• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PhillyGAF |OT|

Yeah it's this gimmick

https://skybrunch.ticketleap.com/celestial-salute-at-skygarten/details

I'll probably buy them tomorrow.

I just ordered three, haha. Nothing better to do.

The view of the Parkway is fantastic from what I understand.

5Hyb0ZY.jpg

gcubed

AWF, I was just in your hood. My bad, I should have mentioned earlier! I forget how nice of an area it is

I'm much less of a creep than Bronson

Agent

Glad I don't have to ride Regional Rail after the mess developing there. Seems like that won't be running back to normal anytime soon. Hopefully the overflow doesn't affect the MFL too much.

SeanR1221

Glad I don't have to ride Regional Rail after the mess developing there. Seems like that won't be running back to normal anytime soon. Hopefully the overflow doesn't affect the MFL too much.

Just read about that. Sounds like a mess, but I usually only use Septa RR on the weekends anyway.

Why did Jim Kenney fire The Roots?

And why did he give the reins to a fucking flop who booked old ass acts

Summary of last night:

Rain errwhere
Walrus tried to throw me off the SkyGarten
Couldn't see shit
Buffet wasn't ready and lines were long as hell
But open bar was bomb and Walrus didn't kill me so A++++ would sky again

And why did he give the reins to a fucking flop who booked old ass acts

Summary of last night:

Rain errwhere
Walrus tried to throw me off the SkyGarten
Couldn't see shit
Buffet wasn't ready and lines were long as hell
But open bar was bomb and Walrus didn't kill me so A++++ would sky again

The buffet line was insane, but I have to say the food was actually pretty decent for buffet food. Open bar was very good though.

Rain made the fireworks a huge waste. Kenney sucks.

Is it even possible to find a decent place to live in Philly for ~$500 a month?

You probably could with roommates pretty easily. It just depends on your definition of "decent", but you could definitely get something near Temple that is a 2-3br for $1000-1500. Not the nicest neighborhood though, but pretty dirt cheap.

mintyice

You probably could with roommates pretty easily. It just depends on your definition of "decent", but you could definitely get something near Temple that is a 2-3br for $1000-1500. Not the nicest neighborhood though, but pretty dirt cheap.

Yeah but then I'd get super murdered. Anywhere less stabby?

The Llama

The funny thing about SEPTA is the only reason haven't fully deployed SEPTA Key yet is because they didn't want it to fail during the DNC and cause huge problems. At this point they may as well go full yolo and just release it.

SEPTA fuckery and Bernie protesters? This shit is gonna be too good.
They protested outside my building the other week. #blessed

I wonder if SEPTA will still be all messed up during the DNC. Lol.

I'm not wondering that, I'm wondering if it will be screwed up until next year. I mean, it's gonna take a long time to fix 120 train cars I would imagine. Word is they're working on a deal with NJ Transit to use some NJ Transit cars on the SEPTA lines.

Bok Bar is open again. I highly recommend it to anyone who likes a good view, because it's one of the best skyline views of the city I've ever seen.

As for the heat wave, I spent yesterday evening at the local pool. Can't beat a convenient pool in this heat!

Soapbox Killer

Grand Nagus
F.Y.E. on Broad and Chestnut is going out of business (very sad but expected) 30% off everything with deals up to 50%. Gonna stock up on some vinyl and marvel movies.

Bok Bar is open again. I highly recommend it to anyone who likes a good view, because it's one of the best skyline views of the city I've ever seen.

As for the heat wave, I spent yesterday evening at the local pool. Can't beat a convenient pool in this heat!

I should hit up Bok Bar soon. That shit was a ton of fun.

Also my pool is fucking two feet from my apartment so NYAH NYA-oh god there's too many children here

Positive side of the heat wave is that sips wasn't as packed as it usually is.

Still haven't gone to sips, goddamn

F.Y.E. on Broad and Chestnut is going out of business (very sad but expected) 30% off everything with deals up to 50%. Gonna stock up on some vinyl and marvel movies.

Oh nooooo :(

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu

Saw that the other day, was honestly wondering when it was. I should drop in to get a couple CDs.

On another note, a Target is opening up between 11th-12th and Chestnut on the 24th.

Miker

So I have a very, very loud neighbor upstairs who has ridiculous bass. I've spoken to him several times about turning it down, and he always says he will, but the last time I spoke to him, he wasn't very happy about it. I've had glimpses into his apartment and I've seen a speaker that looks like it belongs at a concert, not in an apartment complex. It's driving me absolutely insane - I'm a EM resident and I'm working 12+ hour shifts in the ICU, so I sleep around 10 and wake up around 4:30.

I've asked my landlord to speak with him, and he hasn't yet. He's out of town right now, and will be back tomorrow, and says he'll speak with my neighbor. I think I'm able to try and sleep through tonight - maybe - but my question is, if I end up calling the cops for a noise complaint, will they take me seriously? I'm coming from Oklahoma, so suffice to say I've never actually had to file a noise complaint before, so I don't know if what I'm experience is just city living. And if they do take me seriously, are there any actual repercussions for him?

For reference, I've attached some footage I've taken on my plain old iPhone from inside my room and outside his door. Wear headphones and turn up the sound a bit to get the full effect:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/zyfi6jhpddi727r/2016-07-10 22.09.56.mov?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/mpdjsuazpw9em1l/2016-07-10 22.14.45.mov?dl=0

The amount of bass being transmitted through to my room is utterly absurd, and you can actually hear the door handle vibrate in the second video.

Thoughts? Any experience with this stuff?

Soapbox Killer

Grand Nagus
Saw that the other day, was honestly wondering when it was. I should drop in to get a couple CDs.

On another note, a Target is opening up between 11th-12th and Chestnut on the 24th.

Working on at 5th and Market, this is relevant to my needs. Is this the "Target Express" or is that the one down Rittenhouse Square?

esms

Miker: Wait for the landlord, the cops don't give a shit and won't do anything. The landlord is more than capable of shutting the noise down.

The Llama

Air Management Services in the city's Health Department deals with noise complaints. Basically, tell them, they should send a letter, follow up if nothing changes in two or three weeks. They'll possibly/should send someone out to take a decibel reading and issue a violation citation.

So it's not the fastest process but they should be able to help.

Also, speaking of violations and such, the city law department is adding like four attorneys to the Code Enforcement unit. It's our (delayed) response to the building collapse. But hopefully the city will be able to better police that stuff now.

So I have a very, very loud neighbor upstairs who has ridiculous bass. I've spoken to him several times about turning it down, and he always says he will, but the last time I spoke to him, he wasn't very happy about it. I've had glimpses into his apartment and I've seen a speaker that looks like it belongs at a concert, not in an apartment complex. It's driving me absolutely insane - I'm a EM resident and I'm working 12+ hour shifts in the ICU, so I sleep around 10 and wake up around 4:30.

I've asked my landlord to speak with him, and he hasn't yet. He's out of town right now, and will be back tomorrow, and says he'll speak with my neighbor. I think I'm able to try and sleep through tonight - maybe - but my question is, if I end up calling the cops for a noise complaint, will they take me seriously? I'm coming from Oklahoma, so suffice to say I've never actually had to file a noise complaint before, so I don't know if what I'm experience is just city living. And if they do take me seriously, are there any actual repercussions for him?

For reference, I've attached some footage I've taken on my plain old iPhone from inside my room and outside his door. Wear headphones and turn up the sound a bit to get the full effect:

The amount of bass being transmitted through to my room is utterly absurd, and you can actually hear the door handle vibrate in the second video.

Ordinances:

Sound From Residential Properties. No person shall create or cause, or
permit the creation of, sound originating from a residential property audible at a
distance greater than one hundred feet from the property boundary or that exceeds 3
decibels above background level measured beyond the property boundary except for the
following

There's also an ordinance against vibrations that you may be able to get them hit with as well.

Excessive Vibration. No person shall create or cause, or permit the
creation of, vibration levels that exceed 0.15 inches per second beyond any property
boundary or 30 yards from any moving source.

Working on at 5th and Market, this is relevant to my needs. Is this the "Target Express" or is that the one down Rittenhouse Square?

The Rittenhouse one is in October. The 11th one is an express.

A scaled down Target store known as a ‘flexible format store’ opens along Chestnut Street near 11th Street on July 20th.

Target spokeswoman Kristy Welker says it is 19-thousand square feet with a wide variety of merchandise.

“Grab and go food that guests can purchase for picking up items for a last minute meal or lunch items, home offerings for new apartments and lofts being built as well as health and beauty and a lot more,” Welker said.

It will also have a pharmacy and Starbucks. There will be an emphasis on product pick up ordered from Target’s website.

Another Target is scheduled to open up in the Rittenhouse Square area in October that location: 1900 Chestnut Street.

A third one is is projected to open in the art museum area at 20th and Pennsylvania Avenue in October of next year.

Those videos were taken after 10 pm? I'd call the fuzz on him. Landlords/apartment managers don't give a shit about this, in my experience. You are the one who has to try to live your life in these conditions.

Deku Tree

Yeah call the cops. Call them right away. Every time.

The cops may not write a ticket the first time but they do come and tell the guy to turn it down, as long as they're not swamped.

I've had to deal with noisy renters next door for years, and Most people I've come across do stop pretty quickly after the cops come to their door, even if they don't stop when you ask them or when you knock on their door.

Also I hate to say it but if your in and apartment and working 12+ hours a day, possibly you could use the complaint to get your land lord to put you in a different unit?

Miker

I spoke with my landlord today and he said my neighbor wasn't in this morning, but that they'll definitely talk to him tomorrow morning. I also told them I was /this/ close to calling the police, and he said that's perfectly fine if I need to. I'm off tomorrow so I don't mind waiting, so we'll see what happens.

Top Bottom