• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pics that don't make you laugh but are still cool

Manu

This is fucking with my head.

tumblr_mkdymqcJet1rjcfxro1_500.gif

Currygan

at last, for christ's sake
4207478815_46f9041046_o.jpg

the Venezuelan poodle moth. It's not completely clear if it's true or not, but still, it's a pretty cool bug

Aguirre

c09_59915304.jpg

A bright video screen shows images of blue sky on Tiananmen Square during a time of dangerous levels of air pollution, on January 23, 2013 in Beijing.

demon

I don't mean to alarm you but you have dogs on your face
That's just depressing, although if I lived there I'd probably appreciate having something like that. Then again I'd probably appreciate even more an attempt to clean up the goddamn air.

GrayFoxPL

iCk8ECENbzaXP.jpg

iBghDjAsS0zLh.jpg

From 70 Anniversary of Action under Arsenal.(Poland)

Kids dressed as young partisans from that time with real Army Commandos.

It reveals the blind spots our pitifully made eyeballs are flawed with... damn octopuses always make me jealous.

easier to see with this I think:

I43R7Ky.jpg

Close the right eye and look with the left eye at the white spot in the grid. The black cross on the left disappears (if your head is at the right distance). Or do it the other way around.

Usually the second eye can compensate. In cases like above, the brain will just make stuff up based on the surrounding.
It's a nice demonstration why you can't trust fully what you see (i.e. people seeing "ghosts" etc.) as you only get a modified, dumped down photoshop-version of the sensory input (which is already limited by itself).

More extreme cases are people that e.g. lost the whole right or left side of their vision. Their brain will just fill in the rest and then they get run over by a car because they though the left/right side of the street was clear but their brain just made that up because it couldn't see the car :p

It reveals the blind spots our pitifully made eyeballs are flawed with... damn octopuses always make me jealous.

im pretty sure it's not blind spots because I can clearly see all the yellow when looking at the green dot initially.

for me, after a few seconds the one of the dots will seem to disappear, usually the top left. sometimes two will go away.

Top Bottom