• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Phantom Breaker Battle Grounds |OT| Brawling ReVITAlized

cuilan

This is a fun game, and surprisingly challenging from what I've played.

I might have considered getting this version instead if it had been announced before I bought the XBLA one. While I like the game, I don't think I'll be double-dipping. Memory card space on my Vita is also a factor.

Shizuka

Is the online working? I keep trying to find a lobby on quick match, creating new lobby for people to join, but I've yet to be able to find someone to play the game with.

Shizuka

I managed to find two people to play the game right after I complained about the online multiplayer, but as soon as they leave, I'll create a private lobby if you guys are still up for it.

The game definitely is more nuanced than it appears at first glance, take a look at the How to play section (and look at all the cards here to get an easy trophy!)

The first boss is quite hard when playing with a new character that hasn't levelled up or unlocked any powers yet.

It's so much fun to throw enemies into each other!

pariah164

I lost at the second boss on Normal. Had to go back and set the game to Easy. Loads of fun so far though.

In b4 'suck less'.

I'm going to host some co-op games during lunch if anyone wants to join in. I will be online around 12:50 pm CST.

Just look for me on PSN: Randy_M_Green

Shizuka

Online is a little weird. Sometimes, your lobby will get full fast, while some other times, it'll stay open for a long time without anyone joining.

Avallon

I'm ready to grind for the "What Is With This Power?" level 99 trophy. What's the best way to quickly level up? I'm finding that levels really slow down after 50 or so. Any quick way to get to 99 or is it just play on Nightmare a lot?

Also, is it just me, or are the X attacks really overpowered to the point of game breaking?

SerTapTap

Is there some trick I'm missing with the cat-maid-claw girl boss? I got through, but barely. It seems like there should be something I'm able to do when she's doing the infinite chain attack?

LiK

Bought and played through as Kurisu in one sitting. Really love the Steins;Gate cameos and music. Shame she's not in the opening and ending cutscenes and there's no dialogue with anyone. Really fun game but a bit grindy near the end. Gonna replay as other characters and try to earn more trophies. Love the sprites.

Hmm i'm having an issue finding this in the PS Store. All I can find is what appears to be add on DLC called "Makise Kurisu". I assume I need to buy some sort of base game, right? Am I just being stupid?

LiK

Hmm i'm having an issue finding this in the PS Store. All I can find is what appears to be add on DLC called "Makise Kurisu". I assume I need to buy some sort of base game, right? Am I just being stupid?

She's the DLC character. So yes, you need to get base game.

bobawesome

Is there some trick I'm missing with the cat-maid-claw girl boss? I got through, but barely. It seems like there should be something I'm able to do when she's doing the infinite chain attack?

I found level 6 on Nightmare was the best place to level up. I acquired a little over 22,000 experience points playing through it once with Waka.

When I search the title all I get is the DLC

I bought the game on my Vita last week and now I get the same thing when I search the Vita store. It's also gone from the store's top banner despite older games like Metrico still being up there.

Is this now officially the shortest time between listing and delisting in the Vita store? Or maybe this has something to do with Phantom Breaker's screenshots ending up on the P.T. store page last week.

Anyway, you can still buy it using the web store: https://store.sonyentertainmentnetw...unds/cid=UP0745-PCSE00458_00-PBBG0APPLICATION

I bought the game on my Vita last week and now I get the same thing when I search the Vita store. It's also gone from the store's top banner despite older games like Metrico still being up there.

Is this now officially the shortest time between listing and delisting in the Vita store? Or maybe this has something to do with Phantom Breaker's screenshots ending up on the P.T. store page last week.

Anyway, you can still buy it using the web store: https://store.sonyentertainmentnetw...unds/cid=UP0745-PCSE00458_00-PBBG0APPLICATION

Thanks, glad someone here is backing up my story. Didn't wanna look dumber then I am. I ended up finding it via the web store myself earlier in the day.

Anyways the game is really fun. Got to Stage 4 during down time at work. Having issues getting the special moves off. Using Yuzuha for the record. Also when you get a perfect block (hit x (or SP) right before being hit) what effect is that doing? Sometimes "emergency mode" will flash on the screen.

bobawesome

Finally got 100% (game + DLC) trophies today. I had run through Demonsphere three times, but no more.

Congratulations.

tumblr_mvlzazWbY51rb06tgo3_250.gif

I'll bust out that handy map you posted and get around to doing the same in the next few days.

SerTapTap

Okay it turns out the bullet-hammer girl is my least favorite and picking her first was a terrible idea. Loving how Cocoa plays though.

SerTapTap

Didn't touch the DLC, not sure I want to spend $5 for one character I'm not sure I'll like and levels I'm not sure I'll reach. I tend to bail on games after the first replay, though I'm trying for Hard at least with Cocoa

kirby2096

After playing PBBG I went back to the 360 demo of Phantom Breaker and despite the janky animations it was fun. Phantom Breaker Extra on PSN is 2000yen for a few more days, so I might spring for that. Anyone played it and have any thoughts on the game?

LiK

Didn't touch the DLC, not sure I want to spend $5 for one character I'm not sure I'll like and levels I'm not sure I'll reach. I tend to bail on games after the first replay, though I'm trying for Hard at least with Cocoa

If you're a Steins;Gate fan, well worth it. Shame she has zero story dialogue tho. I played her first and was wondering where the story was until I played the main characters.

MetalDeer

Ooh, Kurisu DLC. Is there any additional content in the Vita version (As opposed to Xbox)? I noticed it's cheaper on Xbox Live, but I might pay up since it seems like a good game to have on the go.

Edit: Just noticed there's another DLC pack on Xbox, so I guess it isn't really cheaper. I assume that's included in the base version on Vita?

Shizuka

If you're a Steins;Gate fan, well worth it. Shame she has zero story dialogue tho. I played her first and was wondering where the story was until I played the main characters.

Funny thing is that I never finished the Story Mode with anyone but Kurisu, so I know there is a story, but I just didn't bother with it.

LiK

Funny thing is that I never finished the Story Mode with anyone but Kurisu, so I know there is a story, but I just didn't bother with it.

It's a lot of nonsense. Not much of a story. At least all it has full voice-overs in JPN.

Zhao_Yun

Kurisu DLC still seems to be missing on the EU store although it should have been up since the store update 2 weeks ago. Terrible handling of the EU release by 5pb thus far :(

Top Bottom