• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Phantom Blade Zero - Gamescom Demo Gameplay Footage

Nankatsu

Animations look pretty cool, but showcasing gameplay where the character barely takes one hit...

Frustrated World Cup GIF

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Controls are a bit of a mindfuck - dodge on R1 is not exactly intuitive bit its plays fantastic, albeit button mashy but that won’t be an issue once getting familliar with the game. Spans over exactly what was shown recently, tiny bit of exploring with 2 miniboss fights and that big dude witch chained weapon at the end. There are different weapons for each encounter, each with its own move set and for the final fight you get the sword that earlier miniboss was weilding, you know what that means. For such a early build it feels like its hitting 60fps at the expense of try horrid IQ but whatever, this is an early 2026 game so props for the devs for a public demo so early. It might just he the next Chieese megabanger in the making, fingers crossed
Is there a 30 fps mode? Game looks great in youtube clips. maybe they were the 30 fps mode?

how are the graphics compared to black myth?

Bartski

Gold Member
Is there a 30 fps mode? Game looks great in youtube clips. maybe they were the 30 fps mode?

how are the graphics compared to black myth?
no idea, there were no settings available and I haven't played wukong on playstation yet. I'm not saying it looked bad, just really fuzzy like UE5 games tend on low spec machines, think Lords of the Falen on release. The gamespot video posted above is this exact demo, I don't have internet here to watch it in HD but on a 4k stream it should be obvious. That unless they had PC setups for the press

Fake

Gold Member
Looks good, but I guess more and more time people are exploring in the wrong way the 'parry' philosophy and is start to getting generic term in gaming.

Top Bottom