• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Phantasy Star Portable 2 |OT|

digita1alchemy said:
Actually yeah, something like "GAF: digita1alchemy" in the card comment would work.

Glad Ill add mine now.

donkey show said:
Holy crap, it's out already? Gonna hit this up when I get back home from work today. :D

Yes dude, come on. Dont forget to include your GAF Username on your Player cards if you guys want to do GAF runs.

Yeah I would be up for trading p-cards and doing some challenge mode.

So far found Pizza shack and got some items from there, fought olga dryan twice but didnt get anything noteworthy.

Just got mine!
4993618768_dfb295ea7f_z.jpg

So there is no code to play online for PSN release right? :D

Nah no code for the PSN version, your copy will be tagged that you can play online (tho people are getting error messages on both DL and UMD versions online)

Is there a way to add people P-cards without actually playing with them? Can somebody tell me theirs and I send a simple mail and from there we can add each other or something?

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
Why oh why did Sega have to charge $40 or this? They're sending the game out to die. I am looking forward to playing it, and even I am hesitant with laying out that much for a PSP game. Especially one that is so dependent on the online community part of it. In 2 years the game will be useless.

Dude give me an F'ING break! The first game went out at $40 and sold well, this one includes TONS more than the original. Honestly this game would justify a $50 price tag if Sega wanted to charge you a premium for online play.

... and no the online will never die with Ad-Hoc support. You'll always be able to play online through PS3 Party Play/Internet tunneling service should the official servers ever shut down. You're getting a bargain with quite possibly the most robust online game on the PSP. I would also disagree about this game being so dependent on online play, as well. There's so much single player game you can easily top 100 hours in this game without ever getting online.

Plus, you'll probably find this game going down in price by ten dollars or so through a weekend Best Buy sale. Just be on the lookout if it bugs you that much.

depward

Why oh why doesn't Sega put online game codes for their PSP games on the PSN Store @ Amazon.com?! I have some credit I would like to use but it seems like Sega hasn't put any of their PSP offerings on there. Oh well...

xKilltheMx said:
Is there a way to add people P-cards without actually playing with them? Can somebody tell me theirs and I send a simple mail and from there we can add each other or something?

I don't have the game in front of me to confirm, but I am pretty sure the only way to trade cards with someone is to be in the same game as them :\

The Take Out Bandit said:
Amazong lists mine as shipping October 1st. Q_Q

Did sega only make two UMD copies for the US? D:

This is why I stopped relying on Amazon for niche games I want on or near release day. It took them nearly 3 weeks to get me Gunblade NY/LA Machineguns. I don't really like Gamestop in general, but I pre-ordered PSP2 there in anticipation of them getting it today, and they actually got it in yesterday. Although, the girl working there seemed confused that I wasn't there to pick up Halo Reach :lol

xKilltheMx said:

Nah, you can only select recipient from your partner card list, you cant send mails to random people.

Just recorded a battle with Dimmagolus on my PVR, quality is pretty good, going to try and upload to youtube later.

Edit: Digital is correct, you have to party up to trade cards.

AwRy108

The Take Out Bandit said:
Amazong lists mine as shipping October 1st. Q_Q

Did sega only make two UMD copies for the US? D:

Mine said the same thing, so I called them up and asked why something I pre-ordered was going to take 3 weeks to ship. They promptly upgraded my shipping to "standard" for free, and now I'll have the game by the middle of next week at the latest.

I know it's not "day one", but seeing as I only spend $26.99 ($36.99 - $10 Promo Code), I can wait a few more days. It'll be tough, but I'll manage.

Mr. Hyde

I bought a PSP today so I can play this and then God Eater: Burst next year (I am sure I'll find other games within that time as well) . I wasn't planning on purchasing it, but I was at Gamestop about to use up a bunch of credit I had accumulated on a card until Mickey Mouse looked at me, dead in the eye, with the most murderous gaze I've ever seen. He mentally told me to buy it or regret the day I was ever born. I tried to look away from him, but on the left of me was Donald Duck with a wooden baseball bat. I couldn't escape from them, so I put back the games I had in my hands and bought the KH bundle. I'm picking up PSP2 on PSN later this afternoon after I get checked out for schizophrenia. This is my first real experience with Phantasy Star since PSO on Dreamcast.

Mr. Hyde said:
I bought a PSP today so I can play this and then God Eater: Burst next year (I am sure I'll find other games within that time as well) . I wasn't planning on purchasing it, but I was at Gamestop about to use up a bunch of credit I had accumulated on a card until Mickey Mouse looked at me, dead in the eye, with the most murderous gaze I've ever seen. He mentally told me to buy it or regret the day I was ever born. I tried to look away from him, but on the left of me was Donald Duck with a wooden baseball bat. I couldn't escape from them, so I put back the games I had in my hands and bought the KH bundle. I'm picking up PSP2 on PSN later this afternoon after I get checked out for schizophrenia. This is my first real experience with Phantasy Star since PSO on Dreamcast.

:lol Sovereign Lord Micky Mouse demands your money. Welcome to PSP2!

Mr. Hyde said:

Mr. Hyde
(Today, 06:10 PM)

Jack Random said:
i would love to not have a UMD, but at the same time i have a $20 gift card to best buy, decisions, decisions...

Oh this one is so simple....

Go to Best Buy and buy a $20 PSN card and use it to buy PSP2 off PSN.

Win-Win

Also: Pro-tip. No tax on PSN cards bought at Best Buy. I would buy two $20 PSN cards there and then you don't have to pay tax on the game.

MikeE21286 said:

Win-Win

Also: Pro-tip. No tax on PSN cards bought at Best Buy. I would buy two $20 PSN cards there and then you don't have to pay tax on the game.

You win. Do this, not having that annoying UMD sound is a godsend, plus you can have one UMD game in there, switch to PSP2 and switch back depending on your mood. I feel spoiled.

MikeE21286 said:

Win-Win

brilliant, you're the man

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Am I nuts for considering buying a PSP Go to play this, guys? I mainly do my PSP gaming on a CFW PSP 2000, but there's no way to play PSP2 online. I have an OFW 1000, but I want to upgrade to something better. I know the Go is total "LOLZ," but it would be nice to be able to play it on my TV with a PS3 controller...

timnich

I bought a Go for PS:p2. Probably not going to keep it, but until I figure out how to get it running on my CFW PSP, I'm playing on the Go. Definetly better to play with a DS3, as my hands started cramping majorly on the Go.

Mileena

Banned
MikeE21286 said:
If there ends up being no way to get it running on CFW it is very possible I would buy a GO to play this game also.
I'm playing right now on CFW!

man, dual sabers is so fun. I gotta try out some new weapons though.

digita1alchemy said:
This is why I stopped relying on Amazon for niche games I want on or near release day. It took them nearly 3 weeks to get me Gunblade NY/LA Machineguns. I don't really like Gamestop in general, but I pre-ordered PSP2 there in anticipation of them getting it today, and they actually got it in yesterday. Although, the girl working there seemed confused that I wasn't there to pick up Halo Reach :lol

Oh, I'm being a drama queen. I have plenty of games to play already.

I'm just surprised and pleased this appears to be selling well.

Amazon emailed me shortly after my post, I'm now scheduled to receive the game next Tuesday. :3

Lyte Edge said:
Am I nuts for considering buying a PSP Go to play this, guys? I mainly do my PSP gaming on a CFW PSP 2000, but there's no way to play PSP2 online. I have an OFW 1000, but I want to upgrade to something better. I know the Go is total "LOLZ," but it would be nice to be able to play it on my TV with a PS3 controller...

Someone correct me if I am wrong, but I think the PSP3000 can use the PS3 controller as well. I have a 2000 and saw people doing this and wanted to do it myself, but the info I found said it only worked on the 3000 and Go.

YagizY

Looks like Amazon got this back in stock. I was fearful so I bought the last copy at Gamestop today. Definitely seems like their aren't too many copies out there.

YagizY

Baron said:
Why oh why did Sega have to charge $40 or this? They're sending the game out to die. I am looking forward to playing it, and even I am hesitant with laying out that much for a PSP game. Especially one that is so dependent on the online community part of it. In 2 years the game will be useless.

Of all the games to argue about price vs. length, you picked Phantasy Star? Really?! People invest 100's of hours into these games. If you don't want to pay $40, then don't buy it.

Pangya

digita1alchemy said:
Someone correct me if I am wrong, but I think the PSP3000 can use the PS3 controller as well. I have a 2000 and saw people doing this and wanted to do it myself, but the info I found said it only worked on the 3000 and Go.

PSP 3000 doesn't have Bluetooth so you can't connect a PS3 controller to it. People using a PS3 controller on any PSP besides the Go were probably doing it through RemoteJoy.

Alex

Never got to play the original, but this game is so what I wanted out of a PSO sequel all these years. Great stuff.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Pangya said:
PSP 3000 doesn't have Bluetooth so you can't connect a PS3 controller to it. People using a PS3 controller on any PSP besides the Go were probably doing it through RemoteJoy.

This, yeah.

I see that Walmart is selling Gos for $199. Might drive down to one and pick up a Go tonight.

Lyte Edge said:
This, yeah.

I see that Walmart is selling Gos for $199. Might drive down to one and pick up a Go tonight.

I've seen them floating around for 150 before.....makes me wish I had jumped.

Go really? Why not a 1000 or 3000? I say 1000 because it feels well built compared to that flimsy feeling Go. But all that matters is that you get the game and get online with the rest of us.

I get serious cramp using my Go to play PSP2, its the left trigger for the camera that does my hand in.

Whats everyones level at the moment? Just hit 31.

kyo_daikun said:
I get serious cramp using my Go to play PSP2, its the left trigger for the camera that does my hand in.

Whats everyones level at the moment? Just hit 31.

Just hit 8 on my low level beast and hit 21 on my higher level human.

Make that level 10. I was leveling up on Sleeping Warriors and beat it then I heard this random "ding da ding ding" sounds and thought I found a rare item but there was nothing. Go to step in the exit and its all glowing and shit so i say whatever and go to enter, next thing i know this dragon fucking thing with poison everywhere is staring me dead in the face.

Etc.. Etc...Attacks, Scape doll, I Win barely.

I went to go look it up, it was the Orga Dyran and it has a ~2% chance of showing up. Awesome.
<3 PSP2

Btw we better be still doing that run at 11pm est. If the guy who brought it up doesnt show I'll host it.

timnich

Oh I'll be there. I might not make it on for 11 though, so feel free to start without me. We should use pm's or something to all keep in touch.

So, I went to the local Gamestop and grabbed the last and only copy they received. I guess Sega didn't expect high retail sales or something?

YagizY said:
Looks like Amazon got this back in stock. I was fearful so I bought the last copy at Gamestop today. Definitely seems like their aren't too many copies out there.

Yeah, Amazon shipped my copy late in the afternoon. So now I should hopefully have it by Friday. ARGH! THREE NEW GAMES IN ONE WEEK! D:

Top Bottom