• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pics that don't make you laugh but are still cool

9iAyycY.gif

Melchiah

may I ask where this is?
it makes no sense to me. a house this close to the water would be flooded after almost every heavy rain. you can actualy see at the black marks of the birch trees how high the water gets.
looks awesome though

Just did a Google image search, and I was surprised to see it's from Finland, where I live. I've seen cabins on small islands here before, but that's definitely the smallest I've seen. The floods aren't that much a risk around here, apart from some northern areas, as far as I know.

Just did a Google image search, and I was surprised to see it's from Finland, where I live. I've seen cabins on small islands here before, but that's definitely the smallest I've seen. The floods aren't that much a risk around here, apart from some northern areas, as far as I know.

ah thanks.

I find it astonishing that it actually has an upper floor.

Retro

What is this, med school in the 20s?

Google reverse image search directs me to this page, which just says;

Medical Class and Staff, 1910
Charles Isaacs Collection, Smithsonian American Art Museum Museum

So yeah, it's probably just a Medical school surgery classroom from the turn of the century.

at all:
please for the love of god, provide some info about the pics you post. I don't know what I'm looking at in half of the posts.

What's with those nintendo pics from "TheWiicast". what's that?

Melchiah

K1dI3pS.jpg

Picasso as Popeye, 1957.

rX5jA0E.jpg

Einstein with fluffy slippers.

eq7wQL1.jpg

Boys in a Glasgow back court show off their xmas presents, which include astronaut suits and Space Hoppers. 1970

Switch Back 9

a lot of my threads involve me fucking up somehow. Perhaps I'm a moron?
eq7wQL1.jpg

Boys in a Glasgow back court show off their xmas presents, which include astronaut suits and Space Hoppers. 1970

The father of one of my best friends grew up in Glasgow around this time. Holy shit does he have some stories, Glasgow was (is?) not a warm or friendly place. This picture really hammers that home.

Henke

The father of one of my best friends grew up in Glasgow around this time. Holy shit does he have some stories, Glasgow was (is?) not a warm or friendly place. This picture really hammers that home.

For some reason, as I scrolled down slowly, I knew that was Glasgow straight away. This city has a fascinating but bleak history to it.

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate
What is this, med school in the 20s?

Google reverse image search directs me to this page, which just says;

Medical Class and Staff, 1910
Charles Isaacs Collection, Smithsonian American Art Museum Museum

So yeah, it's probably just a Medical school surgery classroom from the turn of the century.

They're in an operating theatre. You'd basically come here as a student or physician and watch a surgeon or a surgical team perform an operation.

There's no operating theatres in use today (outside of being just for like conference rooms), there still exist their cousin of sorts, Anatomical Theatres. This is where you'd learn anatomy and see dissections and autopsies.

Top Bottom