• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PhillyGAF |OT|

Yeah, this seems like my initial hunch was right.

Man, fuck this guy.

technically two guys, one has the camera. I give it until the 10 oclock news before the local news gets wind of this and these two assholes are tarred, feathered, and run the fuck out of town

esms

I walked to work this morning and wasn't murdered and dismembered. Truly an exceptional day for this city.

Admodieus

Nice job capturing the skyline in the newest Homefront. Too bad it will outdated by the time it comes out with the new Comcast tower.

nfOH68Wm.jpg

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
I walked to work this morning and wasn't murdered and dismembered. Truly an exceptional day for this city.

Me too, I was even on the subway!

Nice job capturing the skyline in the newest Homefront. Too bad it will outdated by the time it comes out with the new Comcast tower.

nfOH68Wm.jpg

This is pretty much the only reason why I want to play it. It's set in Philly.

I mean, fuck me. That orange line train is identical. The map may be a little off though.

Deku Tree

I wonder what the best way to get to see everything would be? My wife has said that she's interested, but we haven't made any plans...is it already too late?

Hi Hudson! It's probably not too late. I don't really know. You want to show up to the popes public mass with the other 1.5 million people?

Hi Hudson! It's probably not too late. I don't really know. You want to show up to the popes public mass with the other 1.5 million people?

Hey Deku...Not really, but it's hard to be so close and not check it out. Once in a lifetime deal I guess. It's a shame that it's not a couple of years from now when the kids are a bit older and we could park outside of the box and bike in. Honestly, I thought we may have been able to take the R5 in, but then I saw something about a lottery that has passed.

Would using the subway on that Friday and Monday be advisable? Need to get to class somehow...

yeah it's fine. no events are going on either day.

hmm...So many people planning on fleeing the city. We should do a PhillyGAF "PopePocalypse" meetup on saturday. not sunday though, I'm not suicidal.

Deku Tree

Hey Deku...Not really, but it's hard to be so close and not check it out. Once in a lifetime deal I guess. It's a shame that it's not a couple of years from now when the kids are a bit older and we could park outside of the box and bike in. Honestly, I thought we may have been able to take the R5 in, but then I saw something about a lottery that has passed.

Did you see this web site Hudson?

https://papalvisitphiladelphia.wordpress.com

gcubed

Well, i'm glad i missed all this :)

On a random note, my wife and I have decided to move back to the Philly area late next year, i chased a pre-ipo job out to the bay area and it worked out well but its too expensive to live out here, definitely not worth the money and hassle and we both miss Philly.

Cant wait!

Well, i'm glad i missed all this :)

On a random note, my wife and I have decided to move back to the Philly area late next year, i chased a pre-ipo job out to the bay area and it worked out well but its too expensive to live out here, definitely not worth the money and hassle and we both miss Philly.

Cant wait!

Nice! I am glad you came to your senses and are returning to the superior coast.

gcubed

Nice! I am glad you came to your senses and are returning to the superior coast.

considering i think we worked a few blocks from each other before i left, we should actually grab a beer when i get back, i expect a fully functioning phillyGAF by the time i get back. meetups!

JLynn

I spent this past weekend in Philly with the fiancée. We went to Chinatown and bought a lot of Ramen ingredients, and visited family at a block party in Germantown. I miss Philly from the moment we crossed the DE state line. Heck, I miss DE as well as we went shopping at the Dover Mall, but that's another story.

I spent this past weekend in Philly with the fiancée. We went to Chinatown and bought a lot of Ramen ingredients, and visited family at a block party in Germantown. I miss Philly from the moment we crossed the DE state line. Heck, I miss DE as well as we went shopping at the Dover Mall, but that's another story.

I've considered making my own ramen, then I figured out I could get Terakawa Ramen delivered.

Is it true that other cities are not going thru these shenanigans for their pope visit? DC and NYC?

Yes, it's true. But it's apples to oranges. There are 1-2 million expected visitors to the Philadelphia event. The NYC and DC visits are closed/private events. It's a bit different when your population is doubling for a weekend.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
I came into the thread to ask about great cheesesteaks spots, OP has it covered. Also came to ask about public transportation, OP has it covered. Excellent OP.

I'm thinking of doing a day trip sometime in the next few weeks. I haven't been to Philly since I was in the 7th grade. It was for a school trip so it is hard to count it. Looking forward to seeing the sights and sounds of Philly.

WHAT
SON OF A BITCH

It's all good. I'll just make the trek to Philly if I want that. I'll likely just stick to Frankford/Girard though, since North Bowl and Barcade are there.

GrubHub/Caviar/Postmates. You can get pretty much anything delivered, and they have constant specials where you basically get delivery free, or even free food for the cost of delivery. It's awesome.

Anyway, NoLibs/Fishtown has some cool places to eat and hang out and all but it's not as nice as living on the BSL. Some day people will realize that the BSL is the superior subway to live near. Stupid easy commutes to all of CC, South Philly/East Passyunk, and the stadiums. You can transfer at City Hall so you are equidistant to University City and NoLibs/Fishtown.

gcubed

It's also not a sardine can at rush hour. I assume people are still nervous about spring garden, etc going north. I like the bsl, besides old ass trains (but heated seats!) it's a joy to ride. Plus lots of good places to grab a beer and a bite to eat going south to tasker/Morris and beyond, get away from the crowds.

It's also not a sardine can at rush hour. I assume people are still nervous about spring garden, etc going north. I like the bsl, besides old ass trains (but heated seats!) it's a joy to ride. Plus lots of good places to grab a beer and a bite to eat going south to tasker/Morris and beyond, get away from the crowds.

Yeah, north of Spring Garden the stations get a little sketchy, mostly because they are old. Fairmount stop is just dirty, and the corner was kind of dead, but that's going to change fast with the Divine Lorraine and other stuff going on there. Girard stop is sketchy because it's actually in a fringe area, but then Cecil B Moore is fine.

StevieWhite

Philly GAF, where are your favorite brick and mortar game stores? Mine has to be

http://classicgamejunkie.com/

They are out in Glenside, so it is a bit of a hike for me, but I find that they are worth the trip. They're also excellent at repairing consoles - thanks to them my launch PS3 is still purring like a kitten. They also fixed a Wii that fell down a flight of steps for me, but in retrospect, I am beginning to think I should have let that one die.

Yeah, north of Spring Garden the stations get a little sketchy, mostly because they are old. Fairmount stop is just dirty, and the corner was kind of dead, but that's going to change fast with the Divine Lorraine and other stuff going on there. Girard stop is sketchy because it's actually in a fringe area, but then Cecil B Moore is fine.

That's my neck of the woods! Er, was. Fairmount is ok. Divine Lorraine is always on fire for some reason. Girard is my normal stop. Sketchy as hell. Cecil is huge since its near Temple.

That's my neck of the woods! Er, was. Fairmount is ok. Divine Lorraine is always on fire for some reason. Girard is my normal stop. Sketchy as hell. Cecil is huge since its near Temple.

You left right as they are going to fix the Divine Lorraine and build 480 apartments, a supermarket and more right behind it. Nice one.

Act like that shit isn't gonna take like 5-10 years! :p

And I moved to the suburbs. 5 minute commute to where I work now!

Yeah, but now you're stuck in the suburbs.

I actually don't think it will take that long. Once the DL actually starts construction it will take 2 years max. The other thing? Who knows, but I think there is a big push by council to get it done more quickly cause people love the hell out of supermarkets.

I'll take the burbs with 30 minute drive to Philly any day. That commute was hell for me!

And the Divine Lorraine ain't ever coming down. It's a long-standing testament to shit

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Ok, I'm planning my day trip to Philly, I have nailed down the things I wanna go see (or rather hope to see). The only thing I'm missing is a cheese steak spot. The two listed in the OP would be kinda out of the way and would take up a lot of time trying to get there.

Seems like Campo’s Deli and Steve’s Prince of Steaks are nearby to the places I want to go to. Any good?

Ok, I'm planning my day trip to Philly, I have nailed down the things I wanna go see (or rather hope to see). The only thing I'm missing is a cheese steak spot. The two listed in the OP would be kinda out of the way and would take up a lot of time trying to get there.

Seems like Campo’s Deli and Steve’s Prince of Steaks are nearby to the places I want to go to. Any good?

Steve's is fantastic. I'd suggest that over campos.

Mr.Fresh

My girlfriend and I recently moved to the south jersey area from north jersey.. Planning on taking a trip to the city Friday!

Top Bottom