• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Phantasy Star Portable 2 |OT|

Lindsay said:
That post only refered to items related to the free downloadable missions, not the actual DLC from the PS Store items. If ya got a JP account hop on over to their store and you can see they have like nearly 100 DLC items both free and paid and more are still coming out.

Ah yes your right, I just checked the ripped data from the game and none of the DLC stuff is in there, guess they thought people would try to hack them and get them for free.

matmanx1

I got to level 10 today so I could equip the "Maverick" rifle from one of the codes. It was a pretty good step up from the rifle I was using on my Ranger although at this early stage I think I am liking the shotgun the most. Point blank shotgun blast is pretty fun!

I'm going to start the Chapter 2 mission tonight and actually advance the story. Really enjoying myself so far although I haven't touched the online yet.

timnich

Anyone interested in doing a few runs? I'm hoping we can get a decent group to start playing online regularly. Let me know if you want in! I'll be online in a few.

timnich said:
Anyone interested in doing a few runs? I'm hoping we can get a decent group to start playing online regularly. Let me know if you want in! I'll be online in a few.

Yeah im up for it, let me know what the rooms called and pass.

timnich said:
I'm also interested, give me the info and whatnot when you're ready.

timnich

Ok, got it set up:
Room - neogaf
Pass - believe

Anyone can feel free to join in.
xKilltheMx said:
Damn, right when Im not in my room to try and use my wifi to play with you guys. =/
Hey let me know when youre available. I'll be playing for a while tonight.

Im still away and will be most likely for the rest of the night, I sent an email to Sega Customer Support in hopes of them being able to help me. I mean, I REALLLYY doubt they will be any help at all but I had to try.

timnich

That sucks if they can't fix it. Seriously, that's a chunk of the game you're missing out on.

Anyways, I'm gonna give up on getting a game on tonight. If anyone is interested though, let me know and I'll jump on!

Dineren

Banned
timnich said:
That sucks if they can't fix it. Seriously, that's a chunk of the game you're missing out on.

Anyways, I'm gonna give up on getting a game on tonight. If anyone is interested though, let me know and I'll jump on!

Well I was going to say I'd give it a shot, but it doesn't seem to be working for me at the moment, maybe tomorrow.

I've really been struggling so far with all the loot I'm getting. I'm always a packrat in these games and can never decide what I should sell so I end up keeping everything!

Lindsay

Dot Hacked
I thought about staying offline until finishing the story but that was a short-lived dream...

Team: zetazaku
Pass: segac (did ya expect otherwise?)

L21 with crappy equips I'm even still using the basic rifle they started me with!

kyo_daikun said:
Ah yes your right, I just checked the ripped data from the game and none of the DLC stuff is in there, guess they thought people would try to hack them and get them for free.

See? An apparently they removed the "import dlc items" option from the import menu. No cutecute DLC outfits for us ;_;

xKilltheMx said:
Im still away and will be most likely for the rest of the night, I sent an email to Sega Customer Support in hopes of them being able to help me. I mean, I REALLLYY doubt they will be any help at all but I had to try.

Don't give up! Believe it or not Segac support isn't all that bad. Sending in them tickets does help!

drizzle

Axel Hertz
I don't understand why this keeps coming out on the PSP.

Phantasy Star is about spending billions of hours doing the exact same dungeons. I can't do that properly on a tiny screen on the move with weird controls.

I need a bed and a gaming controller to do that properly.. :(

drizzle said:

Phantasy Star is about spending billions of hours doing the exact same dungeons. I can't do that properly on a tiny screen on the move with weird controls.

The PSP IS your gaming controller =p. PS:p2 is more than playable while laying on the bed.

Lindsay

Dot Hacked
Was PSØ's online this flakey for people? I never got around ta playing online with that one. I mean aside from Day 1 for the demo/full game its been fine for me but not so much for some of yous huh?

btw the baddies really are much harder online x.x

timnich said:
Yeah I think psp2 is messing up my Internet somehow... After that last disconnect I had to restart my modem:(

That'd be weird and bad! o_O

drizzle said:

I know how ya feel. PSPs battery drain w/online & bright screen stinks and I miss having a real keyboard for chitchatting but the games still a blast!

xKilltheMx said:

Oh no I'm not watching that an getting all spoiled. NO WAY.

timnich

I did a couple of runs with randoms and my issues seem to be gone. Anyone want to do one more run?
Also, how do you use the techniques you learn from discs? I learned a healing technique but have no idea how to use it.

timnich said:
I did a couple of runs with randoms and my issues seem to be gone. Anyone want to do one more run?
Also, how do you use the techniques you learn from discs? I learned a healing technique but have no idea how to use it.

Only with a wand, or Rod (Like the Plantain Leaf) I think. You have to link the Technique to the wand or rod.

Tenbatsu

Phantasy Star Portable X KFC:lol
k3n34j.jpg
24ez6dl.jpg

More screens here
http://www.famitsu.com/news/201009/17033688.html

xKilltheMx said:
Only with a wand, or Rod (Like the Plantain Leaf) I think. You have to link the Technique to the wand or rod.

Actually you can also use mags (They're usually referred to as -pits like rapits and so on). This is handy for hunters as they can put a one-handed melee weapon in the other slot. There are other types of mags that automatically fire at enemies when the player is nearby..can be handy.

Oh and depending on what you're going for it might be best to keep Resta below level 11(especially if you're soloing). At that point the spell becomes a multi-character healing and it adds an extra few seconds to casting time. You can always continue to power up the spell by seeking out stronger wands/rods/mags.

Just beat uh...
Mother Brain
in story mode. Not sure how much further I have.

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
I got this game the same day as Kingdom Hearts and have been switching between the two. That was probably a mistake... I'm already enjoying this game way more. But I probably just need to give KH some time. I'm not sure it was wise to be playing two third person action RPGs at the same time, it can get kind of weird switching up the controls between the two games! :lol

kiryogi

Banned
PepsimanVsJoe said:
Actually you can also use mags (They're usually referred to as -pits like rapits and so on). This is handy for hunters as they can put a one-handed melee weapon in the other slot. There are other types of mags that automatically fire at enemies when the player is nearby..can be handy.

Oh and depending on what you're going for it might be best to keep Resta below level 11(especially if you're soloing). At that point the spell becomes a multi-character healing and it adds an extra few seconds to casting time. You can always continue to power up the spell by seeking out stronger wands/rods/mags.

Just beat uh...
Mother Brain
in story mode. Not sure how much further I have.

You'll know when you reach the end. It's a pretty epic final area.

timnich said:
Yeah I think psp2 is messing up my Internet somehow... After that last disconnect I had to restart my modem:(

Wow, same here actually. I literally had to restart my modem/router 3 times last night while attempting to connect. It was too late so I gave up. I will try again tonight....

orion434

I thought maybe I could get some help here: I can't connect to my Wi-Fi at home with my PSP... maybe I'm not doing something really simple?

I have AirPort Extreme Base Station and when I scan for signal my network shows but greyed-out and says Not Supported? WTF?

rayner said:
I thought maybe I could get some help here: I can't connect to my Wi-Fi at home with my PSP... maybe I'm not doing something really simple?

I have AirPort Extreme Base Station and when I scan for signal my network shows but greyed-out and says Not Supported? WTF?

What security are you using?
I had the same problem when it was set up as WPA2 (I think). Had to redo it as WPA and then the PSP was able to connect. Just try out different security types.

Yeesh
Beat Story mode. Finale spoilers obviously.
Nearly every attack by the Final(s) are either insta-death, 1/2 to 2/3 damage, or rapid-drain. It's not so bad at first but pretty much after a certain point the only time he can be damaged when he's doing those 1/2 to 2/3 damage attacks(which cause confusion as a bonus). I was down to a handful of trimates and the scape doll by the end of that mess.

I probably should have ditched the green afro before I fought the final boss. I look like a total doof.
Oh and I got the normal ending. There's also a good and a best ending...I really don't want to play story mode again though. Looks like the better endings are tied to this new hard mode I just unlocked. There's probably some super-hard mode after that..ughhh

Now to splurge on open missions and clothes.

depward

Been playing this very sparingly (well, up until two nights ago when my 360 broke, now it's fully-focused PSP2 time) and really enjoying it. Was very comfortable playing a ranger and melee fighter in PSP1 but trying my hand at Force in this game. So far, it's been pretty fun! Hoping that when I do have some time for online playing, a Force is a welcome addition to any party.

I did see a neogaf room up last night (around 7ish?) but didn't have the time to join..

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
Please tell me the KFC Colonel will be playable in the American version - or some other wacky promotions take its place.

I love ridiculous cross promotion in video games. :lol

IPoopStandingUp said:
Please tell me the KFC Colonel will be playable in the American version - or some other wacky promotions take its place.

I love ridiculous cross promotion in video games. :lol

Wouldnt count on it going by PSP2's collaborations...

Just found Cross scars rare drop! I remember hating finding a pair of these every run on PSO, feels odd that im glad to have a rare pair of daggers now.

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
The story is unbelievably STUPID, I think. I've literally skipped EVERY SINGLE CUT SCENE. So actually, I have no idea WTF is going on. But just from the character art the first dialog box that I can read before I skip all that they have to say... IT'S GARBAGE! :lol

I think if the story was somehow presented through some other means than static character pictures and text bubbles (interactive comic like Peace Walker, good example of interesting story presentation) maybe I would've paid attention.

But yeah after discovering to HOLD down Start button in PSP1 - I've never watched another cutscene in the series.

... Other than that. The game is awesome.

New code guys, one of my favorite weapons infact! :D

Sonic Knuckles - 34819852

Knuckles that boost the wielder's speed to supersonic. Knock your foes out so fast they won't know what hit them!

kyo_daikun said:
New code guys, one of my favorite weapons infact! :D

Sonic Knuckles - 34819852

Knuckles that boost the wielder's speed to supersonic. Knock your foes out so fast they won't know what hit them!

jawesome

Yes!
The Sonic Knuckles were my favorite weapon in PSO but fists sucked back then.

I'm going to load and reload that code until I get an awesome % and then use it forever.

PepsimanVsJoe said:
Yes!
The Sonic Knuckles were my favorite weapon in PSO but fists sucked back then.

I'm going to load and reload that code until I get an awesome % and then use it forever.

I ended up with 48% lightning ones, love running in and punching stuff in the face (even if it does get you killed quick time)

Lindsay

Dot Hacked
For anyone interested check out the second post in this thread!

Since I've been making the effort ta go through each new open mission added between story mode stuff (hence my slow progress through the story) I thought I'd jot down some changes made to the classic ones along with some other random notes! An I'll be sure ta keep on updating my findings!

I hope they'll continue to further refine older missions in Infinity cause there are still a lot of long empty paths.

Can someone tell me if shields act as weapons? I can't figure out if I'm supposed to be using the same element or opposing element against baddies.

Ohhhh and I soooo knew ranged weapons range had been nerfed and my thoughts were confirmed when I picked up a range extending PA >.< its not so safe being a gunner anymore!

matmanx1

Finished up chapter 2 tonight and did a couple of open missions after that. I'm only lvl 13 with my Ranger but I'm really enjoying the character. I'm primarily using the Maverick rifle from the code input and mine has 48% electric so the Charge shot on it hits pretty well.

I'm really hoping I find a good shotgun soon though as it's the most appealing of the ranged weapons I've found so far and I love the "pump" animation after each round is fired. Had a new one drop on the last open mission I ran but I can't equip it until I hit level 15 but at least that's something to look forward to.

I've also noticed that it seems to be a good idea to check your titles and rewards area in your room pretty often as you can get some nice items from that. I got a Green Green Weave for something (hitting level 10 maybe?) and it was far and away better than what I was wearing and would have cost 9000 if I had bought it in the store.

LALILULELO

Neo Member
Played it online and what a great game, if you ever played PSO during its golden age, its such a throwback tp that.
The extended move set, dodge, strafe, etc, are great and I don't miss the exclusion of the mags.
(did miss the classic PSO classes but thats nostalgia)

Played it also on Adhoc party, the lag is almost none there compared to the laggy infrastructure mode from the disc.

but yeah..wow a portable PSO!..if someone said that during the DC days he would have been called crazy.
love this game!! ow PSO how much I missed you! :D

Always up for a game, just PM me

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
My copy arrived from Amazon today.
Now to rip the ISO from the UMD, and see if the game is fully playable on CFW.
Be back in a bit with confirmation(s)!

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
- Game boots up fine on 5.50 Prometheus-2.
- Data installs complete successfully.
- Importing trial version character went off without a hitch and proceeded into story mode. Progress resumes literally where I left off. (Happy I won't have to re-do the slow opening).
- Activated multiplayer via my PS3, since PSN purchases and licensing can be a bit spotty with a CFW PSP.
- Verified that PSP2 online multi was showing up in my list of services on PS3.
- Accessed Transaction Management on PSP (which signed me into PSN using PSNLover 1.2 beta plug-in), and pulled up the list of services on the portable. PSP2 online multi did show up properly.
- Booted the game back up, loaded my save, and tried out online multi. Signed into PSN without issue.
- Proceeded to host a party, and very quickly I had two random people I don't know show up.

So... long story short, not really sure why others reported earlier in the thread that they couldn't go online with the game via CFW. It's clearly possible, and I look forward to joining some GAF games a little further on.

Wheeeeee!

Hotsuma

Mejilan said:
- Game boots up fine on 5.50 Prometheus-2.
- Data installs complete successfully.
- Importing trial version character went off without a hitch and proceeded into story mode. Progress resumes literally where I left off. (Happy I won't have to re-do the slow opening).
- Activated multiplayer via my PS3, since PSN purchases and licensing can be a bit spotty with a CFW PSP.
- Verified that PSP2 online multi was showing up in my list of services on PS3.
- Accessed Transaction Management on PSP (which signed me into PSN using PSNLover 1.2 beta plug-in), and pulled up the list of services on the portable. PSP2 online multi did show up properly.
- Booted the game back up, loaded my save, and tried out online multi. Signed into PSN without issue.
- Proceeded to host a party, and very quickly I had two random people I don't know show up.

So... long story short, not really sure why others reported earlier in the thread that they couldn't go online with the game via CFW. It's clearly possible, and I look forward to joining some GAF games a little further on.

Wheeeeee!

You said you went online on your PSP by using your PS3? How does this work? I'm really thinking about getting the game, but the lack of playing online with CFW had me a bit iffy. I think I'm on 5.50 Gen D or something like that.

Top Bottom