• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Spirit of Justice |OT| Khura'in, not Kurain

Gestahl

Trust me, I know. I've been with the series since day one, but for some reason I'm struggling to see what I'm missing because I've checked what feels like everything.

There's a little blue
book
aside from the black one in the dressing room, did you miss that by any chance

There's a little blue
book
aside from the black one in the dressing room, did you miss that by any chance
omg

I did. I was looking for that red hand every time, too. I need to sleep or something.

Thanks for the help! At least I was 100% I'd feel dumb afterward.

At the risk of failing my exam tomorrow, I had to play the first case. It was all right, nothing spectacular. My favorite first case was Apollo Justice, though, so my taste might be different from others. I just didn't really care for the characters at all (I found that one person pretty annoying), and the whole setup of the crime wasn't very compelling. I did like the whole seance bit, though.

Just finished the first trial, loooved it. This game already seems to have a much stronger sense of identity than Dual Destinies. The whole thing was completely ridiculous, but in a good way.

At the risk of failing my exam tomorrow, I had to play the first case. It was all right, nothing spectacular. My favorite first case was Apollo Justice, though, so my taste might be different from others.
Hey, me too!

Lumination

'enry 'ollins
Finished the first case. At first I felt it was dragging, but near the second half it really grew on me. Definitely a top first case imo.

Sagely

Case 1 did not disappoint with its ridiculous puns and over the top villain transformation. Character models and animations are so damn good! The case felt a bit long to me, as though a small amount of meaningful content was stretched out, but I enjoyed it regardless.

Interested to find out why the people despise lawyers. It was really laid on thick in that first case so I'm expecting a melodramatic history to be revealed in due time!

NolbertoS

Just sownloaded it. Was hoping for a physical release but knowing Capcom this is the best they'll do. Now if only they can release Phownix Wright and Sherlock Holmes out West :(

Jeffrey

Am I crazy or is the game running at a lower framerate than dual destiny?

At least the font is way better. Man was that a blurry mess on 3ds.

Totakeke

Just finished the first case, yeah it felt like the threads were far too thin for what the story was asking for. I'd been happy with less twists.

rekameohs

Banned
Am I crazy or is the game running at a lower framerate than dual destiny?

At least the font is way better. Man was that a blurry mess on 3ds.
There's definitely some moments where there's some noticeable slowdown; never saw anything like that in AA5. I'm on N3DS, so I don't know if it's worse on the original 3DS.

D-Man

Just finished the 1st case. I liked it. Not the best first case (T&T has that honor) but still great and I think I liked it better than DD's first case. It had some moments where I legitimately laughed and that seems like a good sign to me.

Can't wait to dig deeper into this!

Jeffrey

There's definitely some moments where there's some noticeable slowdown; never saw anything like that in AA5. I'm on N3DS, so I don't know if it's worse on the original 3DS.

turning off the 3d helps, but its still not smooth as DD. A bit disappointed.

Also noticed that they have transitions between animations now. Was always kinda weird with them trying to mimic the 2d sprites in DD so every animation had really abrupt changes.

Oh geez
0c2412cb48.png

Right off of Facebook

jonjonaug

Regarding all that case 1 ending discussion on the last page:
My impression is that he left the box open for two reasons. One was to implicate the defendant with a motive (stealing the orb), the other was to cover up his own earlier incompetence of allowing it to be stolen in the first place. If everyone thought that the orb had vanished in this case, then they wouldn't investigate further.

MegaMelon

On the off chance anyone's finished case 3, could you let me know how long it is? Days/number of investigation/trial portions.

On the off chance anyone's finished case 3, could you let me know how long it is? Days/number of investigation/trial portions.

Standard length case. Two investigations, two court phases. I think it took me 5, 6 hours total?

Best case in the game, by the way.

McNum

How challenging is this game compared to AA5? I felt like that game basically told me the answer to everything.
I feel like this is a bit more challenging than Dual Destinies. Thought it does still have that "Mess up twice and get a hint" function from the last game.

I do find it interesting that they've gone back to the five penalties system instead of a life bar.

Atrarock

I feel like this is a bit more challenging than Dual Destinies. Thought it does still have that "Mess up twice and get a hint" function from the last game.

I do find it interesting that they've gone back to the five penalties system instead of a life bar.
Kind of Spoiler (but not really) It isn't. The life bar in duel destinies gets cut by a 1/5 for each mistake (5 mistakes total). One part of case 3 had a double penalty, but that was about it.

For Spirit of Justice
penalties still go in variety despite the look of it being like the first game's strike system. Case 2 has a triple penalty and I think there's one part of case 5 where the entire strike bar glows for an unlimited penalty.

Squishy3

what the fuck this got a midnight release FUCKING BOUGHT

and here i was thinking i was going to sleep early tonight

I know this isn't surprising after the beauty that was AA5, but the animations are so goddamn good. If this gets an iOS release like its predecessor, it's going to look glorious.

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
what the fuck this got a midnight release FUCKING BOUGHT

and here i was thinking i was going to sleep early tonight

Midnight release? If you're in the US, it was released when the eShop updated at 9 AM PT on Thursday, September 8th.

Glad to see that regular examination has returned. The character models remain top notch, and thankfully, they've implemented them in some animations that don't just mimic the camera angles of the old sprites.

Groof

Think I'm almost at the end of case 1 and so far I've enjoyed it. Some of these puns too much and so much banter I love it

JimPanzer

Did they make the characters models more 2D-looking again? Love how they look. What I remember from AA:DD the models had a more 3D look, no?

Oh boy, they're stepping up the pun game now. (Case 3 Day 1):
We now have Tahrust Inmee and his wife Beh'leeb Inmee, Puhray Zeh'lot and, my favourite, Datz Are'bal.

Jeffrey

Shame the 3ds can't keep up framerate wise but man the animations are already god tier just from case 1.

Can't wait to see what the rest of the game has in store for animations.

Still weird. Capcom usually are masters at 3ds tech and it's Phoenix wright of all games to have notable performance problems. Moving the cursor around in 'spot the problem' is so stuttery lol.

Feels like the framerate hovers around 25 ish with 3d on.

ZeroX03

Banned
Just bought the game now, downloading it. Even though I'll probably buy a new New 3DS tomorrow and end up transferring it.

R0ckman

I kind of wish Apollo's design was different, its too similar to Wright so ever since his debut where he was developed poorly I can never look at him as anything more than "Not Wright".

Love the dailogue in this series, its just full of things that make me crack up. Played first case last night and just was laughing a ton after the villian freak out.

MrBadger

I actually loved case 2. The scenario was decent, the villains were great and
the ties to Apollo Justice
were very welcome after DD.
Troupe Gramarye continue to be the absolute worst. Also, every magician in Ace Attorney continues to have the personality of a flaming bag of dog shit.
Also, the case didn't go on longer than it needed to. It was just a fun time, and the perfect scenario for a "filler case" with Apollo and Athena.

I have to say though, I don't really like Nahyuta. His whole religious gimmick just isn't that interesting and he just comes off as annoying. Maybe he'll get better. So far Case 3 feels a hell of a lot like Trials and Tribulations.

Top Bottom