• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pics that don't make you laugh but are still cool

Dunalley-fire-4-001.jpg

from the guardian frontpage today. "tammy holmes and her grandchildren cling onto each other under the jetty as the wildfire rages around them"

Alx

I love all those pics : I've been playing with a jigsaw puzzle software for the last weeks, that creates puzzles from any image on your PC, and this thread has been a great source for that. :)

Pretty tight schedule.
It's amazing he lived as long as he did and no shock that he had such trouble healing later in life.

I think the 'best?' story I heard was a random person picking up Jim Belushi on the road near Hunter's house in aspen. Jim was staying with hunter but needed to get away from him for the night because 'I just can't keep up with that guy'.

Scuderia

That's something difficult to see and often lost in regular competition. Those F1 drivers have seriously super human reflexes.

Amazing.

I've stood and watched them drive through there a couple years ago, the speed they carry is unreal. The balls on those guys...

I've also walked up it :)

A full 1s more than McLaren's fastest last year. I wish we got a bird's eye shot of that.

Ferrari set the record with 3.3s at the beginning of the season, last year in March, and McLaren had truly awful stops at that time. Pretty crazy when you think about it.

Zeppu

Ferrari set the record with 3.3s at the beginning of the season, last year in March, and McLaren had truly awful stops at that time. Pretty crazy when you think about it.

Yep. McLaren had 2 or 3 excellent stops padded on either side by 4 or 5 malfunctioning screw guns, nuts or tyres in the way.

I always wondered, is there a movie etc. that depicts realistic fighting robots?

Assuming they don't have stupidly slow cameras&processing, they would be able to anticipate&counter every move of a human. Couple that with the strength to break bones like it's nothing.
So many times you have humans bashing in robots with iron bars etc., that would be simply impossible.

Scuderia

Someone said it's sped up, yet it looks somewhat slowed down to me!

I've seen quicker anyway, just not from that awesome camera angle.

Top Bottom