• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Spirit of Justice |OT| Khura'in, not Kurain

Thought I would wrap up Case 5 a few hours ago but boy that one just kept going.
Done now, I'll need to sleep before I reach any conclusions about this one though, this kept my up waaay later than I planned.

added an faq to the first post

lmao.

I think I'm stuck in case 3.

The seance in the trial on day 2. I got as far as countering the Plumed Punisher Theme as evidence, but I have no idea on what to do next.

I'm pretty sure what happened was that someone pushed over that stone and the victim ended up impaled on the statue's dagger, but what's the next step?

I have to admit, I am not a fan of the seances. They're a case of "Guess what the writer is thinking" more than most anything in the entire series so far.

If you want some help:
After clearing up the Plumed Punisher theme song, the next part about sould be that when the "Heavy" bit comes up in the vision, that's what you point out.

McNum

If you want some help:
After clearing up the Plumed Punisher theme song, the next part about sould be that when the "Heavy" bit comes up in the vision, that's what you point out.
Nope, still not getting it.

Case 3:
The exact Insights I have are:
- "The victim stood with his hands on the stone slab in the hideout."
- "It was the afternoon of the day before the rite."
- "Then someone was there... and the theme to the Plumed Punisher filled the air..."
- "The accused plunged her knife into the defenseless victim's neck"
- "The blade struck true, and in that instant he departed from this world..."

The senses are Gingihl, Plumed Punisher's Theme, Heavy, and of course Pain.

I would have thought pointing "Then someone was there..." at either the theme or Heavy would be it, but it doesn't take.

Nope, still not getting it.

Case 3:
The exact Insights I have are:
- "The victim stood with his hands on the stone slab in the hideout."
- "It was the afternoon of the day before the rite."
- "Then someone was there... and the theme to the Plumed Punisher filled the air..."
- "The accused plunged her knife into the defenseless victim's neck"
- "The blade struck true, and in that instant he departed from this world..."

The senses are Gingihl, Plumed Punisher's Theme, Heavy, and of course Pain.

I would have thought pointing "Then someone was there..." at either the theme or Heavy would be it, but it doesn't take.

I think you have to point out the
Heavy feeling at the knife statement, but I'm not 100% sure. I am fairly certain though that after pointing out the Plumed Punisher clock in the hideout, the next part is that you show that the stone slab is toppling on top of the guy, as you already correctly deduced.

Vibranium

Banned
That name is clever and great. All the other Khura'inese names (except for the ones lifted directly from the Japanese version) are terribly lazy and bad.

Yeah, the puns are really bad for Khura'inese people. Too obvious and not enough creative thinking put into them. Maybe next time Capcom USA can use their brains a little better.

On Case 5, things are getting real. Also, I realized that in Case 3 the localization team semi-retconned Maya into liking noodles just as much burgers (she's a huge noodle fan in the original Japanese script since the first game). Seems like they took something from the infamous Apollo hamburger comic.

Also, for those of you missing Blackquill- don't worry!

McNum

I think you have to point out the
Heavy feeling at the knife statement, but I'm not 100% sure. I am fairly certain though that after pointing out the Plumed Punisher clock in the hideout, the next part is that you show that the stone slab is toppling on top of the guy, as you already correctly deduced.
*sigh* That doesn't seem to advance things either.

Neither the Knife nor Blade statements advance the case when used on Heavy.

At this point, I have no idea what pixels to hunt anymore. I mean, I could just reload over and over and match everything to everything until it takes, but... that's no fun.

At this point, I have no idea what pixels to hunt anymore. I mean, I could just reload over and over and match everything to everything until it takes, but... that's no fun.

I looked it up real quick and...
it's actually the very first statement where it says the victim's at the hideout standing at the stone.

Sorry for the misinformation, it's been a few days since I played case 3.

McNum

I looked it up real quick and...
it's actually the very first statement where it says the victim's at the hideout standing at the stone.

Sorry for the misinformation, it's been a few days since I played case 3.
No worries. I found a spoiler-free walkthrough and looked it up myself. Onwards!

And yes, Google did suggest the wiki. Nope! Not touching that.

Javier

You have to present
"Heavy"
at the
1st
Statement.

For those stuck, there's a spoiler-free guide at GameFAQs.

zelhawks37

Just finished the game and what a ride it was! Loved it from beginning to end and would probably put it just behind Trials and Tribulations as best in the series.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Almost done with the game. For some reason, I'm liking this game more than AA5. AA5 was cheesy as hell and the villains were way too over the top. AA6 had over-the-top villains but were toned down a bit.

I'd say the final case is comparable to
Ace Attorney 3's final case in terms of getting a bit convoluted. Not exactly there but it pulls in so many twists and turns.

Flandy

A few months ago I remember seeing an animated fan video of Maya and Phoenix reuniting. I think Apollo and Athena might have been in it too? It was dubbed in English as well

Anyone know what I'm talking about since I can't seem to find it

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
Woo, beat it. Kind of surprised I anticipated every twist in the final case apart from some minor specific details about the case's execution and
Dhurke's early death
. Everything else, though, I guess was well telegraphed or something. So I guess the next game
might give Athena the "all grown up and capable" case that Apollo got this game now that Apollo is gone? Though they do leave it open for him to return at any point, they also left the possibility that he could be gone for the rest of the series if they chose that.
Overall, I greatly enjoyed it. The concluding theme
of the nature of parent/child or mentor/disciple relationships
was bittersweet and enjoyable. I like Apollo more now, and Rayfa is definitely one of my favorite characters.
It was nice to see how the stories of characters like Apollo, Maya, Ema, and Rayfa all progressed. Phoenix's and Athena's stories were kind of static, but I guess those characters are filling their roles of master and novice, respectively.

A few months ago I remember seeing an animated fan video of Maya and Phoenix reuniting. I think Apollo and Athena might have been in it too? It was dubbed in English as well

Anyone know what I'm talking about since I can't seem to find it

I think you're probably talking about this video, though Maya and Phoenix don't reunite in-person, IIRC.

Flandy

Woo, beat it. Kind of surprised I anticipated every twist in the final case apart from some minor specific details about the case's execution and
Dhurke's early death
. Everything else, though, I guess was well telegraphed or something. So I guess the next game
might give Athena the "all grown up and capable" case that Apollo got this game now that Apollo is gone? Though they do leave it open for him to return at any point, they also left the possibility that he could be gone for the rest of the series if they chose that.
Overall, I greatly enjoyed it. The concluding theme
of the nature of parent/child or mentor/disciple relationships
was bittersweet and enjoyable. I like Apollo more now, and Rayfa is definitely one of my favorite characters.
It was nice to see how the stories of characters like Apollo, Maya, Ema, and Rayfa all progressed. Phoenix's and Athena's stories were kind of static, but I guess those characters are filling their roles of master and novice, respectively.

I think you're probably talking about this video, though Maya and Phoenix don't reunite in-person, IIRC.

Nah it's not that
I'm almost certain that it's Phoenix and Maya meeting in person and start talking to eachother. I think it might have even been a burger place? Meanwhile Apollo and Athena stand there baffled as the two of them catchup. It was really adorable and i can't for the life of me seem to find it again. Did I just dream it up? D:

Tizoc

So anyone else took note of the classic Capcom cameo in Case 5? You can even see it as part of the Case Record items.

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
Nah it's not that
I'm almost certain that it's Phoenix and Maya meeting in person and start talking to eachother. I think it might have even been a burger place? Meanwhile Apollo and Athena stand there baffled as the two of them catchup. It was really adorable and i can't for the life of me seem to find it again. Did I just dream it up? D:

Was it officially made? Or was it a fan film? Because that rings absolutely zero bells. I'd say maybe it's from the anime or promotional stuff for PWxPL, but I don't think either of those feature characters beyond the original trilogy. So...no idea.

So anyone else took note of the classic Capcom cameo in Case 5? You can even see it as part of the Case Record items.

I missed it. What was it?

Flandy

Was it officially made? Or was it a fan film? Because that rings absolutely zero bells. I'd say maybe it's from the anime or promotional stuff for PWxPL, but I don't think either of those feature characters beyond the original trilogy. So...no idea.

I missed it. What was it?

Fanmade
Was only around a minute long give or take.
I'm not 100% sure if they were at a burger place or not
I'm pretty sure I got linked to it on gaf

Finished case 3, loved it. I thought I knew who the killer was after the first investigation, and I was pleased to find I was only half right. I thought the killer was going to be extremely predictable, having played all these games.

I love the political drama this game introduces. The downright hostile attitude in the courtroom is fun. I thought case 2 was the weakest thus far for that reason; we'll see how case 4 goes.

Also, can we recognize that the Thought Route is amazing and easily the best thing to come out of Dual Destinies? I always get so hyped up when that sequence starts.

McNum

Well with that roadblock out of the way, I managed to speed through the last of case 3 and do case 4, too.

Case 3:
I... kind of like it? But the seances were just... not my favorite Ace Attorney minigame at all. I do like the twist on who the killer was, I didn't get it until it literally said it on the screen. And then it was obvious. Also, nice of Tahrust to remember to put his top back on before getting sent back. Maya sends her thanks.

Case 4:
Oh, Simon Blackquill, how I missed you. Can I take you to case 5 with me? I need someone to yell SILENCE! at Prosecutor Sad Monk. It could be the only thing he does and he'd be more than welcome to come along. Well that and be on pearl intercept duty. Honestly this entire case boils down to one thing. Just how much better a prosecutor Simon Blackquill was than Sad Monk. Arrogance is fine, it's expected, even. Being boring is not.

You have one case left to impress me, Sad Monk. But I'm not expecting much. And yes. That's your name from now on. Because it's much easier to spell and has just the right amount of scorn.

McNum

Case 5 spoilers, don't look if you haven't started it. Seriously.

I expected a lot of things of this case. I mean, it's been hyped up a bit here. And yet...
I did NOT expect it to start with Dhurke just showing up at the Wright Anything Office asking Apollo for a favor. Way to go, game! That blindsided me completely!

This case will be good, how could it not?

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Not really a story spoiler but the
Ga'ran
music in Case 5 was pretty awesome. Probably one of the best AA songs.

Found it: https://youtu.be/YIVXfEHvI2s

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
We need the DLC case ASAP. This game was too good.

McNum

Case 5 update, day 1 investigation complete.

Hell yeah!

I was wondering if they'd find a way to out-do the return of Edgeworth in Dual Destines. This will do. This will do very well. Please game, play this trial straight. I know there's politics and a revolution and all... but just have this be an outright courtroom war.

I was so sure the OST this time around had to be handled by someone other than Iwadare since it just wasn't hitting the spot compared to his work on AA5 and the Investigations duo (and of course a lack of someone having an inexplicably jazzy theme) yet the credits rolled and he was there.
Maybe I need to give it a proper listen but I felt the OST here was the weakest since AA2 with the best stuff being cribbed from AA5 or just remixes of old themes (because Apollo's theme will always rock).
Though I can say there's a fair amount of detail lost not using headphones, Nahyuta's theme in particular is going from ehhhhh to hey this is pretty good with the extra audio boost.

Phoenix Wright: Asinine Attorney available on Australian e-store.

$5.20

Edit: comes with Pixel Art theme.

Speaking of which, Phoenix Wright: Asinine Attorney just rolled out. Anyone know how long it is and if it's worth the price?

£3.59 in the UK store.

Anyone have the Euro price for this? I assume 3.99?

I was so sure the OST this time around had to be handled by someone other than Iwadare since it just wasn't hitting the spot compared to his work on AA5 and the Investigations duo (and of course a lack of someone having an inexplicably jazzy theme) yet the credits rolled and he was there.
Maybe I need to give it a proper listen but I felt the OST here was the weakest since AA2 with the best stuff being cribbed from AA5 or just remixes of old themes (because Apollo's theme will always rock).
Though I can say there's a fair amount of detail lost not using headphones, Nahyuta's theme in particular is going from ehhhhh to hey this is pretty good with the extra audio boost.

I have to disagree with this game's soundtrack being weak. All of the Khura'in music is great, the investigation themes are great (especially regular Core 2016, holy shit), I like the character themes a lot as well (particularly Nahyuta, Rayfa,
Mr. Reus, Uendo and both of Gar'an
), and the court music also is very strong. I can't think of a theme that is particularly bad.
Especially in comparison to AA5 where I felt the soundtrack was mostly weak safe for a few tracks.

Joqu

Yeah, so far I greatly prefer 6's soundtrack over 5's. Haven't listened to it outside of the game yet though

Lumination

'enry 'ollins
Halfway through Case 4 (which has been a bit of a letdown), but as long as Case 5 doesn't bomb, AA6 is on track to be my second favorite game in the series. Very, very happy with the game so far.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
As much as I agree that Nahyuta is lower tier on the list of antagonists, I still didn't mind him. My only real problem with him is why he was in case 4 at all when Klavier or Edgeworth could have been used. It would have even given Klavier an excuse to appear as more than a flashback.

Nahyuta's main strength seems to be his ability to weave a convincing tale even when the evidence is stacking up against him. Other prosecutors throughout the series always sounded like they were reaching whenever they tried to explain away the defense's evidence, but Nahyuta effortlessly produces explanations that actually make sense. I think that's a first for the series.

SolVanderlyn

Nahyuta's main strength seems to be his ability to weave a convincing tale even when the evidence is stacking up against him. Other prosecutors throughout the series always sounded like they were reaching whenever they tried to explain away the defense's evidence, but Nahyuta effortlessly produces explanations that actually make sense. I think that's a first for the series.
This is true. I think it's his calm nature that lets him do this. Even Edgeworth came across as in-your-face with his outright pomposity, whereas Nahyuta presents everything in a clear and rational manner all while still deriding the defense.

Also, did anyone catch the mention of
a "dog faced detective" working with Edgeworth
in case 5? I wonder who that could be... ;)

Lumination

'enry 'ollins
I like that he's calm and collected and not over the top like past prosecutors. (Yes, I'd put Edgeworth in that list, too.) The flip side is that he falls a little flat in comparison. Still, it's a nice change of pace. Overall positive.

Totakeke

Nahyuta may provide good theories yes, but they're usually just theories without any new evidence. Then the game doesn't really lead you to believe why his theories are more credible or more readily accepted so it feels like it's a one-sided trial. They could have leaned towards it more in the Khu'rain cases by implicating a biased judge, but they didn't really give much character to the magistry.

Draxal

Finished Case 4.

I liked it as a filler/breather. I don't have much issue with it.

Blooooooon.

I mean it does it's job so well, a decent filler trial, that makes you want to see the last trial even more, but doesn't meander to long to kill the desire to the last trial.

Gestahl

Eh the DLC was a little too short for the price. Still, it was hilariously stupid.

The next one is slightly longer but yeah don't buy the mini episodes expecting substantial content. I'd think of them more like buying a theme and getting a little 20 minute story as a bonus

Javier

I'm at case 5. I really like the game, although case 4 was boring. Anyway, I've given up all hope that prosecutor Nahyuta will end up being a passable character. Worst prosecutor by a million miles and an overall terrible character. No charisma, no particular intelligence, maximum self-righteousness, severe lack of self-reflection, constant reuse of really boring lines and overall just a trainwreck of a character whose lack of development is even more apparent due to the infinitely better cast around him.

Case 5 would have to perform a miracle to raise him above shit tier.
My problem with Nahyuta is that unlike all previous prosecutors who either had a method to their madness or a character trait that made them endearing, this guy just feels like a jerk on a high horse. Sure, characters like Godot, Franziska and Manfred wouldn't miss a chance to mock you for your mistakes, but Nahyuta feels far too patronizing in the way he addresses you, even you have the upper hand on him.

Top Bottom