is lightyears better than Fifa, you instantly notice CR7, Robben, Messi, Schweinsteiger, etc. from 50 yeards away.

Gibbo

I've got a confession to make guys. When I made this thread, I was just being half serious. At that time, I thought to myself that it will obviously be Fifa's year again. It was quite heartwarming to see people increasingly pumped up in the weeks following the release of the PES2015 demo

I can't help but smile at the possibility that the king will take back it's crown this year. If they fix online play, I'm all in

Fifa 15 is shit, I've deleted it from my hdd and I'm waiting for this to come out in Europe.

It's going to be pretty hard rewiring my brain to PES after many Fifa years (on xbox).

Eventually though the old memories will come up. It's like the ps2 era again. PES and Playstation.

Handy Fake

I know and I bought the PC retail for two years now, because someone at Konami thinks that Steam wants to much royalties or something. I don't know what strategy and logic is behind the distribution of PES but Steam is the channel you sell the most games on PC. At least there is a PC version after all this. They could easily do a Vita on this one though.

Edit:
is this real life?
https://vine.co/v/Oe21OQ6IBvQ

Someone ("Steve") posted this on the Eurogamer review wall.

https://vine.co/v/Oi7Y7tO1Am2

Have to say, it's awfully realistic.

Top Bottom